JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What games/ activities can you do with zoom ?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1360 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Il be interested to see any ideas that are posted. 😊 Was going to post about ideas for virtual family worship with others. Before the outbreak we enjoyed regularly inviting bros and sisters from the hall to come and join us for fw. As our son is young our fw's are quite simple but we enjoyed being able to include others especially the older ones or those who are on their own. With the restrictions now I’m trying to think of ideas where we can do fw with others over WhatsApp, zoom etc or maybe games as has been already posted. 

We have a thread started encouraging getting together with Zoom - you can check there to see if there is a current group with a connection link ... or start one and post the link in that thread

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

just last night me and 6 other friends played Codenames over Zoom. It was pretty fun. One person aims their camera at the board, and also sends a higher quality image to everyone. Then the codemasters get sent a picture of the key card. 

On 3/22/2020 at 3:36 PM, Beggar for the Spirit said:

CHESS - if each person has a chess board, then they can show the person their move on their camera and then you just move their piece on your own board

This brings up a good point: Any game with "Complete Information" (a game in which knowledge about other market participants or players is available to all participants.) could be set up easily over zoom. Games with hidden information would be very difficult and cumbersome over zoom.

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't a game but several sisters I know get together and do letter writing together over zoom now that we can't go door to door. I was really enjoying their company while meeting at the hall but now we can't go there either...miss them so very much!! My family also gets together to chit chat and we are always sharing recipes etc so, miss them too. But zoom is there, which almost makes this ok for now. But can't wait to see everyone in person again. Just shows us how much we should appreciate our bros/sisters and family in the truth even more as a gift from Jehovah!!😘

Nearly all the kids in our congregation got together today by zoom, and each shared a hobby or talent to the rest in the group. Then afterwards it was games time...the mother organizing it asked everyone to go and fetch things...so for ex. a spoon, a pillow, house keys, bible stories book, meeting shoe, etc. It proved to be fun for even me as the parent to watch, and got alot of laughters out of everyone. :D

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

Just yesterday a small group of friends and I played Pictionary on Zoom, with the help of the drawing feature (We took turns drawing Bible scenes). Was probably more efficient than playing the game in person.

We also played "The Game of Things", which is a simple concept - a person reads a question (e.g. "Things you shouldn't tie to the roof of your car...", or "Things you shouldn't say to a police officer..."), then everyone writes a secret answer and sends that to the reader (reader puts in an answer as well), and then all of the answers are read out together, and players take turns to guess who said which answer.

42 minutes ago, Bjern said:

Just yesterday a small group of friends and I played Pictionary on Zoom, with the help of the drawing feature (We took turns drawing Bible scenes). Was probably more efficient than playing the game in person.

We also played "The Game of Things", which is a simple concept - a person reads a question (e.g. "Things you shouldn't tie to the roof of your car...", or "Things you shouldn't say to a police officer..."), then everyone writes a secret answer and sends that to the reader (reader puts in an answer as well), and then all of the answers are read out together, and players take turns to guess who said which answer.

Wonderful;... I need more questions ideas  

Q: what things you should't say to a fireman?

A. Your uniform is made of paper, and your hose sprays gasoline ...LOL :lol1:

https://quizlet.com/8888703/game-of-things-flash-cards/

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

46 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Wonderful;... I need more questions ideas  

Q: what things you should't say to a fireman?

A. Your uniform is made of paper, and your hose sprays gasoline ...LOL :lol1:

https://quizlet.com/8888703/game-of-things-flash-cards/

The game itself contains a good list of questions, if you can get a copy of one, though it's easy enough to come up with some too.

Yesterday I recall we had "Things you would take with you on a hike", and "Things you would say to aliens during first contact".

What a great link!

• 3 weeks later...

We have done general knowledge quizzes by having people in 2 teams and giving 20 questions then seeing  which team got most questions right. Pictures of famous decent movies was one section, but music excepts weren't so successful as people couldn't hear the music too well.

Another game a sister came in with a covered tray of small common household objects. She lifted the tea-towel off the tray and we were given a minute twhile she scanned her tablet over all the objects - 12-15 items and then she covered them and we had a few minutes to write out as many of them as we could remember -to see who has the best memory.

The other night a sister hosted some Jackbox games via screen sharing with a small group. It was really fun, I don't think I've played party games in 20 years. We played some Quiplash, Fibbage and Drawful. I got Drawful 2 for free and have been meaning to try it out. https://www.jackboxgames.com/games/

Sunday night my daughter, son-in-law,granddaughter and I (2 households in 2 different states) got together on Zoom and played Yahtzee, the dice game.  We all had our individual score sheets and would roll the dice on our turn.  When it was time to write the score down, we all shared the value with those connected.

My wife and friends did karaoke sessions of JW original songs; it was quite interesting occasion as friends from as far a field as Europe, America and North Africa joined in, and revelled in song and dance, we had our own resident dj Eric on the decks: who pumped up melody....while we were being serenaded by our brothers and sisters...

We’ve done a couple congregation quizzes. Where we’d get assigned a team (loosely based around our groups depending on who could participate) and after the quizmaster reads a list of say 10 questions, we all get put into our breakout room for 5 mins to discuss the answer. It’s been really fun so far. 

I was thinking of doing categories with my cousins. We’d often play this around the dining table at my nonnas house. And I think it could be done on zoom quite easily. I’ll WhatsApp each of them the answer sheet, something like the one below. With whatever categories we all decide to do, so they can either print it off and use it or just do it with good old pen and pencil. 

Then I’ll get my youngest cousin to randomly pick a letter for us all. We’ll all get 1 or 2 mins to answer, or until the first person shouts DONE. Then we get 10 more seconds to finish. I might assign someone to be the official timekeeper. And then you score up. You get 10 if it’s a unique answer or 5 if someone else has it. So we’d need to go through one by one to give our answers. 

I think it could work! 

A306E4EE-9A6E-4F69-959C-CC43666D1888.jpeg

My mom and my sister want to do an indoor scavenger hunt.  We will have 3 separate Zoom groups and lists based on ages; one for families with children/teenagers, one for young adults, and one for the older ones.  We are planning to hopefully do this next weekend.  

Last weekend for my sister and brother-in-law's wedding anniversary, we did a Zoom dinner for a small group and then afterwards invited friends and family to join us after a certain time.  It was nice to see friends from different places.  We were even able to get my brother-in-law's family in Mexico to connect.  There were noise issues at times, but overall it went very well.