JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

Just now, Qapla said:

It would be interesting to see if I used a pic of me when I was in High School and "aged" it, how much would it look like I actually am aged

The BBC has done a report on that today using the pictures of some famous people when they were young and aging them. The result was very close. 

9 hours ago, Hun said:

There is a new app called FaceApp that seems to be taking many parts of the world by storm. Last night, I gave it a shot just our of curiosity. I took a picture of myself from two years ago when I was a bit leaner and applied "woman" effects to it. So below is a rendering of what I would look like if I were a woman. Most effects of the app are amazingly realistic. So here is the female me. :D

Me_as_woman.thumb.jpeg.a1f5022cd6e3dda4ca6f600801625929.jpeg

Call me old fashioned but I find this somewhat offensive. Not dissimilar to cross dressing.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

8 hours ago, Old said:

Call me old fashioned but I find this somewhat offensive. Not dissimilar to cross dressing.

Then you probably don't want to see my sisters new beard and facial tattoos. :lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My brother Brother, Peter, took this pic tonight of the sky over the Upper Peninsula of Michigan USA

IMG_6346.JPG.6eaf8221d509bfc0de11771447d91828.JPG

Storms at sunset are spectacular!

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Didn't like thunderstorm on Saturday, as we were going to get bus to Toronto - flooded front entrance to hall - buses had to use rear entrance.

Same when we came home -another cloud burst - came down in buckets - had to use rear entrance. Was dry in Toronto, however humid & hot

even with breeze off Lake Ontario.

Rumor has it we may lose that hall - the oldest and the smallest hall in London.

We find out city wide changes this coming week - to start Sept 1st/19.

I know our territory is all over the place and now we are up to 13 elders - from a shortage to an abundance. 4 in past year alone.

We have 5 elders and 2 MS in our small apt bdg ( 80 apts about 1/2 witnesses )

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

My haul out of the garden today. Swiss Chard, Kale, Cucumbers and Beet Greens given to the friends this afternoon. The green beans are mine, canning tomorrow. 

There was LOTS of Kale and Chard stuffed in those buckets. Those buckets were shared with 3 families. 

1830834457_7_28.19haul(1531x861).thumb.jpg.60fb392591bcdb5018f9b9bd3ea4863c.jpg

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I'm asking for design help. I'm not an artsy-fartsy person and know very little about design, let alone how to look it up, so I'm asking those who know about 'design'. I'd like to stain the legs of this table a dark brown but the top I'd like to make it a white background and have a design, something not fruit...not people...not flowers kinda thing. I like square and formal style. I want to do vibrant yellow, red, green, blue and other 'summer' colors. Then I'll do a varathane on top to preserve it. 

Any suggestions as to design are appreciated. 

551563766_picnictable(861x1531).thumb.jpg.d0003d4b2da9e012f4dffb333b462caa.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

My haul out of the garden today. Swiss Chard, Kale, Cucumbers and Beet Greens given to the friends this afternoon. The green beans are mine, canning tomorrow. 

There was LOTS of Kale and Chard stuffed in those buckets. Those buckets were shared with 3 families. 

1830834457_7_28.19haul(1531x861).thumb.jpg.60fb392591bcdb5018f9b9bd3ea4863c.jpg

What a green thumb you have, just beautiful, wish I lived near you or had some land of my own to garden like that!

36 minutes ago, 1gemstone said:

What a green thumb you have, just beautiful, wish I lived near you or had some land of my own to garden like that!

In the new system, very quickly in the new system, I hope that Jehovah lets me grow food that will feed those who work so hard to clean the Earth. It will be my way of contributing. The small patch of ground that I have is extremely full of summer squash, winter squash, green beans, beets, kale, Swiss chard, rhubarb, long beans, brussel sprouts, lettuces, blackberries and blueberries. I hope Jehovah lets me grow these for the benefit of the friends.

23 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I'm asking for design help. I'm not an artsy-fartsy person and know very little about design, let alone how to look it up, so I'm asking those who know about 'design'. I'd like to stain the legs of this table a dark brown but the top I'd like to make it a white background and have a design, something not fruit...not people...not flowers kinda thing. I like square and formal style. I want to do vibrant yellow, red, green, blue and other 'summer' colors. Then I'll do a varathane on top to preserve it. 

Any suggestions as to design are appreciated. 

551563766_picnictable(861x1531).thumb.jpg.d0003d4b2da9e012f4dffb333b462caa.jpg

I wish somebody had some kind of suggestions of what to paint on the top. I'm still in a quandary. I thought about using primer and then painting the top and using an eyedropper to just drop droplets of paint on top. And then I thought about taping off some squares. Then I thought about a zigzag pattern. But literally I am at a loss because I'm not very artsy. So I hope in the next couple of days somebody comes up with something to give me a direction to go to.

Paint all the legs and braces gloss black.

Paint each of the tabletop and benchtop boards a different color - gloss finish.

I would use a latex paint to make sure it is compatible with food.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

5 hours ago, pnutts said:

Speckled bright acrylic paint for top. A nice red ( or orange ) with black specs. Will be very shiny and repel water.

That's a good idea, I thought about going with some vibrant summer colors. But then I was reminded how much paint cost. So I went in the back room and dugout leftover paint and stain. I ended up staining the legs and the under boards, it's the stain that I used on my house so it will match. And today I primered the tops of all the seats and the table but that's as far as I've gotten. I have several eye droppers but I'm going to do some testing with a practice board to see how I like the drops of random colors.

5 hours ago, Qapla said:

Paint all the legs and braces gloss black.

Paint each of the tabletop and benchtop boards a different color - gloss finish.

I would use a latex paint to make sure it is compatible with food.

I thought about this one too, the boards each a different color but I think would that would be too much for me, too many colors isn't good for me, so then I thought about just using two different colors and painting each board one of two different colors. Maybe that's what I will do with the seats. I ended up with four benches because the neighbor who made this table gave me a super sweet deal.  

I did get varathane to cover it all over for more durability. Aside from that I'm still at a loss with what to do with the table.

Edited by bagwell1987

20190802_211212.thumb.jpg.f11e309283de70e47e8519c415a1447b.jpg

To my gardener Bro's and Sis's, 

This grew out of an onion while in the refrigerator. What can I do with it? In regards to planting and growing it, how?

Are the stems called shallots?

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

That is a beautiful onion. Most onions that we get from the grocery store will grow other onions. You can use this and chop it up for lots of meals. Then the next time you get an onion cut the bottom off, where the root is, and put that root in the ground and put water on it. It will grow more onions for you. Good going, I love to see this kind of picture. I grow celery and onions from the celery and onions that I buy at the grocery store or organic market. Good job!

Back to FaceApp, this is me aged with some lovely new teeth!

Its amazing. I can see me, dad, and mum in this picture.

9F044883-B986-4FA4-B7FF-F867419FD588.jpeg.3679c679c7bd503e32fdfaee3471efad.jpeg

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

On 8/3/2019 at 12:31 AM, bagwell1987 said:

That is a beautiful onion. Most onions that we get from the grocery store will grow other onions. You can use this and chop it up for lots of meals. Then the next time you get an onion cut the bottom off, where the root is, and put that root in the ground and put water on it. It will grow more onions for you. Good going, I love to see this kind of picture. I grow celery and onions from the celery and onions that I buy at the grocery store or organic market. Good job!

Do you use the same process with the celery?