JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Our new Circuit Overseer...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1914 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hi y'all! I went to the meeting tonight, pain and all, including hopping around with one foot in one shoe and one foot practically out the other shoe because of the swelling. And Jehovah blessed my effort! 😀

We met our new Circuit Overseer, and his talk was extremely encouraging which I'll share a few golden nuggets with you guys at another time. 

So I go up to him after the meeting like everyone else, and after our introduction, he drew me to him by saying "come here", and said "what's your name again"? I told him and then he said "and how you doing young lady"? I was completely floored!!! Jehovah knew that I needed that, and he gave it to me! OMG! I then I introduced myself to his wife, shared with her by saying "your man knows how to talk." To which she laughed and then said "yes, he can be quite a charmer." I tell ya, all of a sudden my physical and emotional pain seemed to have reduced, if not disappeared. Does Jehovah help us to endure or does he? And he'll use whoever and whatever to do so. And get this: I wasnt really planning to go out in service tomorrow morning what with everything I'm feeling emotionally and physically, but yep, Jehovah heard me and it was like he said "oh yeah? We'll see about that." 

Edited by Luezette

I don't know if this thread is just about Sr. Luezette's new CO or anyone's CO.  But we have a new one also.  We have Br. Kent Lowe and Sr. Karen Lowe.  Our visit began yesterday also.  The videos made us cry and our poor brother giving the closing prayer almost didn't finish.  He had to say 'Amen" in a choked falsetto voice.  Great turnout for service this morning even though we had light snow last night and 32 degree weather today.

Unless it is a total coincidence that both names match, we had the Lowes as our CO and wife brothers on Saturday. He would point out that they were Lowes, not Low(e)s like the stores.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

2 minutes ago, Old said:

Unless it is a total coincidence that both names match, we had the Lowes as our CO and wife brothers on Saturday. He would point out that they were Lowes, not Low(e)s like the stores.

They are the ones.  We are their eighth circuit and they are getting close to 70 years old (I think).  Were they visiting Oregon or at a Circuit Assembly?

The age is right.They were assigned to our circuit. Not likely they will remember Jerry and Gertrude Lytle, but probably remember the Lake Hills Congregation in Bellevue, WA. Give them a hello for us.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

4 minutes ago, Old said:

The age is right.They were assigned to our circuit. Not likely they will remember Jerry and Gertrude Lytle, but probably remember the Lake Hills Congregation in Bellevue, WA. Give them a hello for us.

He seems to have a dry sense of humor.  Since we are a farming community, he asked if we knew why chicken coops usually had 2 doors.  We said no.  He told us if they had 4 doors it wouldn't be a coupe it would be a sedan....🙄

I will try to share your names and location with them Friday...thanks for letting me know.

1 minute ago, jwhess said:

He seems to have a dry sense of humor.  Since we are a farming community, he asked if we knew why chicken coops usually had 2 doors.  We said no.  He told us if they had 4 doors it wouldn't be a coupe it would be a sedan....🙄

I will try to share your names and location with them Friday...thanks for letting me know.

Cars were his hobby before they went on the road. He enjoyed showing us photos of his various vehicles.

On 11/21/2018 at 3:04 PM, Old said:

Cars were his hobby before they went on the road. He enjoyed showing us photos of his various vehicles.

Br. Jerry, Kent and Karen asked me to say "hello" for them.  Kent says he remembers you (he was not sure about the Lake Hills congregation).  So there you are.  A remembrance from Northwest Ohio (we are actually an Indiana Circuit).  Our first visit was over today.

It seems that the last eight visits of our CO were different brothers. One couple had to retire because of his age. The next had a wife with cancer. The next was a young couple who were sent back to New York for further training and reassignment. Then his inlaw died and we had two fill-ins and now a new one who hopes to last for three years! So do we!

On 11/21/2018 at 1:40 PM, Old said:

The Lowes just left our circuit in central Illinois! The brother has a very subtle sense of humor. You only catch it if you pay attention. 

We just finished with the first visit of our new CO Mark Hendricks and his wife Jackie. Fun week.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 4:09 AM, Luezette said:

Hi y'all! I went to the meeting tonight, pain and all, including hopping around with one foot in one shoe and one foot practically out the other shoe because of the swelling. And Jehovah blessed my effort! 😀

We met our new Circuit Overseer, and his talk was extremely encouraging which I'll share a few golden nuggets with you guys at another time. 

So I go up to him after the meeting like everyone else, and after our introduction, he drew me to him by saying "come here", and said "what's your name again"? I told him and then he said "and how you doing young lady"? I was completely floored!!! Jehovah knew that I needed that, and he gave it to me! OMG! I then I introduced myself to his wife, shared with her by saying "your man knows how to talk." To which she laughed and then said "yes, he can be quite a charmer." I tell ya, all of a sudden my physical and emotional pain seemed to have reduced, if not disappeared. Does Jehovah help us to endure or does he? And he'll use whoever and whatever to do so. And get this: I wasnt really planning to go out in service tomorrow morning what with everything I'm feeling emotionally and physically, but yep, Jehovah heard me and it was like he said "oh yeah? We'll see about that." 

Your experience brought a favourite scripture to mind. 2 Chronicles 16:9

For the eyes of Jehovah are roving about through all the earth to show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him. 

Jehovah was waiting for you to do something so he could act. And he did! 

Lovely post! 

Edited by Alan

spelling grammar

On 11/21/2018 at 7:33 PM, jwhess said:

I don't know if this thread is just about Sr. Luezette's new CO or anyone's CO.  But we have a new one also.  We have Br. Kent Lowe and Sr. Karen Lowe.  Our visit began yesterday also.  The videos made us cry and our poor brother giving the closing prayer almost didn't finish.  He had to say 'Amen" in a choked falsetto voice.  Great turnout for service this morning even though we had light snow last night and 32 degree weather today.

32 f?  Freezing point I presume? 

0° C = 32° F

100° C = 212° F

°F to °C  Deduct 32, then multiply by 5, then divide by 9

°C to °F  Multiply by 9, then divide by 5, then add 32

0*9=0      or   32- 32=0

0/5=0             0*5=0

0+32=32        0/9=0 

100*9=900      or     212-32=180

100/5=180              180*5=900

180+32=212           900/9=100

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 11/26/2018 at 6:38 PM, tucker said:

It seems that the last eight visits of our CO were different brothers. One couple had to retire because of his age. The next had a wife with cancer. The next was a young couple who were sent back to New York for further training and reassignment. Then his inlaw died and we had two fill-ins and now a new one who hopes to last for three years! So do we!

Last eight? 

We are due a new one this time but have already had notice of his substitute. We had the new one's schedule and he has mixed things up after.. well, as long as I can remember.. 50 odd years? We always met midweek at 9:15.. no one has usually met very many people, if they are up at all. This time... Meeting at 10:00 am for 'other than regular ministry'.. Shops etc. That will upset the apple cart for a lot. Door to door will be 4:00pm. 

We'll see how that goes :)

• 3 weeks later...

We had our new CO and his wife last week. I'm not sure where they served last; perhaps someone here had them? Daniel and Brandy Wiggins?  Our last CO was Lakes Ismailidis.  Does anyone here have him? And I'm still missing our CO from before THAT-- Steve Elambaugh and his wife Lisa. He was AMAZING!!!

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

We had our first visit by our new CO and his wife last night. They are the Brody's, and have served 10 years in Kansas and about 2 1/2 years at the new facilities..We're happy to have them. The're very young looking, but he is 42, jokes that he uses a miracle cream on his face..lol

On 12/7/2018 at 11:39 PM, Whitley M said:

We got a new CO.. this is really my first time being around one in close proximity and he was actually very rude. It was disheartening... I’m going to overlook and hope for better visit next time. Apparently not the only one who thought it. 😭

Oh, Sister, I'm sorry you got started off on a bad note..Give him a chance, and I'm sure he will be exactly what you and your congregation need. Sometimes it's as simple as him being distracted in his new assignment.

We got a new CO.. this is really my first time being around one in close proximity and he was actually very rude. It was disheartening... I’m going to overlook and hope for better visit next time. Apparently not the only one who thought it.

Remember two things: 1) this is Jehovah’s representative. 2) he is imperfect.

Don’t let someone rude shake you. Everyone is an example and some are good ones!

BTW: What state are you in? (I’m asking for a friend)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk