JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Suggestions for Tablet to show videos in Ministry

I have not found a tablet I'm happy with that has good sound quality for showing videos at the door in the Ministry. I have bought an external speaker but it can be cumbersome. I would like suggestions for either a tablet (android preferred) or external speaker. Thank You.

There is a rumour that Apple will be releasing a new iPad this month at c. $259.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ipad-refresh-in-march-likely-as-apple-receives-certification-for-new-tablets-in-eurasia.2107004/

A benefit of JWLibrary on iPads is the 4/3 aspect ratio. Most Android tablets being widescreen. For me anyway. :)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

2 hours ago, JayV said:

I have not found a tablet I'm happy with that has good sound quality for showing videos at the door in the Ministry. I have bought an external speaker but it can be cumbersome. I would like suggestions for either a tablet (android preferred) or external speaker. Thank You.

Can you buy Huawei tablets in the US?

My current tablet is a Huawei MediaPad M2 10 inch, and the loadspeakers are really loud and sound quality is quite good too. With this tablet I can show videos at a door and even in the street and they can be heard without problem. Besides, its performance is more than enough for JW Library and every app I use.

There is more recent model, the MediaPad M3, that is quite similar but with better specifications. And regarding price it's in the mid range.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 7:20 AM, carlos said:

Can you buy Huawei tablets in the US?

My current tablet is a Huawei MediaPad M2 10 inch, and the loadspeakers are really loud and sound quality is quite good too. With this tablet I can show videos at a door and even in the street and they can be heard without problem. Besides, its performance is more than enough for JW Library and every app I use.

There is more recent model, the MediaPad M3, that is quite similar but with better specifications. And regarding price it's in the mid range.

Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion. I got the m3 8“ and I am very happy with it.

It will be interesting to hear of any reports of ministry usage with the new (just announced) 9.7” iPad. Just 2 speakers again, and the screen won’t be as good in bright sunlight as the “Pro” model. But it supports the Pencil this time, for those that need it. (Tho’ the Pencil is still overpriced imho.)

I think if I needed a replacement Android tablet I would seriously consider a Huawei model. They seem to make some good stuff.

Edited by ChrisC

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

12 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

One brother here has small Bluetooth wireless battery powered speakers that clip to his belt.
The sound is much louder that the built-in speakers.
Hope this helps.

Older
{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

https://smile.amazon.com/BlackBerry-ACC-52983-001-Mini-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B00ASZ90KS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1522441021&sr=8-3&keywords=blackberry+bluetooth+speaker+portable&dpID=41SEnj3OsgL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

BlackBerry ACC-52983-001 Mini Bluetooth Speaker - Retail Packaging - WhiteFor less than $20 US, even as low as $12 @ Amazon Prime

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.