JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jehovah’s Witnesses: The World’s Most Persecuted Religion

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1190 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Very interesting article.

https://bitterwinter.org/jehovahs-witnesses-the-worlds-most-persecuted-religion/

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

Oops. Just realized it's the wrong place.

@moderaters: can you please put it in the right one? Thanks!

(Mod Note: Done)

Edited by Tortuga

1 hour ago, Sepie93 said:

Very interesting article.

https://bitterwinter.org/jehovahs-witnesses-the-worlds-most-persecuted-religion/

Oops. Just realized it's the wrong place.

@moderaters: can you please put it in the right one? Thanks! emoji6.png

What is new? And an all out attack will happened to them in the future.

Thanks for posting, it’s an interesting read. Of course we’re persecuted. Jesus said we would be. We don’t compromise or water down the truth to fit in with popular opinion at the time. 

As an aside, if anyone is interested in reading the report this news story is based on, it’s below. It’s quite long though. 

https://www.uscirf.gov/sites/default/files/2020 Issue Update - Jehovahs Witnesses.pdf

4 hours ago, Luisabola said:

Thanks for posting, it’s an interesting read. Of course we’re persecuted. Jesus said we would be. We don’t compromise or water down the truth to fit in with popular opinion at the time. 

As an aside, if anyone is interested in reading the report this news story is based on, it’s below. It’s quite long though. 

https://www.uscirf.gov/sites/default/files/2020 Issue Update - Jehovahs Witnesses.pdf

That was an excellent article. Thanks Louisa!

From the article:

The governments outlined in this report tend to target Jehovah’s Witnesses as “extremists” or because of their conscientious objection to military service. Those countries that persecute Jehovah’s Witnesses on the basis of vague extremism accusations, however, have failed to provide any evidence to demonstrate that members of the community have ever been involved in any act of violence against the state or its citizens, or called for the overthrow of any such government. On the contrary, the group is doctrinally apolitical and pacifist, and the prosecution of its members as dangerous “extremists” demonstrates the capacity for abuse inherent in vague and sweeping anti-extremism legislation.

First of all, this is a matter of prayer, for all of us, which is not new news. 
But to me, those of us who have relative freeness, it behooves us to use that to the greatest extent possible. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I suspect that our increase in phone and letter witnessing may have increased some of the persecution brought on by those who do not appreciate the witness given through it.  The recent mailing of the Kingdom issue of the Watchtower to political leaders could also very likely clarify our neutral stance.  

Family members of Witnesses in the US who do not share our stand on political neutrality could become very insistent during the last few months, from both sides.  It reminds me of when I was first studying, and Martin Luther King and later Richard Nixon were dividing people politically and emotionally.  The sister who studied with me and others followed the direction of the brothers who encouraged us to go from house to house, in pairs of black (then also called African-American) and white publishers, so that even if the householders don't open their door, they got a witness through their windows.  

This was in the Northern States, but later, in the South, some elders  from that time were interviewed in a special section of our Theocratic Ministry School (now called Midweek Meeting), and they said that the Witnesses there did the same thing, even in Montgomery AL.  They weren't allowed by law to have interracial congregations until about 1970-71, but the officials couldn't keep them from witnessing together.  Brother Herd's personal life story referred to that time in a magazine.

As a new publisher, I felt great personal gratification to be involved at that time, even in a small way, to bear silent witness that our teaching is scriptural and works even when churches all around could not obey the simple rule to associate and love one another and follow Jesus' example.  I knew from the time that they first came to my parents' house, that the public witnessing that Jehovah's Witnesses did regularly was what Jesus and his first century disciples did.  The early Christians also made full use of the first century invention of the codex, which is an early form of the book, in their teaching and distribution of God's word to the world.

By the way, although https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/  jw.org has regularly featured events involving religious persecution against Jehovah's Witnesses AND good news favoring our work also,  Forum18.org is still operating online, advertising religious persecution against Jehovah's Witnesses and other religious groups.

https://www.forum18.org/

• 1 month later...

Published yesterday.

https://mercatornet.com/are-the-jehovah-witnesses-the-worlds-most-persecuted-religion/70047/

What the Jehovah’s Witnesses defend is the right to live differently, in this world, yet part of a kingdom “not of this world,” as Jesus says in John 18:36. Are our societies prepared to tolerate those who live in a way different from the majority’s, as long as they are peaceful, honest, and law-abiding citizens?

That the answer is “no” in an increasing number of countries proves that our world is becoming a dangerous environment for religious liberty.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Thank for the link Sis. Sofia.  That article reminds me of Jesus' words at John 15:20, 21:

"Keep in mind the word I said to you: A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have observed my word, they will also observe yours. But they will do all these things against you on account of my name, because they do not know the One who sent me."

Today's text (9 Feb.) is also very timely as well in not giving up in these last days.

This is horrible.... JW arrested in home raids WHITHOUT ANY REGARD of humanism in plane COVID-19 PANDEMIC!
All was filmed for TV:
Beatings and bullying. The TV channels were flown around the footage of the invasion of the believers by law enforcers dressed in helmets and body armor and armed with machine guns. The believers who have been lifted out of bed lie on the floor with their hands behind their heads. One of them is taken away with handcuffs fastened behind his back. During one of the searches, the security forces beat two men, although they did not offer any resistance. After that, their hands were tied with plastic mounting straps. When one of the believers was pushed and fell onto the bed, the tie broke. For this, his hands were tied with three more clamps. The men were in this position while the search was going on. In addition, the security forces used gross obscene language and expressed derogatory comments about the religion of the apartment residents. At the end of the search, the family noticed that a large amount of personal savings had been stolen from them. https://jw-russia.org/news/2021/02/4.html

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

6 hours ago, Sofia said:

. . . law enforcers dressed in helmets and body armor and armed with machine guns.

I used to wonder about that. Why? Is that for when we fight back?

Of course not. It's their way of justifying their raids. "Yeah, Jehovah's Witnesses are extremely dangerous. That's why we need the assault rifles!"

15 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Of course not. It's their way of justifying their raids. "Yeah, Jehovah's Witnesses are extremely dangerous. That's why we need the assault rifles!"

Yep

its just for show off 😡😡 all was recorded for the TV