JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/02/02/coronavirus-first-death-outside-of-china-philippines/4639200002/

It appears the Chinese are taking fast action, at least on their "temporary field hospitals"  I've got a feeling it will remain for quite awhile!

2020-02-02_15h27_44.png

Thing is though medical staff are being overworked, unsubstantiated report of them running out of testing kits and masks, and breathing equipment is at a premium. Having the building is one thing, but staffing and stocking this and another one is another thing.

I will be watching with interest.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

10 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Good point sis. It seems it jumping about Two Thousand cases per day. China, Russia and most of Middle East  is sticking to their old mentality and it doesn't work and that is censorship.  How do we know it doesn't work? Their economy and their way they operate their society is a mess. One way or another it collapse and they patch it up with old ideas.

Could be one way Jehovah puts a pause on these dangerous nations.  Jehovah has everything under control.  Don't panic friends.  Besides, pestilence is one of the many signs of the time of the end.  Just wash your hands friends.  Stay calm. be of sound mind. Lets not panic.

Edited by cme

add a comment

6 minutes ago, cme said:

Could be one way Jehovah puts a pause on these dangerous nations.  Jehovah has everything under control.  Don't panic friends.  Besides, pestilence is one of the many signs of the time of the end.  Just wash your hands friends.  Stay calm. be of sound mind. Lets not panic.

I don't think your post is saying Jehovah is causing or using this virus did it? I think I've read you wrong - my apologies if I have.

This world IS out of control on so many levels. Only Jehovah's organisation is in control.  Jehovah won't control factions of this world until it is his appointed time to do so - especially things like viruses. That being said, that appointed time may be closer than we think. But I need to remember that Jehovah isn't going to step in or bring his day closer just because this world is sinking into more and more confusion. It could be though, a platform for many to listen to us  as we amp up our preaching efforts.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

"Just wash your hands friends.  Stay calm. be of sound mind. Lets not panic." ^ Maybe stop shaking one another's hands also and prewashing  them at the doors of our KH's like the friends did in Africa ( or still do) for the Ebola crises! Even with the flu virus going around I'm still hesitant on shaking hands, I do, but sometimes fist pump the brothers and still do not immediately go wash or use a hand cleanser! 🤨

4 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

"Just wash your hands friends.  Stay calm. be of sound mind. Lets not panic." ^ Maybe stop shaking one another's hands also and prewashing  them at the doors of our KH's like the friends did in Africa ( or still do) for the Ebola crises! Even with the flu virus going around I'm still hesitant on shaking hands, I do, but sometimes fist pump the brothers and still do not immediately go wash or use a hand cleanser! 🤨

Nice post - and this thread is being very subjective, without any panic posts ... pleasure to read.  

Some of my research too, has shown COPPER to be antiviral/bacterial - even suggested to our Service Overseer to change the steel plates on the doors to copper - he took me more seriously than I expected haha.

Now, Tom and I have started a supplement (well Tom hasn't yet but he will - he doesn't know it either yet haha) - chlorophyll .. concentrated this has a copper element to it. It's just added to drinking water and it's the concentrated components of green veges. A bit like a land based spiralina. 

"Some of my research too, has shown COPPER to be antiviral/bacterial "-  Tommie Copper runs a line of compression clothing, he had a $1.5 million settlement  with the FTC, seems he couldn't  prove it! Just saying, i'm not against any kind of natural healing.

Tommie Copper’s proposed settlement with the FTC also requires the company and its founder and chairman Thomas Kallish to have competent and reliable scientific evidence before making future claims about pain relief, disease treatment, or health benefits.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2015/12/tommie-copper-pay-135-million-settle-ftc-deceptive-advertising

I guess we are getting off the main topic, lets save it for another post.

https://archpaper.com/2020/01/china-is-building-a-1000-bed-hospital-in-six-days-to-deal-with-coronavirus/

China’s Wuhan City, the capital of Hubei, is building a 1,000-bed hospital in six days in response to the coronavirus outbreak that has the city on lockdown, and it plans to build a second dedicated hospital with 1,300 beds over a two-week period. Sitework for the first hospital began last Thursday, when dozens of bulldozers began clearing land on the outskirts of Wuhan, a city of 11 million, where the novel coronavirus reportedly originated.

Total Confirmed Coronavirus cases:

11,177 confirmed cases in Hubei Province, where the hospitals are going up.

11, 177 patients minus 2,300 hospital beds = 8,877 patients potentially needing hospital beds

Where are they going to put the other 8,877 patients?  :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

54 minutes ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

Are these the Curad Face masks? 4b4ba705e389354e27f410d6271464e9.jpg&key=0fa058bc1327291e88f6e07eb56b3fd99eadd000a2da29ac17b0f5355233f007

Just Older emoji3073.png

Not so far fetched! I posted this because there is masked identity! The 2nd from the right looks like Curad virus mask. Our courageous brothers and sisters!😍

Screenshot_2020-02-02-21-08-46-1.png

Edited by SUNRAY

content

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Hey everyone...

Personally, I have noticed many shops and retailers are selling/sold out of hand sanitiser, face masks etc etc, I have been ordering some of this stuff for work to have in stock, as part of my role as the Chief Emergency Warden, but in my personal life, I am going to go back to the old fashioned way of thinking as many put their trust into the modern things like the hand sanitiser (Not against them, I use them to) but as stocks run out, how many young ones (makes me sound sooooo old) will actually think to by things like disinfectant, Bleach, and other items like this that can kill bugs and keep surfaces and skin clean.

Am going into cooking things like for example last night boiled up the left over chicken bones etc and put in garlic, bayleaves, onion and you could put in a whole lot more too, and now its cooled down over night, I will be freezing it tonight, will make great foundation for a chicken soup.  So am trying to pick up ideas without having to rely on things that will sell out quickly.  Anyone else have any useful ideas. 

As Mandi has said, always pays to be prepared as we are continually reminder, hope for the best, prepare for the worse.  Any out side of the box ideas from anyone???

😁😁😁

5 hours ago, Lee49 said:

sorry, that's chloroform I never had chemistry.

You aren't actually the first to say that when I tell people I take Chlorophyll. Interestingly though, after taking a teaspoon in my water at work today - I almost nodded off a few time - let's put it down to the heat of Summer ay?

I'm not a fan of masks ... but will wear them in public if it comes to that ... my friend is sourcing a couple of respirator masks for us - as she knows our health is on the fragile side of thing.  Lovely picture of our brothers and sisters wearing masks - but their eyes are exposed. 

Edited by Stormswift

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-02-02-20-intl-hnk/h_f9dcabd30a7a19762113ae3aae284742

"Thai doctor says new drug combination treated coronavirus patient"

"Doctors in Thailand say they have successfully treated one Wuhan coronavirus patient with a combination of antiviral drugs, according to a briefing on Sunday from the Ministry of Health."

21 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Dettol - is a brand of disinfectant here in NZ - not sure how widespread it is. But interesting label at the back.

84587563_2632211403558561_3860475601039130624_o.jpg

Ahha!!! I see one ingredient is Perfume!! That's probably what kills the viruses!!:idea:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

33 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

2020-02-02_22h49_24.png

@Stormswift

This has been going around, but people should understand this is a myth based upon a misunderstanding and ignorance. Detol does not cure nor prevent the Wuhan virus. As people have been spreading this picture around saying it's all a hoax and government manipulation.

A coronavirus is a "type" of virus, not just the Wuhna virus. The common cold, and the flu are "coronaviruses", so Detol cleans germs which cause those types of conditions. However, the difference with the Wuhan virus, is that it's a "new kind" of coronavirus, which they don't have any treatments for whatsoever.

Edited by EccentricM

41 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

@Stormswift

This has been going around, but people should understand this is a myth based upon a misunderstanding and ignorance. Detol does not cure nor prevent the Wuhan virus. As people have been spreading this picture around saying it's all a hoax and government manipulation.

A coronavirus is a "type" of virus, not just the Wuhna virus. The common cold, and the flu are "coronaviruses", so Detol cleans germs which cause those types of conditions. However, the difference with the Wuhan virus, is that it's a "new kind" of coronavirus, which they don't have any treatments for whatsoever.

Yes ... but it's still an antiviral ... which could be used in basic hygiene ... the same argument could be said of bleach and all the things we ingest  - since the NCorona Virus is so new - we can't be sure on that ... we can only take reasonable measures. Just never noticed that wording on the dettol bottle before that's all.

Edited by Stormswift