JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

US drops"Mother of All Bombs" on Afganistan

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2566 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

34 minutes ago, JudyO said:

Does anyone know if any of our brothers and sisters were affected by this?

There is no way to know this information.  The terrorists that were bombed live a nomadic lifestyle constantly on the move and hiding out in caves.  The bomb was not dropped on a city.  It was dropped in a wilderness area of rugged terrain and cave systems.  

The area is an active war zone.

We have had no official presence in Afghanistan in decades due to government persecution, civil unrest and, now, terrorism.  

2 hours ago, JudyO said:

Does anyone know if any of our brothers and sisters were affected by this?

"We targeted a system of tunnels and caves that ISIS fighters use to move around freely, making it easier for them to target US military advisers and Afghan forces in the area," White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said, using another name for IS.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

He said he's accomplished more in 8 weeks than Obama did in 8 years. Is this always going to be about competition for him?

"If you look at what's happened over the last eight weeks and compare that really to what's happened over the last eight years, you'll see that there's a tremendous difference," Mr Trump told reporters at the White House on Thursday.

'Mother of all bombs': US drops biggest non-nuclear weapon ever used http://ab.co/2nJSYUK - via @abcnews

Yes, I don't remember being this close to a possible war in Asia and the Middle East. Things are different, but I wouldn't say "better".   :eek:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I thought M.O.A.B. was no longer in existence? emoji6.png    ...   good one!

hurry up, his first 100 days is almost up - he's on a roll - who will he bomb next?   ...   third times a charm!

Edited by timpin

The news makes it sound like it will start sometime this weekend or someone will have backed down by then.

We'll know by Monday. Hopefully, this means the Special Public Talk this weekend will go ok everywhere.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

it would be interesting if it will all happen next Wednesday  depending on the time zone - Russian Court first, then North Korea    ...   are they working on those Judgement message tracts yet? 

Angry World - you bet!

Edited by timpin

Interesting facts about North Korea's economy.

Who are North Korea's trading partners?
The CIA World Factbook said China accounted for an estimated 67.2% of North Korea's exports and 61.6% of imports in 2011. South Korea accounted for 19.4% of exports and 20% of imports, while India received an estimated 3.6% of exports and the European Union provided about 4% of imports in 2011.

China has already stopped taking coal and suspended international flights.
Perhaps increased pressure from China will break the "bone"

The war would be terrible for brothers and sisters living in South Korea - I hope Jehovah does not allow it!

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Also terrible for those inJapan, as refugees will begin arriving in little boats on their shores. Some would be genuine refugees, some would be NK soldiers mascarading as them. Similar to Middle Eastern refugee crisis maybe?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-14/us-north-korea-japan-discusses-how-to-evacuate-its-citizens/8445202

Just now, hatcheckgirl said:

Also terrible for those inJapan, as refugees will begin arriving in little boats on their shores. Some would be genuine refugees, some would be NK soldiers mascarading as them. Similar to Middle Eastern refugee crisis maybe?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-14/us-north-korea-japan-discusses-how-to-evacuate-its-citizens/8445202

I think refugees would be the least of the problem Lucy.

The sheer fire-power of North Korea would leave scores of dead in South Korea.

This "hermit" kingdom still has a potent military .. there would be missiles flying both ways...  I say again and pray that Jehovah does not allow this madness.

4 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Some political commentator who is a modern feminist has taken umbrage that it is labelled the MOTHER of all bombs. Men make bombs, not mothers.

.... I think she's sort of missing the big picture here....

This may come in handy, should the offended party of one decide to push it any farther...

https://www.google.com/search?q=butt+hurt&oq=butt+&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l3.6407j0j4&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=-GtrxKDy4LLS7M:

Some political commentator who is a modern feminist has taken umbrage that it is labelled the MOTHER of all bombs. Men make bombs, not mothers.

.... I think she's sort of missing the big picture here....

Don't you worry. Father of all Bombs exists as well :)

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk