JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Keto, IF and OMAD...

I've posted this one on Pinterest a while ago but have yet to try it. I'll replace the brown sugar with sukrin gold and soy sauce with aminos. I really need to do this.

https://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/pressure-cooker-mongolian-beef/

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 2 weeks later...

A sister a few weeks ago suggested I check a doctor Berg’s videos about this Keto thing. LOL

i have watched a couple and I thought this one was interesting. We all know there’s the “do this, no don’t do that, do this instead” kinda human mentality. 

There’s the drink 8 glasses a day thinking. Well, I just saw this doctor Berg YouTube video. I guess it does make sense. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Just now, Dove said:

I like this Dr. there’s also a Dr John Bergman that is Very good. He’s on YouTube. 

Okay, I did see a Bergman. I’ll have to check more videos out. 

Thank you. 

1 minute ago, Dove said:

I like this Dr. there’s also a Dr John Bergman that is Very good. He’s on YouTube. 

Okay, I did see a Bergman. I’ll have to check more videos out. 

Thank you. 

I have switched things up a bit. 

I'm doing a 30 day carnivore experiment, which technically should be 0 carb, but am not being as hard core as some people seem to be. For example, I am not giving up my morning coffee, so there is a couple of carbs there and a bit of cream. But that's about that. Other than that, it's protein and water. 

Some people who have done this claim to feel better than ever. Energetic, almost on a high. I need energy, plus it would be nice to kick out the inflammation that is causing my rheumatoid arthritis to flare up. Tomorrow is day 5. I will try to remember to update for anyone that's curious about my results. 😊

I began KETO on Oct. 15th.

In less than three months, I have lost over 32 pounds.

I am hoping to be a lot slimmer and trimmer by the time of our convention, the end of May.:yes:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

29 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

am hoping to be a lot slimmer and trimmer by the time of our convention, the end of May.:yes:

Yay for fitting into smaller dresses, right? So many cuter options in smaller sizes it seems. 

My motivation is inflammation and pain, plus my mental health. I don't feel well and will need medication if this doesn't help.. which I hate taking. The side effects are not pleasant at all. I'm also headed somewhere warm in a few months. My kids will want to spend time on the beach, so I want to enjoy that with them. 

5 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I began KETO on Oct. 15th.

In less than three months, I have lost over 32 pounds.

I am hoping to be a lot slimmer and trimmer by the time of our convention, the end of May.:yes:

OMGoodness I started Keto on the 15th too. I was doing Low Carb before that and an elimination diet for the last year and 9 months before Low Carb. Apparently we're losing about 10-12 pounds a month, I think I'm ok with that.

I've also lost around 30, I'm weighing in tomorrow to see just how much. I'm doing strict Keto, no dairy except a little bit of grated cheddar in my broccoli salad and butter occasionally in my stirfry's (which I eat a LOT of). I feel better since letting go of cream or 1/2 1/2.

Question; do you find you eat the same thing for a period of time? If so what are you eating now? I'm hooked on stirfry. Cabbage, grated carrot, broccoli, cauli, asparagus, bean sprouts & onion. Meats are Cloverdale brand german sausages, mussels and shrimp, thin sliced steak, thin sliced pork loin. Oyster sauce, aminos, teriyaki (very little) garlic, sesame oil, black sesame seed. 

The variations that can be made with the ingredients keep it from becoming boring, which I admit I get often because of my food limitations due to allergies.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

46 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Question; do you find you eat the same thing for a period of time? If so what are you eating now?

Yes.  But not by choice.

We don't have a grocery store nearby, so I don't get salad making ingredients too often.

If I try to stock up, I end up having to throw some out.

I eat fish(cod, salmon, whitefish etc.), ground pork/beef, lots of white albacore tuna,

white cheese (I'm allergic to the orange dye), pecans, lots of chicken, hard-boiled eggs.  

Brocolli, spinach, cauliflower, asparagus, kale, romaine lettuce hearts, celery.

Everything is cooked in butter...except for the celery, nuts and eggs.  

Like you mentioned, there are endless ways prepare the food, so you don't really get bored. 

I use heavy whipping cream in my French Roast coffee.  Drink cider vinegar water and regular water.  

Sometimes I add a dash of lemon or lime or pink Himalayan sea salt to the water.

When I can't eat KETO on the go, I will snack on a Quest bar and nuts.

I mostly eat just one meal a day, at around 3 in the afternoon.

(I carry my own constant fuel supply.:D So I am never really hungry.  )

I just had a grilled pepper jack sandwich on Keto bread.:coffee:  

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

37 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I eat fish(cod, salmon, whitefish etc.), ground pork/beef, lots of white albacore tuna,

white cheese (I'm allergic to the orange dye), pecans, lots of chicken, hard-boiled eggs.  

Brocolli, spinach, cauliflower, asparagus, kale, romaine lettuce hearts, celery.

Everything is cooked in butter...except for the celery, nuts and eggs.  

Like you mentioned, there are endless ways prepare the food, so you don't really get bored. 

I use heavy whipping cream in my French Roast coffee.  Drink cider vinegar water and regular water.  

Sometimes I add a dash of lemon or lime or pink Himalayan sea salt to the water.

When I can't eat KETO on the go, I will snack on a Quest bar and nuts.

I mostly eat just one meal a day, at around 3 in the afternoon.

(I carry my own constant fuel supply.:D So I am never really hungry.  )

I just had a grilled pepper jack sandwich on Keto bread.:coffee:  

I need to eat more fish. Lew doesn't really like it unless its deep fried so that means I have to cook it 2 different ways. Tiring.

I have to agree the egg is my thing I take when on the road. Also egg salad with pork rind dippers. 

I almost prefer the veggies as to opposed salads. Too much lettuce isn't good for me, it won't stay in my body:eek:

I do eat mixed nuts as well. Not too much, they fill me fast. 

I just finished a 21 hour fast. Wasn't bad at all. BUT then again I'll have a hungry day occasionally- do you?

Something else I recently found I like is dill relish. I'll have a burger patty then cover it with relish and mustard. Wow, great.

What about sauerkraut and sausage? A sister taught me to drain it, rinse a little, squeeze then fry in butter. Made all the difference. Nice bite but not too sour.

2 hours ago, Loopy said:

Here’s a video once again from Doctor Berg...about Apple cider vinegar.  I really liked this

I like Dr. Berg and am sold on the health benefits. The problem is that I can't seem to get it down without gagging. Lol 

Anyone have any good trick to get this down?

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

I'll have a hungry day occasionally- do you?

Something else I recently found I like is dill relish. I'll have a burger patty then cover it with relish and mustard. Wow, great.

What about sauerkraut and sausage? A sister taught me to drain it, rinse a little, squeeze then fry in butter. Made all the difference. Nice bite but not too sour.

I have found that on days I have stomach pangs it isn't necessarily because I am hungry.  Sometimes my stomach just hurts.  

Has to do with a botched surgery back in 2000.

LOLOLOL  I love dill pickles!!!  I put tons of them in my tuna and mayo on keto bread!!!   And I do the same with our sauerkraut!!!  Rinse and drain (press) and then add a little chopped onion and fry it in a LOT of butter.  We usually eat Johnsonville Brats with ours. :D

I grate raw cabbage and add it to all my salads.  I love the extra crunch. ^_^

10 minutes ago, Saffron said:

I like Dr. Berg and am sold on the health benefits. The problem is that I can't seem to get it down without gagging. Lol 

Anyone have any good trick to get this down?

Have you tried diluting it in water?  Maybe you could tolerate it if it wasn't so strong?

9 hours ago, Saffron said:

Yay for fitting into smaller dresses, right? So many cuter options in smaller sizes it seems. 

My motivation is inflammation and pain, plus my mental health. I don't feel well and will need medication if this doesn't help.. which I hate taking. The side effects are not pleasant at all. I'm also headed somewhere warm in a few months. My kids will want to spend time on the beach, so I want to enjoy that with them. 

Keep up the good work. So happy for u.👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽💞😘

Welp, I finally ate today about 6 or so. 

Last night’s dinner turned out a flop so I only had the cubed ham the rest was 🤢.

I can’t believe I made it that far. 

Gotta figure out how to limit the protein. I really am not fond of cooked veggies. So maybe I’ll get some cauliflower and broccoli and use my homemade Ranch dressing. Hmmm. 

Cauliflower rice 🤢 Tried that. 🤢

4 hours ago, Loopy said:

Gotta figure out how to limit the protein. I really am not fond of cooked veggies.

Is it a textural thing? I love vegetables! I spread them out on a sheet tray, drizzle with olive oil, season, and roast them for a long time. Maybe 45 minutes or so. They caramelize a bit and taste so good that it's hard to stop eating them. 

3 minutes ago, Saffron said:

Is it a textural thing? I love vegetables! I spread them out on a sheet tray, drizzle with olive oil, season, and roast them for a long time. Maybe 45 minutes or so. They caramelize a bit and taste so good that it's hard to stop eating them. 

Huh! I have no idea. I just never like cooked broccoli. When dad was in the nursing home there was this plop of green stuf& on his tray. Smelt awful. I could only imagine what it tasted like...dad smooshed up his face and that’s all I cared to know. 🤢 LOL

I tried asparagus some time ago. That bombed out.  🔥 About the only thing I really like is green beans-bacon-garlic. 😋 

I've done so many diets in my life. So now I came up with something that works really well for me. I am or maybe was, pre-diabetic and I have osteopenia which is common for anyone over 45. I know that a lot of the problem is sugar it depletes everything in your system it also makes your body so acidic when you need to be more balanced between acidic and alkaline which is about 7.2. anyway so what I've done in the last few months now is stop sugar I cut it down to 97% no sugar everyday. for me that includes fruit because I get the same reactions eating too much fruit that I do with sugar. Anyway a lot of vegetables, proteins, no milk or products with milk in it, as it causes a lot of mucus in my head and lungs, doesn't bother my stomach though.

I've had digestive issues for a few years and found if I stop eating about 6 hours before I go to bed I have no problems with indigestion. 18 hours just liquids, bone broth etc. and sleep of course. Since I stopped, sugar I really don't feel hungry very often at all I have lost 27 lb in 3 months I feel FABULOSO.😁

I'm 5'7" & went from 163 down to one 136. I just My knees feel better and my back feels better.

16 hours ago, Loopy said:

Huh! I have no idea. I just never like cooked broccoli. When dad was in the nursing home there was this plop of green stuf& on his tray. Smelt awful. I could only imagine what it tasted like...dad smooshed up his face and that’s all I cared to know. 🤢 LOL

I tried asparagus some time ago. That bombed out.  🔥 About the only thing I really like is green beans-bacon-garlic. 😋 

Hey Linda, Maybe try lightly steaming the broccoli. Only to the point of being less raw, still has some snap to it. That's how I eat it most times. Or raw in broccoli salad, just found a new recipe with bacon & onion aioli. Yum.

Have you ever tried pan searing your asparagus in sesame oil and fresh garlic?? And again only until it's less raw with a little snap. I'll turn the heat on high, drop them in put on a lid and wait a minute, shake the pan and wait another minute...done. Cooked this for a brother who refused to eat cooked veg because his mom over cooked veg all his young life, but after eating this he and his wife eat it like this all the time. 

29 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Hey Linda, Maybe try lightly steaming the broccoli. Only to the point of being less raw, still has some snap to it. That's how I eat it most times. Or raw in broccoli salad, just found a new recipe with bacon & onion aioli. Yum.

Have you ever tried pan searing your asparagus in sesame oil and fresh garlic?? And again only until it's less raw with a little snap. I'll turn the heat on high, drop them in put on a lid and wait a minute, shake the pan and wait another minute...done. Cooked this for a brother who refused to eat cooked veg because his mom over cooked veg all his young life, but after eating this he and his wife eat it like this all the time. 

Hmmm, I’ll have to remember this.