JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

14 minutes ago, Guri said:

That's a big snow. I would not like to live there. 

From Flagstaff, Arizona to  Custer, South Dakota they had a lot of snow this past few days. Denver, Colorado got 40 cm - about 16 inches.

Have been to all 3 places. Kingdom Hall for Custer is just west of western gate to Custer National Park ( where there be Buffalo/Bison - same herd - different critters

from movie Dances With Wolves?  )

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I was chatting with a brother in Colorado the other day - at the time he said it was 20° F and was snowing - it was 95° F here at the time.

It was 100° F today

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, Bek said:

The town of Vorkuta in Russia's north, 25 May: 

Vorkuta.jpg.cb056ca56545d9147045a60eea60dc24.jpg

Nope, nada, nuh uh, can't do it. Would never live in a place where winter goes into April. I want to be in the yard mowing by March. 

I feel for the people who live here. Brrr

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

On 5/12/2019 at 5:19 PM, bagwell1987 said:

My dash.

Can you believe I saw this?? 

171717!!! What's the likelihood of that?

Love white guages. They look so smart. 👌😊

Considering my pick-up is 16 years old I'm surprised I have white gauges! I hope I don't have to buy another vehicle in this system.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Actually sis I was thinking about you folks up there in Michigan as I wrote that! I'm so accustomed to having an early spring that snow in May is unthinkable!

Realistically we had some really hot - 85 degrees plus - weather earlier this month, we all planted seed. But it's been cooler since then. So my veg are slowing down. Grrrrrr!

Hope to get some warmth soon to see growth.....other than the lawn! I have to mow every 5 days. Golly I love mowing, This year I have a bigger mower so it's faster. But soon the lawn will slow down and the garden will pick up, NICE!  

7 hours ago, bohemian said:

IMG_3786.JPG.0c3a09039a56a0898c61c15d75a84cd1.JPG

Steve Biro snapped the image of Bruce the bald eagle at the Canadian Raptor Conservancy.   Article at BBC app on tablet.

Forgot to add. We have a Bruce in our Cong.  MS who moved down from up north. I nicknamed him Bruce the Moose because he is big. Unknown to me at the time, his brothers had called him that many decades ago.

Edited by pnutts

added coment

On 5/27/2019 at 4:24 PM, pnutts said:

From Flagstaff, Arizona to  Custer, South Dakota they had a lot of snow this past few days. Denver, Colorado got 40 cm - about 16 inches.

Have been to all 3 places. Kingdom Hall for Custer is just west of western gate to Custer National Park ( where there be Buffalo/Bison - same herd - different critters

from movie Dances With Wolves?  )

Hmmm...

My grandmother was a Custer, I wonder if I have relatives there...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

My grandmother was a Custer, I wonder if I have relatives there...

I would say Generally there are probably none. :whistling:  However you could drive thru the park when the ( buffalo ) chips are down. :surrender: Give you an idea of the terrain.

Just don't mention your grandmother's name - the natives would not be impressed. They view Custer & Custer National Park as a constant reminder

of injustices against their people that are still going on today. We went there after Wounded Knee.

Spoiler

Forgot - my wife says she is 1/4 Lakota Sioux and you being of the Custer family - might not be a good thing to meet. 🔥

Edited by pnutts

added