JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

Mammatus Clouds

Mammatus One.jpg

Mammatus Two.jpg

Mammatus Three.jpg

I love them and hate them.Sigh.gif

Love them, because they are so beautiful to behold.WOW big eyes.gif

Hate them, because they are formed when atmospheric conditions are perfect for spawning tornadoes.Tornado.gif    Scared Run Away Run Away.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Here's a picture (no animals or living thing/human) just need someone to recognize what sort of chair this is, and if Chinese, Korean or Japanese? I have a set with a table that is solid Mahogany with 4 dragon feet and eye balls craved from one piece of wood for each leg.  The legs are held in by pegs.  The table looks reddish underneath (original wood), but the middle piece is solid mahogany.   Had (chair) you see fixed by 94 yrd old antique guy who fixes things as such, cost me for 2 pieces of mahogany wood $200.00.  He couldn't tell me what country the chairs came from but did say they are antique.  Need some answers from in here.  The chairs are known as Ladderback Mahogany chairs.  Can't tell you the table, cause I have no idea!

011.JPG

Scientists have an underwater microscope now and it is capturing some beautiful 'beneath the surface'

shots of Jehovah's oceanic creations:

ocean-floor-microscopic-800.jpg

Fluorescent image of the coral Pocillopora damicornis.

By Jules Jaffe, University of California, San Diego; Andrew Mullen, University of California, San Diego, andTali Treibitz, University of Haifa

The Homo sapiens view of our world is all a matter of perspective, and we need to remember that we’re among the larger creatures on Earth. At around 1.7 meters in length, we’re much closer in size to the biggest animals that have ever lived – 30-meter-long blue whales – than the viruses and bacteria that are less than one-millionth our size.

Our relative size and their invisibility to our naked eye makes it easy to forget that there are vastly more of those little guys than us – not just in number, but also in mass and volume. And they’re vital to the health of our planet. For example, every other breath of oxygen you take is courtesy of the photosynthetic bacteria that live in the ocean.

As early microscope pioneer Antony Van Lewenhook discovered approximately 350 years ago, these little “animalcules” are in almost every nook and cranny you can think of on Earth. But until now, we haven’t been able to study most microscopic forms of ocean life in their native marine habitats at sufficient resolution to discern many of their miniature features. This is important, as there are thousands of different millimeter-sized underwater creatures we previously couldn’t study unless they were removed and brought to the lab.

Our new Benthic Underwater Microscope (BUM) changes that. In building our underwater microscopes, we are inspired by oceanographer Victor Smetacek’s question of whether an in situ computerized telemicroscope could “do for microbial ecology what Galileo’s telescope did for astronomy.” Simply put, we hope so. Underwater microscopy can help scientists tackle research questions in new ways. 

http://earthsky.org/earth/new-microscopic-view-of-ocean-floor-creatures

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

7 hours ago, nanceebgd46 said:

A pictures worth a thousand words.:uhhuh:

Yup, I can just hear them now..

"I told you that you would need a bigger umbrella...you are getting your trunk wet...you better not get track water on my floor...is that your new suit......."

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Would you allow your child to sit within 10 feet of this man?

This is the thoughtful response from one (1) of the readers;
"I would gently explain to my children that while it's his absolute
right to do it, I don't approve. 

Then I would let them know, in no uncertain terms, that if I ever
catch THEM wearing brown slacks, blue socks and black shoes,
IN PUBLIC, I'll slap the stupid out of 'em." TEXAS MOM

Blue sox.jpg

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Embroidery, anyone? :huh:

Can't fine an embroidery hoop?

Check the hall closet...

Embroidery Anyone.jpg

Embroidering rackets rather than swinging them, Danielle Clough (previously) uses thick thread to create multi-colored images of aloe and other fauna on vintage tennis rackets, the strings acting as her loom.

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2016/05/new-embroidered-works-on-rackets-shoes-and-fences-by-danielle-clough/

40 --LOVE ^_^

Double rainbow over Chicago

RB Double Rainbow over Chicago.jpg

Chicago had a bout of heavy rain storms yesterday evening and when things started to clear the sky began to glow bright yellow. For a few fleeting moments a pair of rainbows emerged, captured here by Mike Eisenbergwho seemed to be at the perfect vantage point.

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2016/07/a-double-rainbow-over-chicago/

5 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Embroidery, anyone? :huh:

Can't fine an embroidery hoop?

Check the hall closet...

Embroidery Anyone.jpg

40 --LOVE ^_^

I had a tennis racket that looked like that. The racket and the broken flower stem was all the evidence my mother needed to take the racket away from me....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D