JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

December Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3029 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The end song is beautiful. Anyone with it in mp3 format? Lyrics?

I'm not sure I understand your question. The end song in what? If you're speaking of the video "These Words... Must Be on Your Heart," I don't hear a song at the end of it. If, however, you're referring to song "In My Heart" at the end of the Family Worship video based on "These Words," then yes. I have included an mp3 version of that song in my collection of Original Songs at the request of a brother. Sorry I don't have the lyrics.

I LOVE SABINA!!!

Because if Sabina can do it, we all can!!

That's for sure!

Her smile, attitude and devotion for Jehovah's work is just amazing! Its prove that attitude is the key to deal with life circunstances. :)

The help and confort brothers and sisters of her congregation provide to her is such a good example for us to imitate toward the 'weaks' and all those around who might need some help.

By the way, can someone share the full lyric of this month music video for non-native english speakers like me? ^_^

Thanks!

I'm not sure I understand your question. The end song in what? If you're speaking of the video "These Words... Must Be on Your Heart," I don't hear a song at the end of it. If, however, you're referring to song "In My Heart" at the end of the Family Worship video based on "These Words," then yes. I have included an mp3 version of that song in my collection of Original Songs at the request of a brother. Sorry I don't have the lyrics.

I meant Song at the end of the December broadcast. Thank you for the link ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Or cut video to desired portion ;-) lol (cant wait)

I know what you mean. I'd like to do that too. Unfortunately, the intro to that song starts "under" the voice of Brother Noumair. I personally don't like to cut out that intro. The stand-alone video will not have the voice in the way, but just the music.

I had a similar challenge with the above-mentioned song "In My Heart" at the end of the Family Worship video. The intro starts under a sister's voice. It took a little bit of trickery, but I managed to get rid of the voice and just keep the music.

Very encouraging video I must say.. Made me think, if our sister was able to auxilliary pioneer, hmmmmm why can't I? Definitely hit me there..

Also I love the song in that music video... Even my unbelieving husband regularly watch this video with us, I hope it reach his heart... :)

I also appreciated the morning worship with Brother Splane. It was interesting how he drew attention to Issac and Rebekah's personalities and qualities. The American cultural stereotype of men is strong, less "sentimental",(to use his word). The stereotype of women is a bit fragile and emotional. Bro. Splane brought out that Issac was a sentimental man, who talked about his feelings. He spoke of Rebecca as a smart, strong woman. Sometimes these qualities are viewed in a somewhat negative light, it is encouraging to see this spoken of in a positive way.

I second what Rosanne said. It is definitely the same sister.

We're seeing many brothers and sisters in videos who were also used elsewhere. In just the "True Love" video, there were several, besides this sister. The brother who plays Zack is the same one who played Anton in "The Prodigal Returns." And the sister who played Megan played the part of Anton's girlfriend Jessica in the same video! (Yes, the two of them really are married.) And where have we seen the father of Liz in "True Love"? He played the part of Andre's coach in "Young People Ask—What Will I Do With My Life." Were there any others?

Brother Roman in the "These Words must prove to be in your heart" movie looks like Beriah in the "Walk by Faith not by Sight" movie...

This discussion on using the expression "the friends" is very interesting. I know a bit of Italian, and looked at how it was translated when it came up in the publications. Almost invariably, the word for word translation is "the brothers" (fratelli), not "the friends" (amici). I wonder how other languages translate this? It leads me to believe this is just an American thing, or at least it started there, and is now being used more and more in English speaking countries only. Below are the examples in Italian:

kr chap. 7 pp. 68-77

“The radio work has been a real stimulus to the friends in their canvassing from door to door.”

“L’uso della radio è stato per i fratelli un vero stimolo nella predicazione di porta in porta.”

w14 7/15 pp. 17-22

“She also loves the friends and is very concerned about others.”

“Ama anche i fratelli ed è molto premurosa nei confronti degli altri.”

yb12 pp. 164-255

“We took some time to encourage the friends but finally had to return to Nairobi . . .”

“Ci prendemmo del tempo per incoraggiare i fratelli, ma alla fine dovemmo tornare a Nairobi, . . .”

w12 10/15 p. 32

“Our children, Cody and Larissa, were very touched by the faith and trials of the friends in Russia.”

“i nostri figli, Cody e Larissa, sono rimasti molto colpiti dalle prove affrontate dai fratelli russi”

In Spanish we never use "the friends" either- it was surprising for me to hear it when I visited an English congregation. To me, brothers and sisters mean family and friends are...well...less close than family. But I've heard it often enough now from brothers (or friends) in the English that the connotation of both are now the same!

In Spanish we never use "the friends" either- it was surprising for me to hear it when I visited an English congregation. To me, brothers and sisters mean family and friends are...well...less close than family. But I've heard it often enough now from brothers (or friends) in the English that the connotation of both are now the same!

"The friends" is the term we sometimes use in English when referring to the brothers and sisters in the congregation. Who else could be closer to us than those in the truth? See the last two sentences in 3 John verse 14. It says "friends" in Italian and Spanish too.

Edited by Sheep

That's for sure!

Her smile, attitude and devotion for Jehovah's work is just amazing! Its prove that attitude is the key to deal with life circunstances. :)

The help and confort brothers and sisters of her congregation provide to her is such a good example for us to imitate toward the 'weaks' and all those around who might need some help.

By the way, can someone share the full lyric of this month music video for non-native english speakers like me? ^_^

Thanks!

Sabrina was the all encompassing model witness with disabilities, I appreciated the in depth look into her life, especially since I tend to a husband with disabilities... dare I say the tongue turning page thing disturbed me...she used a pencil for other things why couldn't she have use a short pencil or some other object to turn the pages? Was not prepared to see all that...maybe I have some sort of tongue phobia.

Let the spankings begin! Lol

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

Sabrina was the all encompassing model witness with disabilities, I appreciated the in depth look into her life, especially since I tend to a husband with disabilities...

I loved that interview because of the positive strength it emanated. Sister Sabina must have quite a miserable life, but there was in her no hint of complaint or self pity. Things are what they are, and she has strived to make the most out of them. All during the interview she had that beautiful smile and the way she spoke feels like she's a really positive person, the kind of person you feel happy to be with.

The song from the December broadcast, "Joy of Conventions," has been uploaded to my collection of Original Songs in mp3 format.

To download the entire collection, click Download at the top-left corner. To download just one song, right-click on it and select Download.

Thanks bunchespost-5984-0-38131300-1450738104.gif and bunchespost-5984-0-38131300-1450738104.gif for sharing these new songs with us, Brother Eric!!!post-5984-0-13742700-1450738136.gif

post-5984-0-83990100-1450738155.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Thank you Michael. I was looking at all those videos again and enjoyed all of them. The last one, the new song, is really my favourite. The brothers outdo themselves every time they produce a new original song!

The one I really took note of again was the second link, about Sister Sabina Hernández. She is such an inspiration. Considering that all of us face problems in life, and sometimes we think those problems somehow prevent us from doing more in Jehovah's service, really who are any of us to complain? There's always someone worse off than we are! In all my 30 years in the truth, I think Sabina would be the most limited of everyone I've ever seen. And yet, look at what her imagination has allowed her to come up with: All kinds of ways to serve Jehovah that none of us can ever think of. What an example!

In reviewing that video again, I see something very difficult about Sabina's posture in almost every image. I don't think it's very evident in the images how her body is positioned, but her head is almost always upright, looking straight ahead. How does she do that? Wouldn't that create an incredible strain on the back of her neck? Maybe she's used to it by now, and the muscles in the back of her neck are so strengthened from always positioning her head upright that she just takes it naturally by now. But how would you feel holding your head in that position for such long periods?

I found this on Instagram today (click to enlarge):

post-1993-0-02796800-1450906471_thumb.jp

Edited by Sheep

• 3 weeks later...