JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

My favorite place in San Francisco .... LOL :blues-bros

Less guilt on mini .....

Believe or not, I had a donut today after my lunch, it was very nice btw, soon I got it close to my mouth you came in my mind. :facepalmpo2::lol1:

Edited by Guri

The foreshore only opened a few weeks ago. We have been unable to set up our carts due to the repair works and construction zone since TC Debbie 2 years ago.
Open again (at last) f2d4d4788da9ce41aea970e9e1f15cc9.jpg

Just Older

Wildlife returned as well... a2abeac5767d51183d3d33c7111a6b6e.jpg56a18e9b877a388ee6e84867b01b0557.jpg

Just Older

I forgot to mention the yachts are racing as well...
Many sailors will see our carts this week!!

Hamilton Island Race Week | Australia's Largest Offshore Sailing Regatta

https://www.hamiltonislandraceweek.com.au/334bb64f1687223a3b23bb606810ac56.jpg

Just Older

On 7/28/2019 at 7:51 PM, bagwell1987 said:

I want to do vibrant yellow, red, green, blue and other 'summer' colors. Then I'll do a varathane on top to preserve it. 

Any suggestions as to design are appreciated

If you want to experiment a bit, try this..

If you have sealed or painted the top already, take a dropper and, using several different colors, put a blob of paint on the top. Just make it like a drop, like water drops on glass.

Then get a straw and blow down directly in the center of the blob. What happens is you get a 'splatter' look, a central part with arms radiating out from the middle and they have little blobs on the end of the arms.

I'm not really sure if this will work so well doing it manually, I have done it a couple of times with paint guns running off compressed air. You may not be able to do it with a straw, I was just trying to think of a way to do it without a air compressor and paint gun...

14 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

If you want to experiment a bit, try this..

If you have sealed or painted the top already, take a dropper and, using several different colors, put a blob of paint on the top. Just make it like a drop, like water drops on glass.

Then get a straw and blow down directly in the center of the blob. What happens is you get a 'splatter' look, a central part with arms radiating out from the middle and they have little blobs on the end of the arms.

I'm not really sure if this will work so well doing it manually, I have done it a couple of times with paint guns running off compressed air. You may not be able to do it with a straw, I was just trying to think of a way to do it without a air compressor and paint gun...

Oooh, that sounds good. I might hafta try that. Was thinking along the same lines. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

On 8/8/2019 at 4:25 PM, New World Explorer said:

My favorite place in San Francisco .... LOL :blues-bros

Less guilt on mini .....

In Canada we can get them almost everywhere. They are called "Timbits" at "Tim Horton's 🍩:eat:. Can even get some in the US - usually within an hour of the border.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Just now, Guri said:

Br. Gregg, 

Same here. I love seeing beautiful work of God’s hands. Especially above the clouds from sky high. I love take off and landing process as well. :) 

Yep, I have lots of videos of take off or landing ...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I like taking pictures out of the windows while riding the train  :thumbsup:  I don't fly  :nope:

I tried taking pictures out the windows of the subway ... but they all looked the same :eek:

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

5 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

I think, I am addicted... because whenever I am flying, I always try to book window seat because I like taking aerial  photos while flying :dance:

Ohh, me too! I love it, especially when I'm flying over an area that I'm familiar with. I've seen it from the ground, but from up there it looks very different! It reminds me of Jehovah's viewpoint of things... unobstructed. We are so limited because of things in the way. But He doesn't have those limitations!

5 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Yep, I have lots of videos of take off or landing ...

See my PM.

Nurzat, though disturbing as that pic is, there was another article on that page of photos taken before all the conflict, when Afghanistan was greener and more peaceful. Mind blowing insight and shows, again, why we need Jehovah’s Kingdom to come.

https://www.rferl.org/a/afghanistan-as-it-once-was-the-photographs-of-william-podlich/29222700.html

This is Kabul in the 60s!

4EA016D7-EF40-4565-8A79-6A5269A52170.thumb.jpeg.c6197b0e9fb5cfb271683afd292c17c9.jpegx

29B84D2A-30D4-42A8-B997-C2B5F8CBF383.thumb.jpeg.0262dc64841d8240ea8984bc52edd451.jpeg

A0E9A0BC-1F5C-4D12-9931-EE0D245C46F3.thumb.jpeg.9cd333811afc70a7c58b953a3aacda73.jpeg

763BEC2D-2267-44A1-B69C-EC041A81E81E.jpeg

C9BDE109-6B70-4605-AB76-5FDF7AF21421.jpeg

Yes, Sister Lucy, it was very sad. I could not believe that such things happen in a country that is only a few hundred kilometres from where I am. The endless wars and radical Islam have done their part. :crying:

Thanks for the positive pictures of Afghanistan. It is really hard to believe today that only a few decades ago it was a normal and modern country. By the way, I have just googled Afghanistan in 1960s and it turns out that it prospered when it was under the Soviet Union. Afghanistan suffered disproportionately because of the geopolitical rivalry between the cold war opponents. 

Edited by Hun