JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

11 minutes ago, Musky said:

YF.jpg

From my favorite movie

Most of the cast is dead now, I think that Cloris Leachman and Teri Garr are the only ones still alive.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

13 minutes ago, Musky said:

YF.jpg

From my favorite movie

DISCLAIMER

Do not consider this a recommendation or an invitation to view this movie. I do not recommend or encourage  anyone to view this movie, due to content, language, and possible sexual innuendo. 

That being said this is the funniest movie ever!

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

13 minutes ago, Old said:

DISCLAIMER

Do not consider this a recommendation or an invitation to view this movie. I do not recommend or encourage  anyone to view this movie, due to content, language, and possible sexual innuendo. 

That being said this is the funniest movie ever!

Oh, agreed!!!  I first saw this movie at a drive-in with my mom when I was nine years old (1974).  I loved it then, love it now - have the anniversary edition DVD, can quote most of it by heart... it's so funny!!!!!  "Fronkensteen"!!! :D 

That said... Gene Wilder always seemed to have a kindness about himself that was very appealing.  :wub:  And NO ONE could lose his mind better than he could!  It's like you could see him disintegrate before your eyes! :D  

A Public Service Announcement

Since some individuals may be offended by the movie  YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN, while others may be tempted to to go deep into the internet in hopes of finding an uncensored copy. We are providing the following information as gleaned from Wikipedia. Keep in mind that many question the value of Wikipedia. We leave it to our dear readers to make their own judgement whether this is the funniest movie ever. (Please read the prior disclaimer.) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Frankenstein

"A critical favorite and box office smash, Young Frankenstein ranks No. 28 on Total Filmmagazine's readers' "List of the 50 Greatest Comedy Films of All Time",[4] No. 56 onBravo TV's list of the "100 Funniest Movies",[5] and No. 13 on the American Film Institute's list of the 100 funniest American movies.[6] In 2003, it was deemed "culturally, historically or aesthetically significant" by the United States National Film Preservation Board, and selected for preservation in the Library of Congress National Film Registry.[7] On its 40th anniversary, Brooks considered it by far his finest film as writer-producer (albeit not his funniest film).[8]

Young Frankenstein movie poster.jpg

We should all use 'the reason of a sound mind' when making decisions on what to view or not view, in which case let it be known, you will not find 'the reason of a sound mind' in this movie.

Let the reader use discernment. There are no sound minds in this movie.

(This is an unsolicited review and is not to be taken as an endorsement by the staff of JWtalk.  A possible exception might be Musky)  

The author of this review declines to sign his/her  name.

:)  :) :) :) :) FIVE for Gene Wilder

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 6:21 PM, Stormswift said:
13 hours ago, kejedo said:

I am not trying to quote someone, nevertheless this is coming up as a quote box, sorry. As for cast members of the movie mentioned, I also thought Madeline Kahn is/ was a talented comedienne. She had a short lived TV series.

3 hours ago, kejedo said:

Used to do that to me too, click the blank page in the tool bar above it usually clears it.

I must say, that IS the shortest quote of mine - a miracle! haha.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

49 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Used to do that to me too, click the blank page in the tool bar above it usually clears it.

I must say, that IS the shortest quote of mine - a miracle! haha.

The problem with many of us is we do not have that blank page icon. I am running a Widows 10 laptop and the 5 right icons are missing. Perhaps Pauline has the same problem.

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

"When all else fails place your cursor at the very end of whatever is in the box and let backspace be your friend"

That erases the quote, but not the "Quote header of the unused quote

"1 hour ago, Qapla said: will remain.

The problem stays until that reply is submitted. I have have as many as three  "Quote references from postings I decided not to send. They stay in my response box. Que Sera, sera.

19 hours ago, Old said:

That erases the quote, but not the "Quote header of the unused quote

"1 hour ago, Qapla said: will remain.

The problem stays until that reply is submitted. I have have as many as three  "Quote references from postings I decided not to send. They stay in my response box. Que Sera, sera.

Okay, I just found out how to handle that... how to get rid of those silly quote boxes. At least, it works on my computer. I hope it will work on yours too.

Float your mouse over the quote box, then click on the quote header. Now press the Del key on your keyboard, and the whole quote box will disappear.

(This still doesn't explain why you don't see that little box at the end of your toolbar to erase the entire contents.)

Quotebox.JPG

On 2016-08-29 at 7:58 PM, Hope said:

Oh, agreed!!!  I first saw this movie at a drive-in with my mom when I was nine years old (1974).  I loved it then, love it now - have the anniversary edition DVD, can quote most of it by heart... it's so funny!!!!!  "Fronkensteen"!!! :D 

That said... Gene Wilder always seemed to have a kindness about himself that was very appealing.  :wub:  And NO ONE could lose his mind better than he could!  It's like you could see him disintegrate before your eyes! :D  

I always use a name from the movie " Abbey Normal" :upsidedown:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

My wife asked me to peel apples while I was in my workshop, so I found a way to do it faster.20160903_203537.jpeg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 8/26/2016 at 2:07 PM, Sheep said:

You're kidding! He would never get away with that in Canada. There's a law against using a cell phone while driving (I assume that would include a scooter). There are similar laws in the US. Maybe no accidents happen in India.

Okay, so the law speaks about talking on a cell phone. But wouldn't taking a picture amount to the same thing?

Tell ya wut, most of the world would not bat an eye. I remember we had a perfect way to know when we had overloaded our pickup truck. If the rims hit the pavement, it was too heavy. And the passenger capacity of a motorbike was how many could hang on.

download.jpg

Edited by cmcewen

missed a word