JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting December 2017 edition

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2312 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 12/5/2017 at 1:25 PM, WilliamChew said:

JWB Dec 2017 transcript

JWB Dec 2017 Transcript.pdf

William, well done!

Is it possible to have this in Word format so I can edit font sizes etc...???

Thank you for your hard work! Appreciated. :thumbsup:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

10 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

William, well done!

Is it possible to have this in Word format so I can edit font sizes etc...???

Thank you for your hard work! Appreciated. :thumbsup:

For a PC use contol+A, followed by control+C, give it a little time for copying, this is a big PDF file. I just now did it to see if it works.

Open a new WORD doc, click on the new doc page and the text will appear. Be aware, you will have to format as Word does not copy PDF format. You can always refer to the original PDF to see the original format.

This is what I used to copy Talk Outlines into Word. By the time I get the format repaired I am very familiar with the outline. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Yeah - I tried doing the Word thing, too.  The page formatting is all undone and it would take a very long time to get it sorted with new font size, margins, etc.  I'm just leaving it as is and printing two sided... :huh:

The talk outlines are now available in either PDF or as a Docx, but my very old copy of word balks at Docx. I can open Docx in another program and save it as Doc, which works as a workaround. 

Does anyone have knowledge of a conversion, PDF to text, that supports formatting? 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

5 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Yes, with iTunes. Rename the file *.m4a and import it to iTunes. Use iTunes to convert the file to MP3. How you do this depends on your os, but in Windows you select the file, chose File and then Create New Version... Here you convert it to mp3.

Any day now...

Thanks for this info.

I was really hoping to be able to do it on my laptop so I can burn a disk as well. I have android phone, so no itunes. 

Nothing bad can last forever!

Thanks for this info.
I was really hoping to be able to do it on my laptop so I can burn a disk as well. I have android phone, so no itunes. 

iTunes is free and works well for this purpose anyway.

Any day now...

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

3 hours ago, Old said:

The talk outlines are now available in either PDF or as a Docx, but my very old copy of word balks at Docx. I can open Docx in another program and save it as Doc, which works as a workaround. 

Does anyone have knowledge of a conversion, PDF to text, that supports formatting? 

Just done simple copy from pdf and paste into Word ..(perfectly formatted for my needs)

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎07 at 7:56 PM, cheesychat said:

Does anyone know an easy way to convert mp4s into mp3s?

My brain doesn't work too well these days and I would appreciate any imput.

I'm thinking of things like Gilead/AGM talks and conventions/assemblies that I can burn and listen to in the car or from other devices with limited storage. 

I need to listen to all these many times over and love them every time!

VLC media play can convert MP4 to Mp3 easily. it's a fast and free media player that plays pretty much anything on a windows PC

Note: you don't need to open the mp4 first

After you install it on your pc:

Step 1: Open the VLC and select “Media”. Click on the convert/save.

Step 2: On the next window that appears, select “add” and choose the video file (MP4) to be converted.  once you find it, click open button

Step 3: change the profile from mp4 to audio -mp3

Step 4: click browse to select where to save new mp3 file and the name of the new mp3 file. Click save.

Step 5: click start to convert it

file bit rate will be saved  as 128kbps which is excellent for play back and burning to cd for most of us.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

I enjoyed the illutration in the talk "Sympathetic Strings". The brother made the point which he repeated

for emphasis "Our relationship with God and with our relationship with our brothers is one and the same"

NgGyWt.png

Edited by sunshine

26 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Tudo bem, aqui ou no outro assunto ? Oh, ok, vou colocá-lo em ambos os lugares.

Nosso Music Video (?) Para este mês é intitulado "Nós nunca vamos deixar ir". Se você quiser uma versão mp3 da música para o seu telefone, está na minha pequena coleção de músicas . Prepare-se para dançar!

Dance2.gif.daa7a0df3f3d8381c3ff360900ab04b6.gif

The music is wonderful! So logically this is the song osg_E_038. But the number osg_E_039 is missing to complete the numbering.