JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

I saw a recent post asking about what was updated in the BE book?
And just now I went to JW Library to see about any updates, and there were many!
BE Book
Come be my follower
OD Book
Several Tracts
Imitate Book
Jesus-The Way
Bible Teach
Jeremiah
God's Kingdom Rules
Several Brochures
Keep Yourselves in God's Love

I wonder if these updates are about something that is in common with all of the books since so many are receiving updates at the same time? Like for example something in the initial pages or maybe a certain scripture that is contained in all these books?
Any ideas?

I dont have the updates on be book from yesterday bro neil :) only the bible teach simplified :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

5 hours ago, jayrtom said:

But before you pushed the screen down and it forced the update 

That still work on my Android. I can swipe down and it refreshes...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Hi Sis Alexa :)

You said,  "I dont have the updates on be book from yesterday bro neil :) only the bible teach simplified"

Maybe you already had your BE book updated? Someone asked what was in the new update for this BE book sometime last week I believe, so maybe your BE book was updated then? I just noticed mine this week.

What about all those other books and brochures that I listed, did you have updates for those?

If not, it could be that I am just a slow turtle, I hadn't updated in a while so maybe that is why I had so many publications needing updates, whereas you are a fast rabbit and update often! :D

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

I was hoping for the stream audio ability like my Windows 10 tablet has for publications for android. At the moment Android doesn't have that feature. 

Bummer. Maybe Android will get it later. 

640 mp image.jpg

Edited by AH173

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 hours ago, AH173 said:

I was hoping for the stream audio ability like my Windows 10 tablet has for publications for android. At the moment Android doesn't have that feature. 

640 mp image.jpg

Yes, I noticed that too. It looks like I'll be using JWReader for a while longer.

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/8831-jwreader-app/?do=findComment&comment=413050

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Hi Sis Alexa 
You said,  "I dont have the updates on be book from yesterday bro neil  only the bible teach simplified"
Maybe you already had your BE book updated? Someone asked what was in the new update for this BE book sometime last week I believe, so maybe your BE book was updated then? I just noticed mine this week.
What about all those other books and brochures that I listed, did you have updates for those?
If not, it could be that I am just a slow turtle, I hadn't updated in a while so maybe that is why I had so many publications needing updates, whereas you are a fast rabbit and update often! default_biggrin.png

Yes I updated them brother neil, sorry about that :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

The 8.1 update came rather quickly after 8.0, so I suppose Android shouldn't have to wait for too long. It's a great feature.

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

11 hours ago, AH173 said:

640 mp image.jpg

You can go to media section  but it only downloads instead of stream, at least that's what my android tablet and phone  does.

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

4 hours ago, loving life said:

You can go to media section  but it only downloads instead of stream, at least that's what my android tablet and phone  does.

Oh, how do I listen to a Bible chapter or a magazine articl?  I  can't seem to find that feature.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

9 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Oh, how do I listen to a Bible chapter or a magazine articl?  I  can't seem to find that feature.

I can't find that feature on android either. On IOS (IPad) there is a Play icon at the top of the page you are reading. Push the Play icon and it starts streaming.

Edited by mserskine

15 minutes ago, mserskine said:

I can't find that feature on android either. On IOS (IPad) there is a Play icon at the top of the page you are reading. Push the Play icon and it starts streaming.

There isn't an option in Settings to stream over cellular on the Android, there is the option on my Windows version.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 hours ago, loving life said:

That doesn't work for Android devices. There is no audio for the 2013 Bible or magazine or any other publications that's available on jw.org. It hopefully will be a future update. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible