JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

3 hours ago, Jf800 said:

"In the future, a feature will be added to display still pictures used in Watchtower study articles and in the Life and Ministry Meeting Workbook. Also, a digital banner of the yeartext will be available in JW Library. "

Does that mean that when the meetings are over and all the equipment is off there'll be no yeartext till the next meeting? Just a plain wall? I would sure miss the ever-changing multi-langual yeartext designs.

I however appreciate having all images on the screen. At last week's midweek meeting, the brother with the first talk made us "raise our eyes and see" amazing galaxy/nebula pictures. I appreciated the research.

2 hours ago, Skye said:

Does that mean that when the meetings are over and all the equipment is off there'll be no yeartext till the next meeting? Just a plain wall? I would sure miss the ever-changing multi-langual yeartext designs.

"The digital yeartext should be displayed before the opening song, after the concluding prayer, and during the meeting when nothing else is being shown on the screens. This may eliminate the need to purchase signage to display the yeartext. For Kingdom Halls that have a video dis-play in the center of the stage, it may be more practical to continue to display the yeartext with a physical sign.c"

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

Does anyone know whether or not we will still be given the ability to make electronic notes on Android devices?:lol:

This is still on JW.ORG

JWL.JPG.2c528c90c8289e6d7eea001ba9150964.JPG

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 3/26/2017 at 9:33 PM, jscotchie said:

Still waiting for the promised update that includes artwork and the yeartext to display during the meeting... :whistling:

Yeah me too!  We are getting ready to have a sound/video review by the LDC, we need to almost start over as we are using a mac and some of our sound equipment is dying.  That and we need to start all over with a new sound booth desk.  The one we have now is a cubby that is covered by a top.  Not practical for using a laptop or mouse.  I can't wait! :)  Its dark and narrow and was actually tweaked from another cabinet from the last remodel back in 2004.  Its time to get with the program.  

Recovery of the audio-video materials on SDCard (retrieval of the root folder) after resetting the tablet. We still cannot do that is it? Gotta remove everything from the card and download everything again through the application? 

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

14 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Like awaiting April the Giraffe to give birth? emoji23.png
I'm sorry..... I didn't see your post... I'm getting old, Old! emoji23.png

• It happens. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

5 hours ago, Luis said:

Of course, there are far more important things to tend to than my app-wants

Perhaps one of the things that has delayed the note taking is all the effort they are putting into the Windows app so that all the features needed for the meeting will be available SOON.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

15 hours ago, Old said:

Or watching a giraffe give birth. :popcorn:

I'm wandering what will happen first... The ability to take notes on JWLibrary or me being allowed to grow a beard in my congregation :)

11 hours ago, Qapla said:

Perhaps one of the things that has delayed the note taking is all the effort they are putting into the Windows app so that all the features needed for the meeting will be available SOON.

Per other comments already atated the notes feature is already available. Its not on the app because of lack of authorization from a company owner of a proprietary software that is used on the implementation... or something like that...

For example, if we go to the configurations page we can see other software used but as open code...

13 hours ago, Qapla said:

Yes.  Like waiting for our Spanish revised Bible was so difficult until I found out how many of our brothers and sisters don't even have ANY version of the NWT!  By all means, then, I can wait!

50 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

I'm wandering what will happen first... The ability to take notes on JWLibrary or me being allowed to grow a beard in my congregation :)

Per other comments already atated the notes feature is already available. Its not on the app because of lack of authorization from a company owner of a proprietary software that is used on the implementation... or something like that...

For example, if we go to the configurations page we can see other software used but as open code...

Which configurations page are you referring to?  

1 hour ago, Luis said:

Yes.  Like waiting for our Spanish revised Bible was so difficult until I found out how many of our brothers and sisters don't even have ANY version of the NWT!  By all means, then, I can wait!

There is Settings/JWLibrary/ ... on iOS.

Not sure.

Edited by ChrisTheConfused

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

4 hours ago, Luis said:

On the menu, just above the help

Then press bellow "legal" 

33 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

On the menu, just above the help

Then press bellow "legal" 

What OS are you discussing?

I find nothing of that nature on IOS.

Only help is online thru JW.org. 

What menu?

"Legal" not displayed.

Nothing like what you describe in Ipad settings.

I need some big help here.

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

18 minutes ago, Old said:

What OS are you discussing?

I find nothing of that nature on IOS.

Only help is online thru JW.org. 

What menu?

"Legal" not displayed.

Nothing like what you describe in Ipad settings.

I need some big help here.

It's in portuguese but I hope you get the idea... I'm on android

20170406_224200.thumb.jpg.cc4f6317751e1c0de7999e221624b5c1.jpg20170406_224127.thumb.jpg.43c91e3f636779c7537a20eb43901177.jpg

Thank you Jaytrom.

Probably we should always note our OS when discussing JWLibrary. I had checked my Ipad, nothing there. Then I checked my PC, nothing there.  I should have gotten off my duff and checked mt Android phone. Was too lazy at the time. When I did my display did agreed with yours.  :D

• 2 weeks later...