JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Finally looking like better numbers may be being reported outside of Hubei Province.

1501583124_ScreenHunter_01Feb_0309_19.gif.5f49ee920067ecd3925c0a7580c14e1d.gif

Death rate still above recovered rate in the 'hub' area of Hubei (Where Wuhan is the Capital).

Still spreading, though. :( 

371631044_ScreenHunter_02Feb_0309_20.gif.ccf372f2862ed1719c2e976891e80924.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2 in the UK now as of this moment.

There were three, but one has been cured who claimed they beat it by just having hot whisky and honey.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/347169/coronavirus-first-brit-known-to-catch-virus-beat-deadly-flu-with-glass-of-hot-whisky-and-honey/

For a few years now I've used Re-Juv-Nal, a Hillyard product. It is hospital grade and even kills animal viruses and Hong Kong flu. 

Google it and you can see the MSDS sheet, real good product.

For hand sanitation I choose not to use chemical hand sanitizer because of the ingredients I disagree with, I opt to use a small purse size spray bottle with Ever Clear vodka, learned this from a sister who went to Hoxy clinic. She used it for everything.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

To be honest, I’ve not followed this thread. Lots been going on in my life. 
I’ve just thought of it as one more indication of the times we are living in. Been praying for our family members, (spiritual) who have chosen to serve Jehovah in China. A close friend has his two of of his children serving in China as missionaries. 
We live really rural, so it has not impacted us. So far. I glanced at an article talking about it, and using the word. “Pandemic”. We sort of are prepared to not have to go in public, (except for the meetings and ministry) 

We have animal food, human food in store, as usual.
I think we will have to get, “tough”, spiritually. This system is coming down. We have been warned of many of the ways, but to see them is another thing. Pull close to Jehovah, and all he offers. And, hold on for dear life. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

5 hours ago, EccentricM said:

2 in the UK now as of this moment.

There were three, but one has been cured who claimed they beat it by just having hot whisky and honey.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/347169/coronavirus-first-brit-known-to-catch-virus-beat-deadly-flu-with-glass-of-hot-whisky-and-honey/

That's not as dumb as it seems. I have a call who is an alcholic and he never gets colds or flu's. An elder here who has since passed with cancer ... used to recommened whiskey soaked prunes ... and a sister who has also passed (hmmm  not a good pattern so far huh?)  use to have them too.

There is a preservative quality to alcohol - I think it creates quite a sterile environment in your body - vinegar does a similar sort of thing but on a lower level. 

DISCLAIMER: I'm NOT encouraging drinking more - just saying. haha. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

2 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

To be honest, I’ve not followed this thread. Lots been going on in my life. 
I’ve just thought of it as one more indication of the times we are living in. Been praying for our family members, (spiritual) who have chosen to serve Jehovah in China. A close friend has his two of of his children serving in China as missionaries. 
We live really rural, so it has not impacted us. So far. I glanced at an article talking about it, and using the word. “Pandemic”. We sort of are prepared to not have to go in public, (except for the meetings and ministry) 

We have animal food, human food in store, as usual.
I think we will have to get, “tough”, spiritually. This system is coming down. We have been warned of many of the ways, but to see them is another thing. Pull close to Jehovah, and all he offers. And, hold on for dear life. 

I agree sweetheart .. we are all being squeezed - like things are bottlenecking ... and it's feeling oppressive, this is just another squeeze from Satan's system ... while it's wise to be cautious and take reasonable steps to prepare (only because if you wait in these situations it could be difficult to afford to obtain things we need IF things take a turn for the worse) ... on the up side ... it's just another sign that the road we are taking even though sometimes very difficult - is the right road and does not have the air of oppression we feel when we step out into the community now.

May all of Jehovah's lost sheep feel it too and return to him.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Corona viruses are RNA viruses. RNA is a single strand that relays messages from the DNA to the cells ... there are different modes of RNA (mRNA, rRNA,tRNA) all perform different functions resulting in different proteins. 

This Novel Corona virus like the others is a RNA virus - which means they develop and react differently than DNA diseases. From what I can get that means in order to multiply they have to hijack a cell and use the contents of that cell to replicate and mutate. So from what I get mutation is a natural progression of these viruses.

But I'm no expert, if anyone can add or explain this to us in simple language - I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks.

I remember that, back in the first WHO press conference, a reporter asked, "How many generations so far?"

The answer was "Four in Wuhan and two outside of Wuhan."

Now, thanks to you, Sister Mandi, I think I 'may' have a clue as to what they were discussing.  

How many times the virus had completed a cycle of life.  So far, though, I haven't seen a report of it

mutating into a whole new strain of virus.

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Yes, a fourth generation, may or may not be a negative thing depending what the mutated result is. But no-one knows - and that's what bothers me. I just would like to know how this little virus is presenting itself right now. 

With Bengals - a fourth generation bengal means it has more domestic than wild gene but it is still a bengal - in this case the cat becomes more 'docile' with each generation - Is that same for viruses? I hope so. lol.

18 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I remember that, back in the first WHO press conference, a reporter asked, "How many generations so far?"

The answer was "Four in Wuhan and two outside of Wuhan."

Now, thanks to you, Sister Mandi, I think I 'may' have a clue as to what they were discussing.  

How many times the virus had completed a cycle of life.  So far, though, I haven't seen a report of it

mutating into a whole new strain of virus.

you got a link to the fourth generation info?

Many of the world’s leading infectious disease experts say the outbreak is likely to become a pandemic, defined as an ongoing epidemic on two or more continents.

Scientists do not yet know how lethal the new coronavirus is, but there is a growing consensus that it is readily transmitted. Scientists have found that it is spreading more like influenza than its slow-moving viral cousins, SARS and MERS.

“It’s very, very transmissible, and it almost certainly is going to be a pandemic,” said Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease.

“But will it be catastrophic? I don’t know,” he added.

The effects of a pandemic would likely be harsher in some countries than in others. While wealthier countries can direct their resources toward early detection and treatment, countries with fragile health care systems will not necessarily be able to offer the same level of care.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/03/world/asia/coronavirus-china.html

3 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

you got a link to the fourth generation info?

That video is embedded in this thread...somewhere early on.  You'd have to go back

through the thread to find it.  Then you have to listen very carefully because the reporters

voices are not as loud as the WHO officials.

1 hour ago, Allabord4Jah said:
rejuvnal a hillyard
Save more with Subscribe & Save
FREE One-Day

I didn't see any reviews on Amazon for this product, Control 3 disinfectant/germicide has 136 reviews 4 1/2 star rating ,  note - I'm not pushing this product only use it!

2020-02-03_16h59_03.png

Here's a hopeful sign:

CNN 9 min ago

Washington state patient discharged from hospital

From CNN Gina Yu and Ben Tinker

The first US patient to have a confirmed case of Wuhan coronavirus, a man in his 30s, has been discharged from the Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, Washington, the hospital said Monday in a statement. “The patient remains in isolation at home and is being monitored by the Snohomish Health District, in coordination with his care team at Providence,” the statement said. “For the privacy of the patient, we will not be disclosing the exact date of discharge or any additional details regarding his discharge process.”

There are now at least 11 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in the United States. Six cases have been confirmed in California, one in Massachusetts, one in Washington state, one in Arizona and two in Illinois. There have been two instances of person-to-person transmission – one in Illinois and one in California.

34 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

I didn't see any reviews on Amazon for this product, Control 3 disinfectant/germicide has 136 reviews 4 1/2 star rating ,  note - I'm not pushing this product only use it!

2020-02-03_16h59_03.png

I went back and it had 24 reviews, mostly 5 stars and 2 with 1 star. 

We were talking about this in FS this morning.  We have 4 congregations - including Chinese Cong.  

Many businesses in our area(s) of New York and New Jersey - and it makes me think about our brothers

and sisters and how many are affected by businesses slowing down due to the fears!

There  has not been much discussion at work last week -  it appears that many are distracted

by other things!  

Below is what I saw on the news some an hour an hour ago. 

https://www.fox5ny.com/video/650943

Chinatown businesses

The fear of the novel coronavirus has affected businesses in Chinatown.

I really don’t believe anything China puts out. That government is too much into controlling just everything. If they can’t control it, I suspect they won’t admit it. 
I sort of believe that with this system. What we hear about might be the upside of an iceberg. 90% hidden. Jehovah sees it all, and his timetable is perfect. 
So...we could not be in anyplace better, no matter where we are on this earth. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

11 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

I really don’t believe anything China puts out. That government is too much into controlling just everything. If they can’t control it, I suspect they won’t admit it. 
I sort of believe that with this system. What we hear about might be the upside of an iceberg. 90% hidden. Jehovah sees it all, and his timetable is perfect. 
So...we could not be in anyplace better, no matter where we are on this earth. 

I agree about Chinese government officials not being forthcoming with the FACTS.

That is why I say 'may' be this or that.

Those government officials will do anything to save face.

They'd rather save their face than their people. :( 

They are definitely not into hygiene.  Cause if they were, there would not be Sars, or now Corona Virus.  The government is spraying the towns and some people, like that is going to stop the virus.  What they need to do is instill hygiene in the Wet Market's, people's homes, and etc.  I remember my mom taking me to the fish market down town.  I never saw someone selling the fish cutting it on the ground with it's blood and insides torn out and left to lay there for hours or till it was swept under a table.  No. They would take hoses of water and wash down the stalls, the ground, and their stalls remove the fish or what ever they had like Octopus, squid, and clean out the stalls on top, and the bottom.  I never got sick eating from the fish market.  But then that was another era, today, the greed is over and beyond.  China will never spend money on its citizens to educate them hygiene!  Nope not China, to them its a waste of money.