JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

3 hours ago, gayathri said:

. . .

Dilip Took the photo on His scooter( from his  mobile with one hand )while driving.

You're kidding! He would never get away with that in Canada. There's a law against using a cell phone while driving (I assume that would include a scooter). There are similar laws in the US. Maybe no accidents happen in India.

Okay, so the law speaks about talking on a cell phone. But wouldn't taking a picture amount to the same thing?

23 hours ago, Sheep said:

This picture is currently on jw.org's home page. The caption says it's from Idanre, Nigeria.

502014307_univ_pnr_lg.jpg

But look, there's a chicken following the brothers! But don't worry. Once the brothers are done talking to this gentleman, I'm sure they won't leave anyone out from hearing the good news!

The "good news" is that dinner is not far behind. :lol:

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

You're kidding! He would never get away with that in Canada. There's a law against using a cell phone while driving (I assume that would include a scooter). There are similar laws in the US. Maybe no accidents happen in India.

Okay, so the law speaks about talking on a cell phone. But wouldn't taking a picture amount to the same thing?

There are loads of accidents in India, but their driving culture is verrry different to a lot of Western countries, as are their laws, when you live in a Western country where we all drive to the letter of the law (or are meant to) it's easy to presume that every Country has the same laws. They simply don't - even some European Countries have laxer laws than we Western Countries, that is why when travelling it's a good idea to get information about the different cultures in whatever country you are going to and that would include the driving culture. Here in NZ ... I used to work in a Dairy (cornershop) in a high tourist spot - and the number of times we would get American Tourists driving on the other side of the street, was simply dangerous. 

So I'm sure our Brother Dilip didn't violate any local traffic laws at all. I was meant to say too, that countries like South Africa and India - the calibre of vehicles allowed on the road is not the same level as many countries. What would not pass what we call a 'Warrant of Fitness' in NZ, would be considered roadworthy in both of these countries, in fact the degree in South Africa is quite deplorable. 

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 minute ago, rocket said:

The "good news" is that dinner is not far behind. :lol:

Unbranded free range chicken, mmm good. :eat:

Years ago, while working a high dessert territory a single chicken made the mistake crossing the road in front of us. We were  miles from the nearest human inhabitant.  Applying the 'pioneer spirit' to the situation we ate well that night. :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 minutes ago, Old said:

Unbranded free range chicken, mmm good. :eat:

Years ago, while working a high dessert territory a single chicken made the mistake crossing the road in front of us. We were  miles from the nearest human inhabitant.  Applying the 'pioneer spirit' to the situation we ate well that night. :lol:

Haha ... Matt 6:33 ... in some instances you have to make a little effort to obtain the food.

Just a wee gift to you my dear brother (The easiest way to remember desert/dessert is that dessert the sweet, always has a double helping of s's).

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

On 8/26/2016 at 9:18 AM, bohemian said:

I was raised with an outhouse. Once, when left alone, us 3 kids watched a 1958 horror movie called "The Thing That Couldn't Die" scared us soooo bad! MB, Allen, was about 7, had glasses and checked out the "hole" to be sure the head wasn't down there, yup his glasses slipped off. Guess who got tipped upside down to retrieve them? Well only a scare tactic from dad, who then used the pitchfork to dig them out. But Allen had to wash them....gag....

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34