JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's the Weather like where you live?

Well, our winter storm warning has been extended to Thursday morning. 

I’m going to have to message my spiritual mom and tell her she may have to postpone her 8:30 appointment for that morning.

I’d have to be on the road a little before 6 am to get there by 7ish. (Mom’s never ready) so we can leave by 7:30 or so. 

Yep, gotta do that. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Actually we’ve had sunshine majority of the morning. It’s still quite chilly. Brrrrr!!!!!

Still waiting to see what’s gonna happen.

32? Wow! That would be a heatwave here. LOL 

They’re saying supposed to get up to or close to 30 here by Sunday. Than go back downward starting Monday. ☹️☹️☹️

Till the garden? Have to dig out a lot of snow just to find the ground here. :lol1:

Edited by Loopy

We had rain all day Sunday - and into Monday morning.

It only got up to the low 70's (21-24 C) the past couple days ... and currently it is down to 60 (15.5 C)

It is supposed to get down to 32 (0 C) tonight long enough plants could be at risk and only up to 54 (12 C) for the next couple days ... then the rains may be back for the weekend :(

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Well, our meeting tonight and meeting for service tomorrow had been cancelled. 

I think the closing of the state highway that runs east and west is what did it. 

Wednesday is usually my long service day, but I think tomorrow's service meeting will probably be cancelled. Snowed all day. Only walked my little dog one time. Meteorologists  say we are entering a deep freeze that breaks 30 plus year record in this area, going to 10 or 20 below. I may have motioned this before, but when I lived in Maine I had to go to work when it was 40 below. I just can't remember if it was Fahrenheit or Celsius.  Having a bout of Tortuga syndrome.

Edited by kejedo

44 minutes ago, kejedo said:

40 below. I just can't remember if it was Fahrenheit or Celsius

They are the same at -40.

I remember those days in early 90's when I lived up north in Cottage country. -40 in town next to the harbor. Much colder away from Georgian Bay.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

3 hours ago, Old said:

Yeah, had to go out and buy a new lawn mower, something I hadn't planned to do until next spring.

I hear you. We had to buy another one as well. Sheesh, not in the plan. But makes mowing faster, we have almost 2 acres.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

8 minutes ago, rocket said:

100.4 F is our occasional July weather. We never have more than a day or two of extreme temp.

Unfortunately, we have experienced those temperatures we quite often in January .... I fear February (known to be very hot month in Melbourne)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Up north in the tropics the wet season has hit with a vengeance. Some century high records broken.
We have had 5" today and 5" yesterday.

More rain on the way. Not easy to get out in the field unless we can use a boat

https://amp.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/weather/bruce-highway-remains-cut-in-multiple-places-in-states-north/news-story/2d6b8f6e04eea90bbdfe151fffee465c#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

Just Older