JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

1 hour ago, pnutts said:

I remember playing on a pond.  Ice started to crack all around us. Moved to a different spot.

One night, my friend and I were out snowmobiling through the woods.

Suddenly, it sounded like someone was shooting at us.

We soon discovered that it was not the crack of rifles, but the crack

of ice breaking beneath her snow machine.  

We also discovered that the little 'clearing' we 'thought' we had driven into was actually a pond.

We cleared out of that 'clearing' post haste and kept that close call in mind

before going into/onto any future open areas...especially at night.

Snowmobile headlights aren't all that bright.

Come to think of it, neither were we. ^_^ 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 12/25/2016 at 7:18 PM, Miss Mouse said:

For the record those in Western Canada don't drink Timmy's coffee we're snobs that way ..... lol seriously though I really don't like their coffee .... McDonalds is better if you can imagine that .  I don't drink either  ! But if I did.   Just sayin :unsure:

I agree, definitely not worth standing in line for.  I've seen people lined up 30' outside to get in for a coffee, I'd rather just go to a service station a block away and get better coffee 

On 11/19/2018 at 5:09 PM, pnutts said:

Depends how lazy they are in their speech. I know an elder in a different congregation, same hall as me, who is a Newfie from area where my daughter lives - no accent.

Ex-son-in-law  - even his own parents could barely understand him. :shutup:

newfie-word-of-the-day-caesar-salad-i-hope-me-fadder-put-oil-in-da-skidoo-or-hell-caesar-salad.jpg

20 hours ago, pnutts said:

More hockey. Some Canadians are extreme.

Playing in an abandoned mine near Ottawa

They get high from playing hockey in the Rockies

Extreme pond hockey Ottawa mine.jpg

Rockey Mtn Hockey.jpg

That abandoned mine looks super cool, never seen that one before.  Down where I grew up, Molson made a rink on top of the mountain, you could rent a helicopter and have a game on it. The brothers there got together and flew up for a game.  Expensive, but really cool, I'll see if I can find the article on the rink or a picture of it

Would you like to learn something educational about Canada now? Well, we now have a vertical ten dollar bill. Maybe you've never seen one before, maybe you have. But it's a first for us.

https://www.bankofcanada.ca/banknotes/vertical10/

I haven't even seen one yet, so I'm a little bit behind. Now, read the fascinating story about the woman whose photo appears on the front...

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/viola-desmond

9 hours ago, Sheep said:

Would you like to learn something educational about Canada now? Well, we now have a vertical ten dollar bill.

Canadian are such upright people....:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Canadian are such upright people....:whistling:

Thank you.

When I mentioned to one of our elders that we now have a vertical ten dollar bill, he asked me if it would stand up by itself. (Oh well, he's one of those elders who thinks he has a sense of humour.) :mellow:

6 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Thank you.

When I mentioned to one of our elders that we now have a vertical ten dollar bill, he asked me if it would stand up by itself. (Oh well, he's one of those elders who thinks he has a sense of humour.) :mellow:

I think he does.....😊

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

7 hours ago, Naturale said:

I've never met a Moose but I love them :)

Come to think of it I've never met a Canadian either!

Moose are huge creatures. Think of an ugly cow on stilts.

If you hit one with a vehicle - pray your are in a highway semi truck, even then you may get hurt.

Anything smaller and...😬

2 members of the Governing Body were born in Canada, eh!

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: