JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Yes we got a message from our COBE that Bethel Selters, Germany sent instructions that effective immediately no meetings at the kingdom hall, and to cease the memorial campaign. We normally have meetings today on Saturdays, so no meeting for us. Already invited my bible study to the memorial campaign before we got this announcement, though i kind of knew it was going to happen here, too, like the rest of the world.

Edited by Lieblingskind

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

“Who do you think put that idea in their head?“ - D. Splane Video

To date, I have been ignoring most coronavirus hysteria in the news and just going about my day as a Christian and as a construction worker. I have always felt that I was pretty safe from just about anything in Ohio, but it's really weird to go to the stores and see them empty like I see on the news in the southern states when a hurricane is approaching. It feels like I am on the set of movie or something.

But I guess we all are.

“. . .the scene of this world is changing. . .” 1 Corinthians 7:31

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

Yeah bob, I guess I have felt like you do a little about the Coronavirus hysteria, I have down played it a little. But with bethel now on lockdown, all the schools in our state closed down, with my wife in a nursing home with dementia that I go visit every day to see her and now I can’t because they’re all n lock down too, no service, no meetings, no nothing... it does in fact seem very surreal.  So maybe it’s not all hype after all.  Anyway, just my two cents.

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

1 hour ago, paulc said:

Yeah bob, I guess I have felt like you do a little about the Coronavirus hysteria, I have down played it a little. But with bethel now on lockdown, all the schools in our state closed down, with my wife in a nursing home with dementia that I go visit every day to see her and now I can’t because they’re all n lock down too, no service, no meetings, no nothing... it does in fact seem very surreal.  So maybe it’s not all hype after all.  Anyway, just my two cents.

I think if the governments are willing who loose and spend loads of money with these measures, it must be serious.

Oh, it’s serious. Very. When is the last time anyone out there can remember our meetings, service, Assembly, and perhaps the Memorial was cancelled. Never mind our Regional. I sort of think that is a, “bye-bye”, too. 
We have been prepared. Are going to use it to our advantage? . 

23 minutes ago, JudyO said:

Coronavirus Is Our Future | Alanna Shaikh | TEDxSMU

My internet is not strong enough to view this. But, have I got news for them. My future is awesome! Even if I die, it’s awesome! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

4 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

But, have I got news for them. My future is awesome! Even if I die, it’s awesome! 

Definitely have a better future to look forward to--but I think this speech is more on the short term view. Between now and that NS Paradise are gonna be a whole lot of bad things we have to get through.

But Jehovah must have confidence in our ability to endure. If he allows it, we'll get through it (with his help).

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

3 hours ago, GodlyDevotion said:

While it's true that Nigeria responded quickly by preventing the virus. Trust me, Nigeria's health system is nothing compared to developed countries. 

Besides, my mom just came back from the United states this monday. And there's no screening at the airport. There's no surveillance on travellers too.

True their health system is not on par with developed countries.  Sad to hear your mom was not screened nor are travelers, maybe because they have had no new cases?    From what I read on the news, it appeared Nigeria was a good example in taking this virus serious and doing what they could do to prevent the spread.  Sometimes ones in more developed countries rely so much on medicine and the health system that they reject the very basics such as proper hand washing, quarantines, socially distancing, testing, etc,.all which would prevent or slow down the spread of the virus.   So although their health system is not on the same level as developed countries,  they set a fine example for us.  

Edited by Snority

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

Some have commented on the effect this may have in religion due to the impact on the economy.

Some from Christendom have complained about Christ in quarantine, yeah?

Well, just wait until Ramadan starts next month and the most devout Muslims start complaining about the lack of faith in Allah and demand their right to kiss that stupid old stone. If things go the way I expect them to, the Saudi government will be under immense pressure to relax their sanctions and open up for the pilgrims.

Something similar might happen in Christendom around Easter in Rome and Jerusalem.

And if that happens, then that will be the beginning of the next, huge wave, but since the Muslims come from all over the world, that extent would be hardcore.

April will be an interesting month...

Sent from my S68Pro using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

Well, just wait until Ramadan starts next month and the most devout Muslims start complaining about the lack of faith in Allah and demand their right to kiss that stupid old stone.

They kiss a stone? :blink:

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

I would seriously advise having at least a small back up stock of food in the house.  As I said Paris isnt in lockdown but transport is grinding to a halt and  since the President announced the closing of school and banning of large gatherings  people here have been panic buying and the shelves are emptying fast. 

All meetings and ministry have been cancelled in France at least for this weekend.  We'll have to see what happens but people are definitelymstarting to panic.  

People are racing for a vaccine according to the links above. But even if they put everything into it, we’re looking at 12-18 months before it’s publicly available, 
So if heat and summer doesn’t kill it....

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

Current update from Ohio:

image.thumb.png.eefaaa5e75233e9e5888ef7ae3cdee75.png

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

10 hours ago, cme said:

Reminds me of the pestilence in Egypt where all the first born died.

Whew...I love my older brother and sister but if someone has to go I'm glad it's not me...😂

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 hours ago, cme said:

I heard that it does not survive heat.  Hopefully, when the weather gets warmer, this will pass.

Cases in Iran, Australia, Egypt are increasing against the fact they are all hot countries. What may happen is many will be out and about in good weather (if there are no restrictions) which may slow it down. I really hope that is the case. The sun being a natural sanitizer against viruses. However, it would still lurk indoors or in large gatherings.. 

Here in NZ we have six cases - our PM has from midnight tonight put in extraordinary measures - all cruise ships are not allowed near us until June. No international flights and all those entering our country will be quarantined for 14 days. Including NZers. All large gatherings are cancelled - including religious gatherings but whether that is from tonight I'm not sure - the brothers will let us know. Which will mean the memorial will be taken privately or in small groups if this is confirmed by the branch.

CME is correct things are chugging along in the direction to the New World  ... and in line with our WT which is as always very timely ... we need to provide comfort for those who are going through things. 

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."