JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

11 hours ago, Sofia said:

the church is ... gone

The church was destroyed in a lake of sulfur and fire, just a preview of good things to come.

Edited by Paulo

typo

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Now a 5.8. And yes, another church was destroyed but also someone who was working inside died unfortunately. 
At least one dead in strong earthquake on Greek island of Crete https://www.sbs.com.au/news/at-least-one-dead-in-strong-earthquake-on-greek-island-of-crete?cid=newsapp:socialshare:copylink

Hawaii's Kilauea volcano has begun errupting again.

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/kilauea/news/142864/Kilauea-volcano-Hawai-i-new-eruption-in-Halemaumau-crater-Volcanic-Alert-Level-raised-to-Red.html

Screenshot_20210930_080353.thumb.jpg.93e144e93910dcaff9efb5db9317934c.jpg

Onset of a new eruption started at the volcano in the afternoon of 29 September at about 15:20 local time as the observatory detected a glow in the Kilauea summit crater.

New eruptive fissures opened at approx. 15:21 local time at the bottom of the Halemaʻumaʻu crater. 

These fissures opened east of the large island near the center of the lava lake. 

The opening of the vents was accompanied by low lava fountains and feeding new lava flows.

At about 16:43 local time, another vent opened on the west wall of the crater.
Gas and steam emissions continue at elevated levels.

Therefore, the alert level for the volcano was raised to "red".

Source: Hawaiian Volcano Observatory volcano activity update 29 September 2021

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I may be crazy... but if many volcanoes come into eruption the sky may become darker... and we wont be able to see the stars. hot weather ...warmer atmosphere can make the moon look red.

can it be a possible outcome from Jesus prophecy?

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

9 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I may be crazy... but if many volcanoes come into eruption the sky may become darker... and we wont be able to see the stars. hot weather ...warmer atmosphere can make the moon look red.

can it be a possible outcome from Jesus prophecy?

Maybe the volcanic ash and resulting gasses will cure Covid-19?? 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 hours ago, AH173 said:

why do you say so? usually gases from volcanoes are very toxic based in chlorine and sulphur 😕😕 dangerous for us to breath...

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

23 minutes ago, Nirex said:

Is it just a coincidence that a volcano took out a church and then an earthquake took one out?

Like that seems kinda eerie.

You tell us.  Based upon your understanding of the scriptures, and the research material at your disposal that can answer your question, was it a coincidence or not?

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

why do you say so? usually gases from volcanoes are very toxic based in chlorine and sulphur 😕😕 dangerous for us to breath...

Was a slight attempt at humor.

3 hours ago, Nirex said:

Is it just a coincidence that a volcano took out a church and then an earthquake took one out?

Like that seems kinda eerie.

interesting yes ...

2 hours ago, AH173 said:

Was a slight attempt at humor.

ok :D 

Can I answer the church one?

My father's village on the slopes of Mount Etna in Sicily was destroyed in the 1928 eruption. The lava was slowly swallowing up the town, and people had time to take their possessions and escape.

But the priest, carrying the icon for their town church, was holding it up in front of the lava to stop it. And, when it couldn’t stop it, he threw it into the lava and took off. 

So the whole village was destroyed, including the church, and rebuilt 5 kms down the slope by Mussolini, later in the 1930s.

E97ACCBD-666E-473A-BF60-E55F84CAB704.jpeg.38b8d9e7167aaa535b3b422093477e24.jpeg

They've also discovered the oldest basilica from Byzantine times in Sicily under the lava in the same area. Interesting! So yes, churches have been covered by lava from the beginning of time. No coincidence. 

DB7F3291-2E80-400C-9A96-FC9F83D1D404.thumb.png.2c1a774a35fa8a1a53ce98202aa67d8e.png

A magnitude-4.8 earthquake occurred in the early hours of Saturday morning, south-west of Murrayville near the South Australian border.

VicEmergency said the earthquake hit at 3:47am, with magnitude-3.0, 2.8 and 2.6 aftershocks occurring later throughout the morning. The epicentre was around 10 kilometres from the South Australian border, and the earthquake occurred at a depth of around 2km. The State Emergency Service said in a statement that little to no damage had resulted from the earthquake.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-09/victoria-south-australia-border-earthquake/100526556?utm_campaign=abc_news_web&utm_content=link&utm_medium=content_shared&utm_source=abc_news_web

It's not related to the Victorian earthquake in September, just a coincidence.

On 9/30/2021 at 10:39 AM, AH173 said:

The actual disease caused by breathing in volcanic ash is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. It used to be the disease with longest pronunciation, not sure if it still is.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

36 minutes ago, shali said:

The actual disease caused by breathing in volcanic ash is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. It used to be the disease with longest pronunciation, not sure if it still is.

That’s supercalifragilisticexpealidocious!

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”