JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

IT being continuously used in the NW?

IT(information technology) like cell phones, computers and so on, do you think they’ll be used right after GT or some time after GT?

Because if so, computer programming languages will keep being used in the NW.

I’ve been always interested in computer programming (Now I know nothing about it) but also I’ve always feared seeing everything I’d learn if I do learn programming get destroyed with the start of the NW. 

I also used to be quite interested in making computer games. But I never actually tried to do it. Always thought it’s time-consuming and not a good job market in Korea. 

Edited by VisualizeUrParadise

Depends.... If its truely damaging to the environment it will need to be re engineered..

Depends on the life style Jehovah intended for us.

Humility and modesty and contentment with leser lifestyle. Can have a bearing on the complexy of lifestyle we have.

Shrug.... Who knows.... Right now techknowledgy is a distraction.  Its amazing..... So... Who knows.

We just can.t be ruining the earth to use it and get the resourves to make in a more unharmful way.

The Bible says very little, but somehow we might need some way of storing information and sharing it. Books have done that for a long time, and scrolls before that. It does talk about scrolls, but that is probably in a figurative way.

However, modern information technology also lets us communicate easily, and in real time, over distances, and, who knows, Jehovah might feel it is a good thing. So as long as we can do it without ruining the earth at the same time, I don’t see why not.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

I’ve been always interested in computer programming but also I’ve always feared seeing everything I’d learned get destroyed with the start of the NW. 

wouldn’t that be the same as an illiterate person deciding not to learn how to read now, because we might all have to learn a totally different language anyway (in the new system)?

I am convinced that we will use technology in the new world. Jehovah created us with the ability of designing machines. It makes sense that we have means to communicate with the friends all around the world.

But of course IT will be very different. Profit will no longer be a factor. Our technology will be respectful to the environment and available to everyone.

No doubt, over time we will learn better ways to do what we are doing now.  Putting costs aside, consider how much better fiber optics is to copper.  Less power consumption, longer durability but higher complexity.    With perfection comes the ability to handle even more complexity.  Next, take away everything that is causing wasted network traffic and bottlenecks, we will be able to do so much more with so much less.  

Parameter Copper cable Fiber optics
Power consumption Greater than 10 W per user. Around 2 W per user
Bandwidth Lower Higher
Lifespan 5 years 30 to 50 years
Noise immunity Low High

This global internet traffic is from 2019 just shows consumption but not waste. 

About 14.5 billion spam emails are sent every single day. That 45% equates to 14.5 billion spam messages that are sent globally each day.

250-Global-Application-Category-Traffic-Share.gif.20199a642265aca0b943ace996f4576a.gif

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

Could it be a good idea to learn some coding at this time? 

Not really. Learning to become a better publisher is more useful right now. That said, we do have use for some computer programmers even now.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I hope we have cell phone but who knows. If we do they surely won’t emit the harmful radiation that cellphones nowadays do.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

32 minutes ago, *Jack* said:

I hope we have cell phone but who knows. If we do they surely won’t emit the harmful radiation that cellphones nowadays do.

Every tech component is just a step to an improved method.  We seem to only think in terms of what we have today, as if that is the ultimate in technology and it will never progress further.  Someday in the new system we will have technology that makes cell phones and the current IT services look as primitive as stone knives and bearskins.

The radiation is not the problem. What such items of tech is made of is the real problem. Came we mine rare-earth elements without damaging the earth?

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

52 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

The radiation is not the problem. What such items of tech is made of is the real problem. Came we mine rare-earth elements without damaging the earth?

Radiation from cell phones are known to causes cancer...

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

7 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

It depends on what you have in mind. If you are thinking of making a living, I don't know any good programmer who is unemployed, at least here where I live. So to spend a few months learning to code can be a very good investment to find a job.

Now if you are thinking of the new world, don't worry about it. The brothers will train us in whatever tasks we need to do. We will cross that bridge when we come to it. :)

Edited by carlos

4 hours ago, *Jack* said:

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

1 hour ago, *Jack* said:

Radiation from cell phones are known to causes cancer...

Let's move away from this off topic discussion, please.  If we want to discuss the cell phone/cancer debate, please start a new topic on the appropriate forum. 

5 hours ago, carlos said:

It depends on what you have in mind. If you are thinking of making a living, I don't know any good programmer who is unemployed, at least here where I live. So to spend a few months learning to code can be a very good investment to find a job.

Now if you are thinking of the new world, don't worry about it. The brothers will train us in whatever tasks we need to do. We will cross that bridge when we come to it. :)

Thanks for the reply! Actually what I’m thinking is not finding a job, I’d like to approach it more as a hobby.

I just learned that semi-conductors are used for developing many things, such as in electronic processors in our diverse electronic devices, IPads, phones, etc.

But semi-conductors that are manufactured emit hazardous gases, therefore are manufactured in “clean rooms” to prevent contamination.

In the Semiconductor cleanroom and Microelectronic cleanroom industries, cleanroom contamination is the primary cause of production failure. Semiconductor cleanrooms and microelectronic cleanrooms are designed to control contaminants including out-gassing, particulate, ammonia, ammine, toxic gas and static.

https://precisioncleanrooms.com/semiconductor-clean-room/

Arsine is also a toxic gas that results from semiconductor manufacturing. 

Arsine is used most commonly in the semiconductor and metals refining industries.

https://emergency.cdc.gov/agent/arsine/facts.asp

But perhaps through R&D in the new system, possible alternatives to such poisonous producing manufacturing. 

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

I think we will use technology in the new system. Jehovah designed us to be inventive and to get pleasure from problem solving and finding ways to do things, so I think we will continue to use IT ( or whatever we will call it then )

My backround is in the electrical / electronics fields and it's interesting that virtually all the harmfull / wastefull / dangeourous things are due to having to get things done in a certain time or at a certain price or to be able to serve a large number of people.

When scaled down or slowed down or looked at without greed being a factor most of the things we would view as bad to us spiritually, physically dangeourous or environmentally harmfull in the electrical / electronics field actually wouldn't be.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a difficult time believing that when you have forever to work with that you won't have advanced technology at some time. With eternity, the possibilities are endless.
It may not be the kind of technology that we would recognize. The technology we have requires using limited resources and often breaks down within a decade. We may end up scrapping current technology and having to rethink the entire process. 
The thing about today's computer technology is that it was produced in a capitalist society in which growth and performance increases are based on competition, getting that new more advanced processor out before your competitor beats you to it. In the paradise, we won't have a race against time to get some new technology first. People can take their time and get it done to perfection, before it gets released. People won't mind waiting 10,20, maybe even 50 years to get a new technology released, as well.
We'll also have resurrected people who developed the concepts behind modern technology mingling with people in the modern age who worked at every stage with technological advancement. I would imagine that would generate many new ideas. How many people in addition to Tesla had ideas that were way ahead of their time, but that didn't hit the ground, because their investors didn't see how they could turn a profit on this technology?

On 4/11/2021 at 4:02 PM, VisualizeUrParadise said:

If you're learning programming a bit later in life, as I have, you might want to focus on more web development, as it's generally less involved than full on software development.  That's the neat about learning coding: you have a wide array of options and there's a variety of learning materials in each one.
The biggest problems is often deciding which language to start with. Personally, I think, it's good to at least learn a little C/C++, myself, at least enough to understand how programming works, because most languages are C based, and, if web development interests you, try doing things in "vanilla" javascript (pure javascript without a framework like Angular 2, React, or Vue).