JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

3 hours ago, rocket said:

I can understand your feelings as I am not one to go shoot Bambi or Bullwinkle either. I also understand that many areas of the world wild game it much healthier to eat than the meat you buy in the store that is packed full of chemicals and antibiotics. Moose meat is low in fat and high in protein. If you have ever been to a slaughter house you will soon appreciate that a hunter if by far more humane in his kill that the commercial slaughter house. I hate the thought of killing any of Jehovah's creation but as long as meat is on the table I will try to understand why some will try to do what they see is best for their families.

Hey, if you are going to eat meat, you might as well get the freshest meat available.  Jehovah allows humans to eat meat, so that means some animals must die.  Wild animal is suppose to taste better and you don't have to worry about what all was added to it after it was processed.  Now, for me, I am a vegetarian, but, I have raised two beautiful men who love to hunt.  It is not cheap to hunt, you have to buy guns, ammo, permits, appropriate clothing, etc.  That all adds up.  So, I am glad they get fresh meat to eat while they are outside to recover some of the cost of hunting.  Animals aren't made to live forever.

I love that people hunt.  Just think of the overloaded ecosystem if the animals were not controlled.  

Just now, Jnutcurl said:

Hey, if you are going to eat meat, you might as well get the freshest meat available.  Jehovah allows humans to eat meat, so that means some animals must die.  Wild animal is suppose to taste better and you don't have to worry about what all was added to it after it was processed.  Now, for me, I am a vegetarian, but, I have raised two beautiful men who love to hunt.  It is not cheap to hunt, you have to buy guns, ammo, permits, appropriate clothing, etc.  That all adds up.  So, I am glad they get fresh meat to eat while they are outside to recover some of the cost of hunting.  Animals aren't made to live forever.

I love that people hunt.  Just think of the overloaded ecosystem if the animals were not controlled.  

Sorry, I just saw this was about Canada and not the United States.  That doesn't change my opinion about hunting being a great resource for people that eat meat.  But, I am thinking maybe Canada may have different rules and regulations.  Sorry if I misunderstood anyone.  

20 hours ago, Jnutcurl said:

Sorry, I just saw this was about Canada and not the United States.  That doesn't change my opinion about hunting being a great resource for people that eat meat.  But, I am thinking maybe Canada may have different rules and regulations.  Sorry if I misunderstood anyone.  

It's not too much different here, regulations change from area to area.  Up North some animals are open season instead of limited entry like in the southern part of the province, so it varies. One big difference here is we can't carry pistols when hunting, which sucks.   We have to buy a license and tags for whatever we're hunting.  Fish & wildlife has done big deer culls to control population and disease, which is sad.  

I heard it explained this way, after the flood it's mans responsibility to manage animals.  It's too bad imperfect man isn't doing a good job of it, but it's still our responsibility.  Something I've seen first hand is wild predator populations getting too big.  There's no natural predators of wolves, they get overpopulated and wipe out absolutely everything, then move to another are and do it all over again. They need to be hunted, as well as bears. Around here there are bears everywhere. A friend loves black bear, I'm thinking of starting to hunt them, since I see them pretty much every time I'm out

20 minutes ago, Mountain man said:

It's not too much different here, regulations change from area to area.  Up North some animals are open season instead of limited entry like in the southern part of the province, so it varies. One big difference here is we can't carry pistols when hunting, which sucks.   We have to buy a license and tags for whatever we're hunting.  Fish & wildlife has done big deer culls to control population and disease, which is sad.  

I heard it explained this way, after the flood it's mans responsibility to manage animals.  It's too bad imperfect man isn't doing a good job of it, but it's still our responsibility.  Something I've seen first hand is wild predator populations getting too big.  There's no natural predators of wolves, they get overpopulated and wipe out absolutely everything, then move to another are and do it all over again. They need to be hunted, as well as bears. Around here there are bears everywhere. A friend loves black bear, I'm thinking of starting to hunt them, since I see them pretty much every time I'm out

Why would you want to get involved in that?

3 hours ago, Mountain man said:

A friend loves black bear, I'm thinking of starting to hunt them, since I see them pretty much every time I'm out

Don't forget to age the meat for about 4 weeks.

I understand from some natives that hunted bear in Henvey Indian reserve north of Parry Sound, ON

that it can cause bad stomach problems if not aged.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

1 minute ago, pnutts said:

I understand from some natives that hunted bear in Henvey Indian reserve north of Parry Sound, ON

Unbearable eh?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Mountain man said:

Mountain man, can you hunt all the bear and wolf before they migrate down here.  :)  I would hate  to have to learn to eat bear/wolf.  LOL.  

10 minutes ago, pnutts said:

There are bear in south Missouri. Saw a warning sign south south west of West Plains at a park.

Alright Canadians,  you all must hunt more.  🤣 We have bears in Kentucky too (or so they say).  But, I sure would hate to walk up on a moose or a bear.  

15 hours ago, pnutts said:

Really?  I've never heard of that. Interesting.  We never bother. I know some that hang wild meat for 10 days or so, but it's a waste of time since the wild meat doesn't have the same enzyme that beef has, doesn't need to be aged.  Usually cut & package as soon as we can, that way it doesn't get that dry layer on the outside and need to be trimmed off. Learned that from a European butcher

Yup. Bear meat needs to be aged. There is something in it that causes diarrhea if not aged. I no longer live in bear country

and the native return visits have died.

Now back to the show- err funny Canadjan, eh

signs of Cabin Fever. 🤯

cabin fever.jpg

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

54 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Yup. Bear meat needs to be aged. There is something in it that causes diarrhea if not aged. I no longer live in bear country

and the native return visits have died.

🤯

I've never had a problem with "Unaged"  bear meat, don't think I'll be hanging it for that long, just a chance for it to dry out and get moldy