JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

I'm having trouble with the app. When I open it, it closes right away. I'm using an iPad Air with iOS 8. Any suggestions to fix this problem?

I have the same issue two days in a row. Both times I have had to uninstall and reinstall. Ios 8 is utterly a wreck of an os. Too many issues and blank screens in all sorts of apps.

Hope it gets solved.

I'm having the same issue on my iPad 4 running iOS 8. Uninstall and reinstall, it works a day or two, then the next time I go in to open, it does so for about two seconds, then closes again. Android tablet has performed without issue since the last JW Library update (with the Insight books), but Apple is clearly having problems - my mom's iPad Mini is having the same issue. Notified them through the feedback on the App store so hopefully an update is in the works. Please loop me in if anyone finds an easy fix.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue on my iPad 4 running iOS 8. Uninstall and reinstall, it works a day or two, then the next time I go in to open, it does so for about two seconds, then closes again. Android tablet has performed without issue since the last JW Library update (with the Insight books), but Apple is clearly having problems - my mom's iPad Mini is having the same issue. Notified them through the feedback on the App store so hopefully an update is in the works. Please loop me in if anyone finds an easy fix.

Just an update . . . JW Library for iPad updated this afternoon with a fix - apparently it was the Daily Text tab that was crashing. Everything seems to be working correctly now.

I have the same issue two days in a row. Both times I have had to uninstall and reinstall. Ios 8 is utterly a wreck of an os. Too many issues and blank screens in all sorts of apps.

Hope it gets solved.

Had same problem !  I had to delete app and reinstall it again .. ois 8 is very flawed ...  I still have another ipad4  with ios 6 and no problems there.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 1 month later...

Now that we have all these great publications at our fingertips in the JW Library app, it really, really makes me anxious for being able to highlight in them and make notes! Sure hope that update comes soon!!!

Maybe December?   ...  or January?   ...  http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/  

Coming Soon
  • Highlight text and make notes as you study.

Edited by timpin

Maybe December?   ...  or January?   ...  http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/  

Coming Soon

This notice is there for a long time ..

It must be coming soon :)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I'm hoping it will prove to be as good as what Matt did with Equipd (I found Equipd to be the Best All-In-One Theocratic Study app for Apple) ...  https://www.facebook.com/equipd.me ... I'm sure a whole Team at the Branch will surprise us All soon (across all platforms) at least that's what I'm hoping!

Maybe December? ... or January? ... http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/

Coming Soon

That notice has been there for almost a year, since the app was released practically so hopefully we are due soon!
Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

• 3 weeks later...

That notice has been there for almost a year, since the app was released practically so hopefully we are due soon!

Would you be happy with a minor update today?

2015 text + new songs

Edited by timpin

For now Tim, I guess it's for Apple devices.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Agreed ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Every time a new publication is added to JW Library, like the new 2015 Examining the Scriptures, there needs to be an update.  What will happen when/if they add the magazines to it. An update every month!  I think JW Library needs a download feature for this, rather than needing updates each time.  Then you can download new ones, and remove old ones when you want.

Yeah and its updated for android. :bouncing:

Note: they didn't update the Bible Teach book in the app. :lol1: Oops.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

This app is in English only?

Correct. This is why so many in the foreign languages used equipd.  http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/7521-equipd/

Hopefully the branch will update the language options soon.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I hate to sound like a idiot...LOL  I'm still trying to get used to my iPad mini.

Do I have to do anything to get the updates.  Do I have to go to iTunes and do anything to get the new info?

None of my friends at the hall have a tablet...so don't really have anyone to ask.  Trial and error !!!

Thanks for your help !!!

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12