JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

IT being continuously used in the NW?

9 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

If you were doing that same job at World Headquarters, would you feel different about the job?

The issue isn't technology or industrial type jobs, the real issue is how we feel about them in this system.

We are talking about paradise, not here, not now.  So no, I would not feel different if the job is exactly the same.  There are far more variables to consider than just the type of job.  Like I said, I want variety, I want to be more in touch with nature (not feel like I'm locked up and enslaved in a room).

HQ takes some of this into consideration.  If I remember correctly, every office has a window.  Great!  Much improvement compared to my current situation.  But once again, I don't want to be tied down in paradise.  When money is no object, when there are no boarders, no sickness, everyone is hospitable and shares what they have, why would you want to stay in one spot???

I fully intend to live like a nomad, exploring every inch of this planet, when Jehovah allows it.  If He is going to satisfy the desire of every living thing, that is my desire (Psalms 145:16)  And I'd like to imagine everyone else here wants to do the same...go out and explore and research.  See ALL of creation!  Not be tied down to doing the same thing, every day, for 1,000,000 years.

Maybe we'll take shifts with industrial work?  But I'd like to think we'd be even more free...free to go and explore whenever we want.  Not have to take time off.  If I want to take 365 days to travel the world, why should I have to be confined to a "2 week" vacation, like our current system is designed?  This is why I question there being factories and industries like we know them today.  Perhaps during the 1000 years while we're cleaning up and rebuilding, sure!  But after???  :huh:  Maybe by then we figure out how to FULLY automate them, and we are free to go about and explore as we please. :shrugs:

5 hours ago, computerwiz said:

why should I have to be confined to a "2 week" vacation, like our current system is designed? 

Why does it have to be 2 weeks? It seems your automatically transferring a lot of ideas about work in the Old World into the New World. No need for vacation to be limited to two weeks. Besides, that is not even the way it works in other countries right now! Other countries have a much more flexible vacation schedule.

If I want to take 365 days to travel the world,

I guess you could, but then you're leaving no time to contribute back to society.  So how does that work? Just taking, not giving? Or maybe you want to be a drifter? Work odd end jobs that let you keep moving along wherever the wind blows? :)

Maybe we'll take shifts

I've definitely thought this is the way to go. But not just for industry,  but many things.  Also, think of the Levites in ancient Israel, they took turns serving at the temple every year. 

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

There is so much wrong with this thread I can't even begin to comment. I don't have that kind of time. One main point though is that the problem is with people not the tech. And 100 years from now the tech we have now will look shovels and pitchforks. 

Lol, no worries my brother!  :lol2:

I don't really have anyone I can bounce deep thoughts off of like this, which is why I'm glad to have found this forum.  I ride in silence back and forth to work, so I have a lot of time to think about things.  Doesn't mean I'm right, I just think outside the box when I can.  :upsidedown:

It seems the majority consensus is we will have tech, and it will be used properly.  It is a whole 'nother fascinating discussion on how people as a group tend to be correct in guessing things, and so that fact that most believe there will be tech despite the sound reasons I provided must mean we're probably gonna have tech!

I just will have to change my profession on the new world.  Someone else can be "the computer guy"!  :raspberry:  Once Jehovah's done using my current knowledge and abilities, of course....

I am sure in a couple of hundred years with Jehovah's help we can figure out how to produce energy that doesn't hurt the Earth. To say we won't have electricity in the new world because of the way its produced today is not fair. 

I am sure that we will be able to choose whatever lifestyle we want, with or without tech. I have also seen on some sci-fi where people live simpler lifestyles but have tech available if they need it which is definitely a possibility in the new world. There are many different possibilities that will be available to all people. Its not a binary answer.

11 minutes ago, Dages said:

we won't have energy (fossil/nuclear - level energy) for a while. 

Why not? Do you think that suddenly we will not have energy after Armageddon? We are not going to communicate by pony express. Transition takes time. And we will not transition backwards but forwards. 

8 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Why not? Do you think that suddenly we will not have energy after Armageddon? We are not going to communicate by pony express. Transition takes time. And we will not transition backwards but forwards. 

Who would be able to deal with oil/gas power plant... Or even nuclear ones? Also plastics are everywhere and they are mainly from oil. How many friends are in the field to produce this?

25 minutes ago, Dages said:

Who would be able to deal with oil/gas power plant... Or even nuclear ones? Also plastics are everywhere and they are mainly from oil. How many friends are in the field to produce this?

Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 hours ago, Dages said:

Also plastics are everywhere and they are mainly from oil. How many friends are in the field to produce this?

We don't need plastic, we are just used to using it. But only a few years ago, we used glass or paper for many things instead. 

21 hours ago, Dages said:

How many friends are in the field to produce this?

I don't know. Do you? I have heard the organization has people in many key areas to keep us going after Armageddon. Its going to be wonderful to see it all happen.

The organization uses things right now that are harmful to the earth. That is not going to suddenly change. It will take time.

• 7 months later...

Jehovah asked Moses to come up to the mountain to receive the tablets he was going to be given. (Exo 24:12)

After completing them Jehovah gave Moses two tablets, they were of such advanced quality, they were double sided! (Exo 32:15) and they were personally signed by Jehovah himself. (Exo 32:16)

However, Moses had to wait 40days an 40 nights before he had received them. (9:11)

Once Moses received them, he proceed to leave the fire sale. (Deut 9:15)

One the way down from the mountain Moses had shattered them. (Deut 9:17)

As they weren't cover by apple-care, Moses had to make two tablets himself and went back up to Jehovah to get the codes again. (Exodus 34:1, 4)

But this time he built a wooden cover before he went up and inserted the tablets into it once they were done. (Deut 10:4,5)