JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

On 4/8/2020 at 8:04 PM, Bro Richard said:

She's out romaine around....

21 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

Lost dogs are a big issue, this is just the tip of the iceberg....

13 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

My wife said that we cant arugula with the facts....😂

Where did you get your sense of humour? I love it! :lol1:

10 minutes ago, Sheep said:
Where did you get your sense of humour? I love it! 1:

Wiki me thinks... 💭 

(I thought it was a bit wilted myself...) 
[Sorry 🙏 Richie] 
Old (Downunder) Tone

LettuceAlone.jpg

Edited by Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz

Add pic

12 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Where did you get your sense of humour? I love it! :lol1:

Its all in my head...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Coronavirus: Real friends stay six feet apart through sick ...

There’s a guy in Michigan who has a chain of pet stores and he was offering up those like that cone that you’ll have your, like, dog wear so that they won’t like chewing their stitches. They’ve got a really big one that’s for people to wear so that you don’t touch your face. And honestly, I have been so unsuccessful at stopping my face touching habit in this. Like, I know it’s the one thing that will keep me alive and I can’t not touch my face

A nice touch.

Daydream -

Scientists have discovered that daydreaming is an important tool for creativity. It causes a rush of activity in a circuit, which connects different parts of the brain and allows the mind to make new associations.

33 minutes ago, Old said:

Sitting down? 

How else? All of us are delivering talks sitting down, what is strange about that? (this is Zoom meeting)

How you guys are doing in USA? standing up? Do brothers get up  when a brother offers prayer? Do brothers and sisters get up when singing?

Zoom meeting is conducted in a different way. 

To be honest I am confused by your question. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

12 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Good Job, but it's true, you look somehow different, Greg.  I've only ever seen you in a hawaiian shirt out on holidays.  Now you're in uniform! 🤣

Yes clothing and ageing changes a lot  LOL  

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

43 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Do brothers and sisters get up when singing?

Zoom meeting is conducted in a different way. 

For our zoom meetings, the chairman always says from the outset: "Please stand if you are able...

All are seated after the song and prayer, including the chairman and speaker.  Our household stood for the song and prayer for the memorial also. :)

Edited by Omoyeme

3 minutes ago, Omoyeme said:

For our zoom meetings, the chairman always says from the outset: "Please stand if you are able...

All are seated after the song and prayer, including the chairman and speaker.  Our household stood for the song and prayer for the memorial also. :)

Speaker delivering talk standing?

1 hour ago, pnutts said:

New world explorer Greg has hair and not just any hair but dark hair. Didn't someone post pictures of him with suit and tie on top and horid pants for Zoom meetings? 👀

To your disappointment, I was wearing proper pants and shoes :poke: LOL (I have seen too many funny videos of a brother standing up ...in shorts, while on zoom meeting, I said no way this is happening to me :upset: )

6 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

No. The speaker, our COBE, gave his discourse sitting down.

it must be a preference thing...our speaker stood.:shrugs:

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

I should show pictures since this is the Picture thread.... but some of our zoomed speakers stand to give the public talk, some sit down. Our Cobe stood while he gave the memorial talk.

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

16 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

I should show pictures since this is the Picture thread.... but some of our zoomed speakers stand to give the public talk, some sit down. Our Cobe stood while he gave the memorial talk.

I was only kidding when I question sitting, I am surprised it got so much attention.

All that is required to stand for a Zoom meeting is a little preparation, something to raise the camera to eyeball height. I prefer standing when giving a presentation. I stood when chairman at our memorial, I stood for the prayer, I stood when leading into the songs, I stood when I was on camera

Some might consider it a matter of respect, we stand for singing, we stand for prayer, we sit to listen.

Many years ago in the late 50s we would to give a form of our hour talks, reduced to 45 minutes, we called them Parlor Chats. We remained seated for a Parlor Chat, speaking to a very small group of publishers, we were in their parlor. We had parlor chats once a month at each bookstudy location. I really disliked sitting while giving any kind of presentation. It seemed to diminish my authority as presenter.

I can't recall seeing anyone giving a lecture or a presentation in a business or educational setting from a seated position if they were able to stand, think TED.

Currently to sit or stand appears to be a matter of choice.   :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.