JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

Baatara Gorge Waterfall at Tannourine in Lebanon

three-bridges-cave-baatara-gorge-waterfa

Also called  The Three Bridges Falls

three-bridges-cave-baatara-gorge-waterfa

"...Stop and consider carefully the wonderful works of God."--Job 37:14

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Cleaning up my desktop and found a pic that was supposed to go into the post on

Humorous headstones:

Na na na na.jpg

I graduated HS in 1970, so I really like that one.YES Grinning.gif

Also found a few photos of the highest plateau in South America, that I found fascinating:

Mount Roraima:

Mount-Roraima-South-America 1.jpg

It's usually above the clouds:

Mount-Roraima-South-America 2.jpg

There are funky rock formations on the top of it, and pools of water:

roraima11.jpg

roraima-elefant-large.jpg

roraima.jpg

Sunset views of the top layer of the plateau:

Roraima VI.jpg

Roraima VII.jpg

More info on Mount Roraima

In the three corners region of the Amazon rise formations of incredible strangeness and beauty. Called "tepuis" (mesas), they are sandstone monoliths...

Roraima Tepui, the tallest of the Venezuelan sandstones, reaches nearly 3000 meters above the cloud tops. "Roraima" means, "Mother of Waters" in the language of the Pemon Indians who live in Paratepui and who act as guides for trekking expeditions. The description is apt because several rivers flowing into Brazil, Venezuela and Guyana originate on or near its summit. It was the first of the tepuis to be climbed 100 years ago and was probably the inspiration for Doyle's "The Lost World."

On top of Roraima Tepui is The Crystal Valley, a steep depression containing chunks of quartz in glittering piles. They can be gathered by the handful like crushed ice. The tepuis are distinctive in other respects, as well. Because of their steepness and inaccessibility, the structures have developed unique ecologies that vary from one another and from the overall flora and fauna in the jungles at their feet. Although there are strange creatures living on the tepuis, there are no dinosaurs as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle hoped.

So much of Jehovah's magnificent creation to consider...and so little time, in this system, to stop and consider it.Sigh.gif

But, since Jehovah told Job to do so...I force myself.  YES Grin.GIF

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Animals are able to feel strong emotions towards human beings and show they care in a moving way ; watch these videos :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYHrmg1UU0U - man and she-lion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6rdc0g4Kv4 - woman and macaque monkey

Another falls I've fallen for:

Victoria Falls (Mosi-oa-Tunya)

Livingstone, Southern Province, Zambia
Victoria Falls, Matabeleland North, Zimbabwe  :FAINTT~2303030.GIF

main-falls-victoria-falls-unesco-world-heritage-site-zimbabwe-africa.jpgMain Falls

xVictoria_Falls_470L.jpg.pagespeed.ic.J6Devil's Cataract (Definitely needs renaming.)

Zimbabwe side victoriafallszambia.jpg Zambia side

tom-varley-victoria-falls-zimbabwe.jpg

Victoria Falls is possibly the largest singular waterfall in the world. The falls was also known as Mosi-oa-Tunya, which translates to "the smoke that thunders" in the language of the Kololo Tribe, who were present in the 1800s. Later, David Livingstone, the first European to see the falls, named it in honor of Queen Victoria in 1855. So awestruck was he upon seeing the falls that he described the falls saying "scenes so lovely must have been gazed upon by angels in their flight." 

Victoria Falls is a UNESCO World Heritage site as it boasts some mind boggling dimensions. The falls itself is basically where the mighty Zambezi River drops its entire width (about 1.7km across or just over a mile) over a 108m vertical wall into a narrow gorge. The volume of water over the falls typically ranges between 300-3,000 cubic meters per second. The annual mean volume is said to be just over 1,000 cubic meters per second or 38,000 cubic feet per second or 1 million liters per second.

Victoria Falls has named sections such as the...Devil's Cataract, the Main Falls, Horseshoe Falls, and Rainbow Falls (among others). The named sections are typically segmented or partitioned by islands above the brink of the falls (namely Cataract Island and Livingstone Island). 
http://www.world-of-waterfalls.com/africa-victoria-falls.html#introduction

FAINT315.GIF

Thank you for the pretty pics and info Rosanne.  I traveled to Mosi au tunya in 2012 and stood on the very edge to take dozens of photos and videos with my Nikon. To hear and see the "thunder of the water rushing down" is mind-blowing and conjured up feelings of awe and love for our Creator.  I wish I could upload them here for my online family to see but the files are too large.  I have photos of Hawaiian sunrises and sunsets, as well as funny photos of a giraffe licking the face of its' caretaker at a giraffe orphanage.  (I don't want to upload my pics to social websites only to have them pasted on other websites where others take credit.  (Happened in the past.)

Anyway. I appreciate your uploading these. It brought back nice memories. :dance: