JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3153 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/russia-blocks-bibles-20150721/

Russia is banning our website and our literature...seizing our Kingdom Halls

in Ukraine.

Think I'm gonna be praying specifically for our Russian brothers and sisters,

cuz it doesn't look good for them...again. :(  

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Russia has had a continuous record of opposing God's people. At least to the brothers who take the lead in this

country they are not dealing with something that is new to them. At the same time they need our prayers, as

do all of God's people undergoing trial in this system. It makes one appreciate all the more  Bro. Morris' recent seg-

ment on JW Broadcasting. Who is there knowing when it may be us next ?

GStorrs46

This was on JW.ORG News:

JULY 21, 2015
RUSSIA

Customs Officials Block Bibles From Entering Russia

On July 14, 2015, Russian customs officials took an unprecedented step against Jehovah’s Witnesses by denying importation of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, published by the Witnesses in the Russian language. Since March 2015, Russian authorities have stopped all shipments of the Witnesses’ religious publications, even though none of these shipments contained literature that is posted on Russia’s Federal List of Extremist Materials. The blocking of shipments of literature along with the recent ban of their official website, www.jw.org, means that all religious material produced by Jehovah’s Witnesses, whether in print or in electronic format, is now prohibited from entering the country.

I suppose we can't expect anything less from the men who run the gov't, there. They refuse to allow themselves to be humble, thinking they can manipulate things to their advantage. Silly boys have no idea of the forces (as in heavenly), that they are fighting against. 

Just imagine their reaction, when those forces say, "Okay, guys, you have been found guilty."

Now that would make Hollywood, wouldn't it?               :popcorn:      

I appreciate the jw.org website even more. Indeed, tough times are ahead. They might even ban it in the USA closer than we think. The world is rapidly declining all moral & sense.

Jehovah tells “from the beginning the finale, and from long ago the things that have not been done.” (Isaiah 46:9, 10)

Yep, we are closer to the end of Satan's ruler ship.  Even the outside press (though small) reported the hostilities against our brothers/sisters at their convention.    The other "super powers" can't do anything for them, Russia is aggressive and always will be all the way down to the end.  Jehovah will have a great Victory against all the rulers of this planet, the puppet kingdoms will be gone, and will their master.   I know all of us in here have our brothers in our hearts and prays to Jehovah, to help them endure their trials!   I expect some major form of persecution coming against all of us here and wherever we reside in this planet.      Satan's ruler ship has his final curtain at Armagadden! 

:o Oh...my  :( ...Thanks for sharing that article.

We have it so easy here, in the States. -_- 

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I suppose we can't expect anything less from the men who run the gov't, there. ...

... They might even ban it in the USA closer than we think. ...

The difference may be that USA is THE power with  ". . .the feet being partly of iron and partly of molded clay, the kingdom will partly prove to be strong and will partly prove to be fragile." (Daniel 2:42). 

I hope that our friends can continue getting the spiritual information and food through other, more discrete internet links...

I would say that such elements are storing up serious anger and wrath, against them.

" 'On that day, the day when Gog invades the land of Israel,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘my great rage will flare up.' "- Ezekiel 38:18

His rage can come anytime in this wicked system. What happen to USSR? It fall apart! Can this happen to Russia?

Edited by Dustparticle

His rage can come anytime in this wicked system. What happen to USSR? It fall apart! Can this happen to Russia?

:D  It WILL happen to everything that isn't part of Jehovah's organization..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

(((((((((((((Victoria))))))))))))))) <-------cyber hugs are being sent,

and prayers are being said for you, and our other dear brothers and sisters in Russia.  

You are in our thoughts and in our hearts. :(   

"We are criminals now. That makes me sad and a bit scared"

My dear sister, that is only in the eyes of a political organization. You are not a criminal. Hold your head up high. You serve The Most High God, Jehovah. And do not be afraid. That will not be good for you emotionally. You have no reason to be afraid. Jehovah, Christ,and all the angels, as well as some 8 million of your brothers and sisters are all behind you. And, our prayers will be with you. I am not saying this is not serious, but look at it as an opportunity to be loyal to your Heavenly Father.

You can get to us right now. That is good. Stay close to your brothers and sisters in your area. Be obedient to instructions. That is a life line. If that is not possible. Pray. Pray. Pray. As we will. This is but a moment in the scheme of things.

I know Jehovah's organization will be there in ways we do not know. Okay?

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Dear sister Victoria,

This morning I was just reading the sermon on the mount and saw the words in matth 5:11: “Happy are you when people reproach you and persecute you and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against you for my sake.”

'lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against you for my sake' - that's the case now isn't it?

Perhaps the following words will encourage you:w04 11/1

Jesus stated that his followers should consider themselves happy even when people “lyingly say every sort of wicked thing” against them for his sake. (Matthew 5:11)

This was certainly true of the early Christians. When the apostle Paul was detained in Rome, about 59-61 C.E., Jewish leaders there said of Christians: “Truly as regards this sect it is known to us that everywhere it is spoken against.”

(Acts 28:22) Paul and Silas were accused of having “overturned the inhabited earth,” acting “in opposition to the decrees of Caesar.”—Acts 17:6, 7.

Writing of Christians at the time of the Roman Empire, historian K. S. Latourette stated: “The accusations varied. Because they refused to participate in pagan ceremonies the Christians were dubbed atheists. Through their abstention from much of the community life—the pagan festivals, the public amusements . . .—they were derided as haters of the human race. . . . It was said that both sexes met together at night . . . and that promiscuous intercourse followed. . . . The fact that [the Memorial of Christ’s death] was celebrated only in the presence of believers fed the rumours that Christians regularly sacrificed an infant and consumed its blood and flesh.” In addition, because the early Christians refused to practice emperor worship, they were accused of being enemies of the State.

Far from being discouraged by persecution, we are comforted by the thought that we are following in the footsteps of the prophets, the early Christians, and Christ Jesus himself. (1 Peter 2:21) We draw deep satisfaction from the Scriptures, such as the following words of the apostle Peter: “Beloved ones, do not be puzzled at the burning among you, which is happening to you for a trial, as though a strange thing were befalling you. If you are being reproached for the name of Christ, you are happy, because the spirit of glory, even the spirit of God, is resting upon you.” (1 Peter 4:12, 14)

We know from experience that we are able to stand firm under persecution only because Jehovah’s spirit rests upon us and strengthens us.

THE SUPPORT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IS PROOF THAT JEHOVAH’S BLESSING IS UPON US, AND THIS BRINGS US GREAT HAPPINESS. —Psalm 5:12; Philippians 1:27-29."

Thank you so much Ross! We really need your prayers now.

BTW what did you say about seizing KHs?

You are MOST welcome, my dear Sister!   

That was in Ukraine.

JW.ORG Newsroom:

http://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/ukraine/donetsk-luhansk-religious-buildings-seized/

http://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/ukraine/situation-kingdom-halls/