JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

December Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3023 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

They left out the video about the brother escaping from Babylon the Great.  If you look at the video files they are numberd 1, 2, 4, 5, missing 3.

Although his story was repeated and expanded upon in this video released earlier this year.

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/living-bible-principles/leaving-church-finding-god/

I started watching the "Not One Word Has Failed" video, does Joshua have a slight accent? Is that Scottish or Irish?  :lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

As far as I can tell he was voiced by William Malenfant. That's who he sounds like to me anyway

You might be thinking of a different video. This video is a brother playing the part of Joshua, it isn't a voice over.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

attachicon.gifWARNING.gif

Spoiler Alert!!!  Don't read if you haven't already watched the December JWTV Broadcast!!!

(It'll spoil all the spiritual surprises/blessings.)

Some highlights from first viewing:

Five Steps to Finding and Benefiting from Scriptural Treasures (Proverbs 2:1-4)

1-Our life needs to show that we ACCEPT JEHOVAH'S WORD

We need to open the valve on our attitude all the way and keep it 

fully open while studying

2-We need to TREASURE UP JEHOVAH'S WORD AND COMMANDMENTS=

the way wisdom enters into our hearts.

3-We need to MAKE OUR EARS ATTENTIVE TO JEHOVAH'S WISDOM.

Ask yourself: 'How can I apply this information?'  Solomon read but did not 

LISTEN to Jehovah's words.

4-We need to INCLINE OUR HEART TO DISCERNMENT.  The heart

will move us to discern Jehovah's will.  WE NEED TO PRAY FOR JEHOVAH'S

HELP TO DISCERN HIS WILL.

JEHOVAH'S WAY ALWAYS THE BEST WAY!!!

5-We need to KEEP SEEKING AND KEEP SEARCHING if we are to find

the key to unlocking hidden Scriptural treasures.

Prov. 2:5 If we do these things, we will understand the fear of Jehovah=LIFE.

Brother Ryan and The Toilet Cam???? :wacko:  :blink:  ^_^ 

Our dear sister in Panama who lost the use of her arms and legs. :unsure: 

She finds the Scriptures with her tongue and writes better with a pen in

her mouth than I can write with one in my hand.

The new song and video "Joy of Conventions". :headphones: 

"We are brothers we are sisters sons and daughters and more

And I love you even though I've never met you before."  

BEAUTIFUL tribute to the loving unity of our worldwide brotherhood!!! ^_^ 

Plus, the videos from 2014 Regional Conventions are now available for viewing!!! attachicon.gifWoohoo.gif

Truly, another delectable Spiritual feast to be grateful for. :D 

Thank you for the preview, my sister!  I'm of the opinion there is NO WAY to "spoil" any spiritual blessings... (and i don't like surprises)... This has helped me key in on what to listen and look for when I watch the Broadcast.

Cheers!  :)

Thank you for the preview, my sister!  I'm of the opinion there is NO WAY to "spoil" any spiritual blessings... (and i don't like surprises)... This has helped me key in on what to listen and look for when I watch the Broadcast.

Cheers!  :)

Thank God I thought I was the only one who doesn't like "surprises" !

Made me smile when the brother in the section about reaching out used the expression "the friends". That expression never used in the UK, so weird hearing it in a British accent. Although I think that was actually filmed in Holland, the bikes looked very Dutch.

Maybe we will start saying " the friends" here too...

Made me smile when the brother in the section about reaching out used the expression "the friends". That expression never used in the UK, so weird hearing it in a British accent. Although I think that was actually filmed in Holland, the bikes looked very Dutch.

Maybe we will start saying " the friends" here too...

I grew up hearing that, I never thought that it wasn't used in other areas. What do you say??

I grew up hearing that, I never thought that it wasn't used in other areas. What do you say??

I never knew you said it in U.S. Until friends of ours attended the international convention in New Jersey last year and reported it back :lol: Since then I've seen it on here and heard it on the broadcast. We would just say 'the brothers and sisters' or just the 'the brothers' it does make sense to say the friends, I just can't ever see it catching on here, I would feel a bit weird saying it :wacko:

Edited by Peanuts

I never knew you said it in U.S. Until friends of ours attended the international convention in New Jersey last year and reported it back :lol: Since then I've seen it on here and heard it on the broadcast. We would just say 'the brothers and sisters' or just the 'the brothers' it does make sense to say the friends, I just can't ever see it catching on here, I would feel a bit weird saying it :wacko:

Just practice saying it out loud every where you go, it will eventually feel normal, especially when all the friends come to visit you... :)

It's only just started to be used on our area of Australia. But it's always been brothers and sisters.

I don't like "friends" but my husband says it has a scriptural basis and is not exclusive. But makes all feel welcome. I see his point but I like "brothers and sisters".

But that's my problem. Need to readjust.

It's only just started to be used on our area of Australia. But it's always been brothers and sisters.

I don't like "friends" but my husband says it has a scriptural basis and is not exclusive. But makes all feel welcome. I see his point but I like "brothers and sisters".

All of the friends will be happy to help you adjust... :)

Yes, I think I noticed it in a scripture recently. I think it's the 'the' part which sounds odd to my ear. It's just because I'm not accustomed to hearing it I'm sure. It does make sense as often we will say 'the brothers' and that kind of excludes females...

Fiona, do you think it is from hearing it in the broadcast that it's starting to be used in Australia now?

*** it-1 pp. 872-874 Friend ***

… Jesus indicated that only those obeying his commands were his real friends. He demonstrated his love for them by surrendering his soul in their behalf and encouraged them to love one another likewise.—Joh 15:12-14.

First-century Christians referred to fellow believers in general as “friends.” (3Jo 14) Yet this does not rule out one’s being closer to some in the Christian congregation than to others…

Friend of God. Among the divine blessings bestowed upon Abraham was the privilege and honor of being called “Jehovah’s friend.”

Jesus did, in fact, call his disciples his friends, and they were therefore also the friends of his Father. (Joh 15:13-15; 14:21) 

Yes, the audio was recorded separate to the video in this case. At the 2014 conventions, even in some English-speaking localities, not everyone got to see the video recordings. So that meant the drama had to be presented live in a few locations, hence the need for an audio-only version of the drama (fun fact: as far as I am aware, in every English-speaking country they use the same drama recording, so over here in Australia all the Bible characters would have American accents. Been that way for decades lol). Sometimes they use different people to voice characters than to act them, don't ask me why, but it does happen lol

Are we talking about the same video? The one from the 2014 convention? I don't hear any accent.

It sounds like Brother Malenfant to me too.

But it doesn't look like him to me.

That leads me to think...

...that this was a voiceover. In some other parts of the video there seem to be voices out of sync with the lips; that gives it away. I think the voices were recorded in a studio somewhere, not while the characters displayed were playing the parts. (...providing we're speaking of the 2014 convention video...)

If you see the other video Those "Who Are Poor" Will Inherit the Kingdom, we see that Bro Mark Sanderson is the voice whereas the actor is definitely not Bro Sanderson. So it could be the same here. It sounds so similar to Bro Malenfant.

"G'day, Aaron." 

"G'day, Moses."

"We will soon be entering the 39th year of our 40 year walk-about..."

:blink:  :huh: 

Oh.  Right. :D   Just the accent would be Aussie. ^_^  

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

(fun fact: as far as I am aware, in every English-speaking country they use the same drama recording, so over here in Australia all the Bible characters would have American accents. Been that way for decades lol). Sometimes they use different people to voice characters than to act them, don't ask me why, but it does happen lol

I also thought so, but was pleasantly surprised to hear that all the dramas and videos shown in Nairobi, Kenya at the 2015 English convention had 'new' voice overs - local friends - which made it easier to understand, accents and all.