JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEWS ALERT | The Good News According to Jesus Begins Filming

And as stated in the latest news release, filming will not be finished for Episode 1 until October, and post-production and editing takes many months after that....

I'm not sure I read it the same a you. I read the filming for the 'final days' is done: To Quote :
"Brother Kenneth Cook of the Governing Body, who was present for the final days of filming Episode 1...."

Yet I suspect that there will be a lot of post filming work to be done. Add to that the CGI necessary to capture the 'supernatural' scenes. Now integrate the score and final edit/cut...
What a mammoth task has been entrusted to the Australasia Branch and RVT teams!

Old (Downunder) Tone

11 minutes ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

I'm not sure I read it the same a you. I read the filming for the 'final days' is done: To Quote :
"Brother Kenneth Cook of the Governing Body, who was present for the final days of filming Episode 1...."

I can understand the confusion. However, it is just Phase 1 of filming for Episode 1 that is complete. Phase 2 (still of Episode 1) begins soon, and that will be complete in early October. Then onto filming Episode 2 while the post-production team works on editing the video footage for Episode 1.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Doak said:

Are there estimates for the end of the recordings of the 18 episodes of this series?

The schedule has had to be adjusted countless times due to the pandemic, but as it stands currently, filming for the entire series should be completed roughly in late 2028.

6 hours ago, Doak said:

Are there estimates for the end of the recordings of the 18 episodes of this series?

The original estimate was 7.5 years. 

I suppose the 2nd part of episode 1 should start again soon after a 3 week break... 

On 5/25/2022 at 8:45 AM, Dages said:

It's the movies ! 1000 minutes, that's more than a 16 hour saga  :D 

With that being the case, I wonder how long it will take to for us to see these segments at the conventions? Or maybe they will be released also on JW Broadcasting. I hope we finish seeing the film in the new world :)

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

3 hours ago, *Jack* said:

With that being the case, I wonder how long it will take to for us to see these segments at the conventions? Or maybe they will be released also on JW Broadcasting. I hope we finish seeing the film in the new world :)

I think GB plans to debut each episode at the regional convention each year.

i believe this series will be very useful to us all but specially for the resurrected ones.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

6 minutes ago, Doak said:

If they started as early as 2023, we would end up seeing in 2041.

…. And probably already in the New World after Armagedom 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

I think GB plans to debut each episode at the regional convention each year.

i believe this series will be very useful to us all but specially for the resurrected ones.

@Doak pretty much took the words out my mouth. It would take us a long time if we only saw the segments at the conventions. I’m hoping we’ll finish seeing them in the new world :)

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

3 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

There is currently need for another 1000 volunteers to assist with filming. Don’t know details, but that’s the number mentioned in Bethel Sydney. 

Shall I apply?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jwanon said:

How long is one episode ?

about 60 minutes 😍 

In the 2021 annual meeting they said that the whole series in total will be around 1000 minutes long

To be like soft CLAY in the hands of Jehovah, but hard as a STONE when Satan wants to mold us

• 3 weeks later...

Keep the project in your prayers people. I've heard from someone in my group that apparently there's a determined effort by Apostates to get the filming stopped. I don't have details, but it's being filmed in Sydney, so I have a few mutual friends with people involved. The recent local needs part about praying for the projects that are underway? Apparently, that's part of what they were talking about.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...