JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

When the paradise gets here, I hope some of these will be built even in the paradise.  My grandfather, joined when he was 11 years old 1897, and sailed around the world.  I always liked to sail on boats such as these, my oldest brother (who am waiting to be resurrected also) had purchased a 45 '  yacht (he retired from his job) wanted to sail around the world, and when he brought the yacht home and put it in his slip, I went on board.  It was beautiful.  Only once, did I sail out with him prior to him finding out that he had less then 1 year to live.  He took me out on the Chesapeake Bay, he sailed to St. Michael's and around a couple of coves and then (we were out 3 days) he sailed into the Inner Harbor in Baltimore City.  He docked around a slip at the marina that was near this restaurant called "The Rusty Scupper".   That was 18 years ago.  I just love the open waters, I love the sea.  Maybe it's something that I inherited from my family on my mother's side.  They were sailors, and they sailed the majestic sail boats of their time. 

1. Now the picture am inserting is not his yacht.  After he died, it was sold by his son.  This is called Cloud II.   I don't know what it will be called in the paradise, but I love sail ships.  They are the best in my book!  sea_cloud_02.jpg

Edited by Allabord4Jah

Size of Sailboat brother owned

13 hours ago, Musky said:
15 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

When the paradise gets here, I hope some of these will be built even in the paradise.  My grandfather, joined when he was 11 years old 1897, and sailed around the world.  I always liked to sail on boats such as these, my oldest brother (who am waiting to be resurrected also) had purchased a 45 '  yacht (he retired from his job) wanted to sail around the world, and when he brought the yacht home and put it in his slip, I went on board.  It was beautiful.  Only once, did I sail out with him prior to him finding out that he had less then 1 year to live.  He took me out on the Chesapeake Bay, he sailed to St. Michael's and around a couple of coves and then (we were out 3 days) he sailed into the Inner Harbor in Baltimore City.  He docked around a slip at the marina that was near this restaurant called "The Rusty Scupper".   That was 18 years ago.  I just love the open waters, I love the sea.  Maybe it's something that I inherited from my family on my mother's side.  They were sailors, and they sailed the majestic sail boats of their time. 

1. Now the picture am inserting is not his yacht.  After he died, it was sold by his son.  This is called Cloud II.   I don't know what it will be called in the paradise, but I love sail ships.  They are the best in my book!  sea_cloud_02.jpg

Isaiah 60:8 "Who are these that fly along like clouds, Like doves to their dovecotes?"

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Tall ship Sea Cloud. At one time it wasn't so pretty. This is what she looked like during WW2.

Sea Cloud.jpg

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 2016-05-20 at 4:40 PM, Omo_Yeme said:

70572c657064dcb1983ee97475362322.jpg

A brother gave an experience on Sunday morning at RC of fear 'he said' of his sister  She was pulled over doing 100 MPH in a 55 MPH zone. She stuttered to officer Spi  i  i  der on the wind d d  shi  eld.:scared:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Spider on the windshield. :lol:

Hey Greg, that Hawaiian landscape looks beautiful!!   Are you two lovebirds going out to snorkel? Or just wade in the water to get your feet wet? (I visited Oahu in 2011 and I tell you...I didn't want to go back home).  Hawaii is truly an island paradise! 

Edited by Omo_Yeme

On 5/20/2016 at 11:15 PM, Musky said:

popevenom.jpg

I am still laughing at this, days later. Laughing Crack up.gif

I will never be able to view the first Jurassic Park movie again,

without thinking of this image.No grinning.gif

jp_spitter_side.jpg?w=614

Laughing SnickeringDoggy.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I've never grown artichoke before, here's my first one. I have 2 plants that were planted last summer. This year they're about 4 feet tall! And have about 10 fruits on them. Norma shared a great recipe for cooking them so tonight this little baby will be part of dinner.  

artichoke.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

2 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I've never grown artichoke before, here's my first one. I have 2 plants that were planted last summer. This year they're about 4 feet tall! And have about 10 fruits on them. Norma shared a great recipe for cooking them so tonight this little baby will be part of dinner.  

artichoke.jpg

Yummo! Artichokes! I can only imagine how homegrown ones like yours will taste!

Would you like to look at some graffiti? Oh, no, not that kind of graffiti with all those sloppy shriggles written indiscriminately on someone's private wall! This kind has some class, and is drawn with the permission and authorization of the city. So I guess we can't degrade this by calling it graffiti. It's more like a wall mural.

I know it says on my profile that I live in "Somewhere, Canada." But I don't think it's a secret that the "Somewhere" is actually Montreal. This painting is actually drawn on the side of a small three-storey apartment building about a block from where I live, at the corner of Papineau Avenue and Jarry Street East.

2016-05-27_0965.jpg

That's a bus shelter in front of the building, so you can never get a perfect view of it. And I know, it wasn't the best of weather today. In fact, I missed the first drops of rain by just a few seconds. (The things I do for you...) Anyway, just to show you it's real, you can see the same view on Google Maps. This gives you an idea of what they can paint on an empty wall of a building, this one from a different angle.

2016-05-27_0966.jpg

The painting even has the "credits" painted in the bottom left corner (you never see that with graffiti), giving its title "Like a children's game," the authors, and the sponsors of the painting.

2016-05-27_0967.jpg

If we move a little bit east on Jarry Street, just a little past De Lorimier Avenue, we see another such wall mural painted a few years earlier.

2016-05-27_0968.jpg

Wouldn't you know there'd be a lamp post in front of it? Anyway, it can also be seen on Google Maps. This one is called "Broth of cultures."

2016-05-27_0969.jpg

(Click any of the above photos to see the original 16 megapixel version.)

Those two murals are near where I live. However there are many others in the city that I have never seen in person, but I found them on this site. If you play around on that site, you can find a lot more photos and details of both the above murals.