JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2895 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

People being late

Teeth snapping, like that "tsk" sound when annoyed.

Trying to convince me I'm wrong when the other person knows I'm right

No, that's not it.

:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Excuse me?

Trying to convince me I'm wrong when the other person knows I'm right

Just teasing you by telling you that your pet peeve was wrong.    :peace:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My current pet peeve is getting involved in threads that have nothing to do with me....

Hmmmm, there I go again. ;)

How about when such a thread has yet to mention beards

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

How about when such a thread has yet to mention beards

Well, yes, right, uhhh...let me fix that for you.

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/8050-witness-memes/?p=300027

When my coffee gets cold before I finish watching the new JW Broadcast videos

Brother, you need one of these. it keeps my coffee hot for hours. Sometimes I like to watch the monthly broadcast a couple times. 

http://store.starbucks.com/stainless-steel-dot-tumbler-charcoal-16-fl-oz/011044564,default,pd.html?start=1&navid=drinkware

Out in service when a group of brothers and sisters gather on the footpath and have long animated conversations. So embarrassing and disrespectful really to the work we are doing. I usually walk off and keep working if I can.

A car group including myself stopped for coffee. Since we were deliberately trying not to talk about anyone we met in service, we started getting silly, and I'm sure my giggling was bad, second only to the cobe (who was a punster, and I believe started the yuks.) His wife told us she was had been planning to place a tract with the cashier, but wouldn't after we had gotten so "animated." Point well taken. I have never gathered on a foot path, but will watch out for that. 

Out in service when a group of brothers and sisters gather on the footpath and have long animated conversations. So embarrassing and disrespectful really to the work we are doing. I usually walk off and keep working if I can.

I like that word "footpath". I haven't heard that used in conversation before and had to look it up. A very logical term.

I usually don't Pet Peeves - last time I did one tried to bite me. I have found that peeves don't really make good pets anyway ........

My cat gets peevish when I don't feed her.

Wait...

I thought this was the Peeved Pet thread. Sorry, my bad.... :D

I like that word "footpath". I haven't heard that used in conversation before and had to look it up. A very logical term.

There is another pet peeve, illogical terms.

If flea powder kills fleas, why would I use baby powder on a baby?

In Maine, people had a "door yard," which is whence we witnesses usually approached.   :flowers:

Edited by kejedo

There is another pet peeve, illogical terms.

If flea powder kills fleas, why would I use baby powder on a baby?

The dog powder I use is actually diatomaceous dirt, food grade.  I think the application of this peeves my small dog, but if it helps her, this summer, to ease the flea allergies, it will be worth the ground we walk on.  As I understand it, baby powder is not recommended for babies, but cornstarch powder is okay. I didn't use either when my sons were small. (Didn't need to: cloth diapers and ocd on changing them.)

Edited by kejedo

I guess one of mine would be mentioning or citing a scripture and not quoting it just assuming everyone else either knows it or making them look it up

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

People that read between the lines. They automatically think there is some hidden agenda in everything you say. 

I'm not that complicated, usually a question is just a question, not a hidden gem that is intended to lead you down a path of enlightenment.