JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting December 2017 edition

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2313 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Brother Breaux's talk was great. Those two experiences were great. The brother was humble enough to recognize that his work on the assembly hall committee did not define his worth to Jehovah and he humbly accepted the change in assignment. The scary district overseer was touching as well. I'm sure we've all come across brothers and sisters that can be intimidating but it shows us that they may have a whole different side to them that we may not know about. 

14 hours ago, 1gemstone said:

I enjoyed all the talks, they were very encouraging, I hope you will watch.

Thanks for this.

I initially felt a little disappointment myself because we did not get a traditional JWB. But, like Splane stated in the talk "Decisions of the Governing Body", we have to be able to look beyond our own back yards and realize that some changes are for the benefit of the entire brotherhood as a whole, or those not as fortunate as we are.

I really enjoyed some of the sayings I picked up on: "don't complain about the thorns on a flower bush, but be happy there are flowers on the thornbush", and the tuning fork analogy that helps us be more empathetic to feel the pain of our fellow worshippers and listen to them.

A TON a good gems from those talks!

10 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

Although I get the impression we would not get the whole complete AM program :(  Hope we did miss out too much.  With this month it seems like they are just cutting the songs and announcements, getting straight into the talks.  I don't want to miss any parts of the AM.

I think we are probably jumping to conclusions here. Numair did mention that the other parts of the GG will be uploaded Monday, and he did say that the JWB's will contain the spiritual portions (Talks) of the GG and AM, and the rest will be uploaded during the month. We will get the entirety of those programs, but not in the traditional way we've been used to.  

Except for twice I hear, I anticipate we will get the normal JWB editions in full.

Edited by Bob

1 minute ago, Bob said:

I think we are probably jumping to conclusions here. Numair did mention that the other parts of the GG will be uploaded Monday, and he did say that the JWB's will contain the spiritual portions (Talks) and the rest will be uploaded during the month. Except for twice I hear, I anticipate we will get the normal JWB in full.

Three times.  There are 2 Gilead Graduations a year plus the AM.

1 minute ago, Omoyeme said:

I understand the reasoning behind their decision, but in past Gilead graduations I was made to feel "I was there" by the singing of the opening and closing songs. 

But how much extra translating would that take.  Some of the brothers in other lands do not even have those songs yet....????...:sunshine:

The experience about the brother's wife needing surgery the next day was so sad,  but he faithfully carried on, although with a heavy heart and tears. :crying:

Would anyone would know how she is doing?

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

On 12/4/2017 at 2:06 PM, Good-O said:

I loved the program for December.  Encouraging and upbuilding!  Be a Rizpah!

It would be nice if someone would start a "Rizpah...application for scenarios in our day" thread in the comfort forum. I am not the one, but I would participate.. :coffee:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Just now, SUNRAY said:

It would be nice if someone would start a "Rizpah...application for scenarios in our day" thread in the comfort forum. I am not the one, but I would participate.. :coffee:

Just now, SUNRAY said:

Why not you, Sister? You've got a really nice idea here. Go ahead and take the initiative.

My favorite quote from this was:

"Don't be upset that roses have thorns. Be GLAD that some thorn bushes have roses!"

:thumbsup:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I really enjoyed that talk about Rizpah too. Brother Noumair described her as someone 'who has never spoken a word recorded in the Bible' (53:34 mark), and highlighted her 'silent example of faith.' That's powerful, that someone who has never had a word of theirs written into the Bible record could be an example to us! At least the Bible tells us her name, but not much else is known about her. The Insight volume has only two paragraphs about her experience. Yet that 12-minute talk expanded her life so much that it feels like we know her personally. Her love for God was put to the test. But far from becoming bitter about her experience and leaving Jehovah, her love for Him kept her in His organization, unlike many who go apostate today. What a compelling example she set for us to stay with Jehovah no matter what we might have to suffer!

I couldn't help but wonder, after hearing that talk, how will she react when she is wakened from death in the resurrection? Imagine how much she will be encouraged to learn of the example she set for us today! And that, without saying a word that was recorded in the Bible!

On 12/4/2017 at 4:52 PM, pnutts said:

download with subtitles and take that file import into a pdf converter.

Hi Peter -- still very keen to know how you download the video with subtitles.. please share?  Thank you!

10 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

Peter, which pdf converter do you use to import the mp4 file to extract the subtitles

Wordpad or Word. Word will save it as pdf while if you "Print to PDF" in wordpad will do the similar.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Does anyone know an easy way to convert mp4s into mp3s?

My brain doesn't work too well these days and I would appreciate any imput.

I'm thinking of things like Gilead/AGM talks and conventions/assemblies that I can burn and listen to in the car or from other devices with limited storage. 

I need to listen to all these many times over and love them every time!

Nothing bad can last forever!

Does anyone know an easy way to convert mp4s into mp3s?
My brain doesn't work too well these days and I would appreciate any imput.
I'm thinking of things like Gilead/AGM talks and conventions/assemblies that I can burn and listen to in the car or from other devices with limited storage. 
I need to listen to all these many times over and love them every time!

Yes, with iTunes. Rename the file *.m4a and import it to iTunes. Use iTunes to convert the file to MP3. How you do this depends on your os, but in Windows you select the file, chose File and then Create New Version... Here you convert it to mp3.

Any day now...

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”