JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

We finally got hit with the winter weather. Got snow on Sunday/Monday, been in the 20's and low 30's since and now calling for 4-8 inches of snow over the weekend. 😡, I'm in planting mode not shoveling mode.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

5 hours ago, Loopy said:

Sorry for the continual weather updates.....but here we go again. Another winter storm warning.

Ross and I are in the yellow area

And you live there by choice? Must have great Springs and Summers. LOL:lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

8 hours ago, Old said:

And you live there by choice? Must have great Springs and Summers. LOL:lol:

Well, no hurricanes, no earthquakes (yet) only had 1 or 2 tornados 🌪 to my knowledge. 

Spring and summer? You just have to dress for all kinds of weather. :lol1:

But this sure has been the strangest winter. 🥴

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

A friend escaped from Wisconsin in the nick of time. Her husband delayed too long and is mired in deep snow. Here is the picture she posted on Facebook to let all know she is safe in paradise. No! not that paradise, our local version!

Image may contain: tree, outdoor and nature

The bench sits at the edge of our property in a park area.

Down the road abit:

Image may contain: sky, bridge, plant, tree, cloud, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: tree, sky, plant, outdoor and nature

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

That's what I heard too Lynn, I'm glad my circuit assembly is not this weekend or next weekend. I've made the drive from here to the assembly hall pushing snow with my bumper on I-5! Soon as we got to the assembly hall they canceled the program and I had to make the 3 hour drive back home! Do you remember John Palmrose? He was a truck driver and he was in the car ahead of me and he kept taunting me you can do it you can do it as my Volkswagen is pushing the snow up over my hood. Naughty man

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

My Brother Tom lives just outside of Seattle in Renton, Washington.  He has eight inches of snow in his backyard and the extreme weather shows no sign of letting up.:unsure:

Their grocery store shelves are bare and restaurants are suffering financial loss because nobody can get out to eat.

16013.thumb.jpeg.46f613bac5f7645e0a23cb4cb6d14c55.jpeg

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

spellwreck

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Cheryl (Bagwell1987) looks like so far you are just south of the winter storm warning ⚠️

My brother and Ross’ brother are right in the middle of it. Huh! Probably thought leaving Michigan would spare him from Ol’ Man Winter.🤪🤪🤪🤪

10747309-C38B-4A10-AB39-1BEC664A95A2.jpeg

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

My son lives near Puyallup and he has 12 in of snow. Lots and lots of snow up there. So far we still have snow on the ground but nowhere near what everybody else has. Being on the ocean helps a little bit I guess. I just looked at the weather forecast and it looks like we should be getting more snow by Tuesday. It's the ice that really bothers me. Because it's so wet there is black ice on the pavement quite a bit. There was this morning. When I got out of my truck to go to work I had to be really careful I would have slipped and fell on my butt.

2 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

My son lives near Puyallup and he has 12 in of snow. Lots and lots of snow up there. So far we still have snow on the ground but nowhere near what everybody else has. Being on the ocean helps a little bit I guess. I just looked at the weather forecast and it looks like we should be getting more snow by Tuesday. It's the ice that really bothers me. Because it's so wet there is black ice on the pavement quite a bit. There was this morning. When I got out of my truck to go to work I had to be really careful I would have slipped and fell on my butt.

Black ice is the worst...

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

40 minutes ago, Dove said:

Black ice is the worst...

Really it is. Driving to work at 6 am I could see the glistening of the ice on the road in front of me and I was really careful. I just drove straight ahead and did not touch my brakes. In the parking lot of my first job  I was  spinning out  and when I got out  I had to be very very careful because I could have slipped and Fallen because there was so much ice . I know that's not black ice but by tomorrow morning it's supposed to be black ice. They are talking about calling off the meeting tomorrow, we'll see.

5 hours ago, Loopy said:

And it’s about to get deeper.

Here we go.....yet again!!!!!!

62E9F214-29EF-4675-ACF6-36EECB60913F.jpeg

Noooooooooooo!!!!

964589003_Cryhissyfit.gif.64b77ef926c32d769bb9ca8b3f37a553.gif

Say it isn't so, Ethel!!!!!317063316_cry6.GIF.8b51cd9f2344b3cdcc550e6998b4570b.GIF

We have our LDC meeting tomorrow night!!!!

I have to get my three cases of water to the hall!!!!

We have over fifty brothers and sisters coming!!!

It CANNOT POSSIBLY storm on our plans!!!!!!585620615_Cryweeping.gif.63b84914a25ce547c8f0cd05f0cd21d6.gif

If the storm does come, I hope they cancel our special meeting

and Saturday's meal in time. :unsure:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

We have had a lot of rain recently. And now last night it got down below freezing so our parking lot at the Kingdom Hall is a skating rink. We have a row of trees on the south side of the parking lot that prevents the Sun from doing much thawing so our meeting was called off this morning due to Black Ice.

21 minutes ago, tuntun said:

in tropical country like Indonesia we have only 2 seasons: rainy season and dry season.

i wish one day i could see snow and play snowman with my nieces.

I completely understand what you mean. We have temperate temperatures here it varies very little. I would like to experience a dry hot summer and then a snowy cold winter. But only in perfect conditions where I don't have to go to work in the winter when it's snowing. I can stay home and make lots of food and have lots of friends over to eat that food. And in the summer when it's hot and warm and dry I can have friends over to have cool refreshing drinks and fresh food.