JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Breaking News/Eritrea prisoners released (merged)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1184 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I'm literally just thinking like: woow, what just happened!!??
Today I was thinking about them, and how everyday had to be the same for them!!
But this day proved to be an abnormal day for them and for us!!

How great this is!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

But I was also thinking about our prayer for them now..
You see: 26 years in prison is a huge amount of time!
In 1994 was not even watchtower.org in use. And now: ooh btw, our meetings are by Zoom!
The number of publishers went up from 4,5 million in '94 to almost 9 million now.
All our videos, jw.org, magazines, way of preaching etc etc is relatively new for them. They still need our prayers!

9 minutes ago, CouveBro said:

Wonderful news....now only 24 to go!  I too along with @Julie wondered if the special campaign had any influence in the decision. 

That is our thought as well..they have to know we are not a threat in any way..:lol:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

3 minutes ago, Shannie said:

We’re the 3 brothers released ? I have prayed for them..

the ones who have been in prison since the early 90’s....

Don't know which 3 brothers you prayed for but the news says that 26 brothers and 2 sisters were released. They spent from 5-26 years in prison. a link in the article goes to a pic and article of 3 brothers in prison since 1994.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

1 hour ago, Sepie93 said:

I'm literally just thinking like: woow, what just happened!!??
Today I was thinking about them, and how everyday had to be the same for them!!
But this day proved to be an abnormal day for them and for us!!emoji3590.png

How great this is!!

It's funny you say you were just thinking of them.  I was just thinking of them yesterday and for no reason!  Just was thinking how grossly unfair to just be locked away and left.

25 minutes ago, Shannie said:

We’re the 3 brothers released ? I have prayed for them..

the ones who have been in prison since the early 90’s....

Well as Lynn said as the article linked back to an earlier article about the plight of the 3 brothers locked up for over a quarter of a century I would surmise all 3 have been released

but we don't know for sure as 24 remain in custody

I hope we get chance to hear some of their experiences in prison

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

1 minute ago, Naturale said:

It's funny you say you were just thinking of them.  I was just thinking of them yesterday and for no reason!  Just was thinking how grossly unfair to just be locked away and left.

Yup.......no charges or trial just locked up in prison. At least in Russia they go through the process of law even if it's not worth the paper it's written on.

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

I was sooo happy to hear this news! I can only imagine how relieved they are. There was a brother and his wife in our congregation/Arabic group that were from Eritrea and he said they call it the African North Korea because everything is so controlled over there. I wonder if some of them will move to other countries that have religious freedom once they get back on their feet.

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/

BREAKING NEWS | Eritrea Releases 28 Jehovah’s Witnesses From Prison

On December 4, 2020, 26 brothers and 2 sisters in Eritrea were set free after being imprisoned for their faith. They have spent between 5 and 26 years in prison. All have maintained uncompromising integrity to Jehovah God. As a worldwide association of brothers, we rejoice over this development. At the same time, we will continue to keep the 24 brothers and sisters who remain in prison in Eritrea in our thoughts and prayers.—Acts 12:5.