JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Governing Body Announces That Some In-Person Meetings Will Resume in Select Areas

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 778 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Some congregations under the Scandinavia branch have been selected to enter this pilot test. In the end, some, all, or no congregation might go back to meetings at the Kingdom Halls. It remains to be seen after this test.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 10/18/2021 at 5:05 PM, carlos said:

Janet, these in-person meetings we are talking about are just a pilot program, an experiment. They are not open to the public nor even to the whole congregation. Only a few fully vaccinated publishers will be invited to the KH while the rest of the congregation will join by Zoom. The purpose of those meetings is to see how well the mixed in-person/Zoom system works and detect issues that might appear.

As you say we still have a long way to go before we resume meetings as we did in the past. :)

I have missed a few days so just catching up. :)

Whether interested ones/studies are allowed to attend wasn't mentioned but the whole congregation was encouraged to attend.  Nothing was mentioned about vaccinations.

Zoom will continue but initially those using it won't be able to participate until some updates or other technical things are sorted out.

QR codes for contact tracing on entering the hall, and using hand sanitiser which is provided when arriving and leaving.

Everything is already organised for our first meeting next Wednesday.

Nothing was mentioned about Noah's raven.

On 10/19/2021 at 11:35 PM, Adam! said:

Apologies for the questions, but are they allowing the entire congregation to come back? Or is only for fully vaccinated individuals? What about Bible studies and interested ones - will they have to prove their vaccination status?

See my answer above. :) 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

35 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Nothing was mentioned about Noah's raven.

It was mentioned in our Portuguese announcement here in Portugal 

May Jehovah bless all efforts being done to fulfill his will.

bless you all 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

The brothers recently announced a new zoom-like application that will likely fulfill the unique needs of the congregations.  I have no idea what goodies it will include, but I have met Bethelites who had, and have, a great deal of the technological know-how that have made possible the current theocratic and educational provisions that would not have been possible fifty years ago.  The JW Box, for instance, will allow access to congregations that are in areas that do not have the internet.  And we have passed 1000 languages in which spiritual food is available now!

9 minutes ago, rbrown1205 said:

The brothers recently announced a new zoom-like application that will likely fulfill the unique needs of the congregations. 

Are you referring to the JWStream-Studio or something else?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

So we've had our last zoom meeting today 😭, and were given instructions for our next meeting on Tuesday at the hall:

1. Remain at home if unwell.  The zoom meeting will still be accessible, but at this stage not for participating.

2. Use the QR code for check in or use contact sheet.

3. Sanitise or wash hands when entering

4. The WA government recommends and encourages physical distancing of 1.5m, so we are not going to sit too close to each other, only family groups can.  So, no hugging.  There will be spacing between seats and rows.

5.  To keep the hall well ventilated, it was recommended to wear warm clothes as it will be chilly.  From now on, ventilation will mean the hall will be colder than what we're used to normally.

6. A new cleaning regime will be implemented in line with government requirements - touch points sanitised, etc

7.  There is no mask requirement by the government, but we are welcome to wear them if we want.

11 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

So we've had our last zoom meeting today 😭, and were given instructions for our next meeting on Tuesday at the hall:

1. Remain at home if unwell.  The zoom meeting will still be accessible, but at this stage not for participating.

2. Use the QR code for check in or use contact sheet.

3. Sanitise or wash hands when entering

4. The WA government recommends and encourages physical distancing of 1.5m, so we are not going to sit too close to each other, only family groups can.  So, no hugging.  There will be spacing between seats and rows.

5.  To keep the hall well ventilated, it was recommended to wear warm clothes as it will be chilly.  From now on, ventilation will mean the hall will be colder than what we're used to normally.

6. A new cleaning regime will be implemented in line with government requirements - touch points sanitised, etc

7.  There is no mask requirement by the government, but we are welcome to wear them if we want.

Interesting. Numbers 4 & 5 or 7 were not mentioned at our meeting - either Wednesday or yesterday, which was also our last Zoom meeting.

The only thing mentioned yesterday was not to forget to go to the hall on Wednesday evening and everyone was encouraged to go.  With a cong of around about 170, social distancing would be quite difficult if the majority attend. 

As social distancing hasn't been a thing here for months, I'm not quite sure where the brothers got that information from.

With all venues allowed to operate at full capacity for months, social distancing is in the distant past. 

The following website was last updated 7 weeks ago, on 8th September, and there is nothing about social distancing on there.

https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/department-of-the-premier-and-cabinet/covid-19-coronavirus-what-you-can-and-cant-do

32 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

The following website was last updated 7 weeks ago, on 8th September, and there is nothing about social distancing on there.

https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/department-of-the-premier-and-cabinet/covid-19-coronavirus-what-you-can-and-cant-do

I had to ask about this as well. We are a small congregation of around 80 if that. And what the group overseer told me is that the WA government “encourages physical distancing”, so not a mandate as it was before when we were in lockdown or emerging from it.

The brothers are being cautious and trying to follow the WA Covidsafe plan: https://www.wa.gov.au/sites/default/files/2021-10/21102021-COVID-Safety-Guidelines-General.pdf

1. Physical distancing
Physical distancing is one of the most effective methods of reducing the spread of viruses. The more space between you and others, the harder it is for the virus to spread.

Physical distancing can be used in the workplace to minimise the risk of transmission. If a person is found to be positive for COVID-19, the risk of transmission to others is minimised if physical distancing has been practised.

While not mandatory, you are encouraged to maintain 1.5 metres separation between people who are not from the same household or groups of other patrons.

Rules! (Head exploding 🤯and confusing, but it is what it is).

54 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

1. Physical distancing
Physical distancing is one of the most effective methods of reducing the spread of viruses. The more space between you and others, the harder it is for the virus to spread.

Physical distancing can be used in the workplace to minimise the risk of transmission. If a person is found to be positive for COVID-19, the risk of transmission to others is minimised if physical distancing has been practised.

Rules! (Head exploding 🤯and confusing, but it is what it is).

So many different websites to find the information. Why don't they just put it all in one place! 🙄 It is a bit odd though that they still recommend/suggest distancing when we haven't had community transmission here for goodness knows how long. They certainly aren't practicing it themselves.  Typical government - don't lead by example! 😂

Each cong is obviously going to apply the 'rules' the best way for their particular circumstances which is fair enough and this will certainly be good practice for when covid does rear it's ugly head here after our borders come down.  No such practice for us - it's just not possible for us with such a big cong.

It was noted too that pictures of the Bethel family meeting together, they were spaced out in "groups", not sitting like we used to do so in rows.  I know it is challenging to fit everyone in such a big congregation.  But it is good practice in these covid times to have adequate spacing and ventilation.  It will be interesting how each congregation adapts to this new way of living with covid at our halls.  At least for now in WA it doesn't matter how we squeeze in...

10 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

It was noted too that pictures of the Bethel family meeting together, they were spaced out in "groups", not sitting like we used to do so in rows.  I know it is challenging to fit everyone in such a big congregation.  But it is good practice in these covid times to have adequate spacing and ventilation.  It will be interesting how each congregation adapts to this new way of living with covid at our halls.  At least for now in WA it doesn't matter how we squeeze in...

I will let you know how much hugging and cuddling up next to besties goes on after our meeting. 😉😂I always sit in the first seat inside the door so I have a good view of everyone in front. 😂

Bula from Fiji , we started In person meeting last Sunday. Complying with local governmental protocols: strict  2meters distancing, sit with people in your bubble and 70% Hall capacity. Only fully vaccinated persons may attend . Unvaccinated children to be accompanied by Fully vaccinated adult

Edited by IvaJoey

52 minutes ago, IvaJoey said:

Bula from Fiji , we started In person meeting last Sunday. Complying with local governmental protocols: strict  2meters distancing, sit with people in your bubble and 70% Hall capacity. Only fully vaccinated persons may attend . Unvaccinated children to be accompanied by Fully vaccinated adult

Is there much covid in Fiji?

Is there a current list of areas where the meetings are back in the KH?

I've heard parts of 

Australia

New Zealand

Malawi

Fiji

Hong Kong

Tasmania

Italy

Scandinavia

Is that correct? Are there more?

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

36 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Is there a current list of areas where the meetings are back in the KH?

I've heard parts of 

Australia

New Zealand

Malawi

Fiji

Hong Kong

Tasmania

Italy

Scandinavia

Is that correct? Are there more?

you can ad Portugal

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

36 minutes ago, HoneyflakeT said:

Parts of Germany as well….

no masks, no social distancing 

but cases of covid are rising. 

I wonder why we are part of the project… it is getting cold and many are coughing and sneezing 

In Portugal cases are sky rising, older ones VACCINATED are getting covid, in spite of 3 jabs given now.

This is not looking good here, schools are being closed... and our government is talking about a possible lockdown soon. :facepalmpo2:

Edited by Sofia

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I've heard parts of 

Australia

New Zealand

Malawi

Fiji

Hong Kong

Tasmania

Italy

Scandinavia

Portugal

Chile

Germany

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

In Portugal cases are sky rising, older ones VACCINATED are getting covid, in spite of 3 jabs given now.

This is not looking good here, schools are being closed... and our government is talking about a possible lockdown soon. :facepalmpo2:

This evening I heard about one of our sisters in Montreal who died of COVID. She had been fully vaccinated (two jabs), and had no pre-existing medical conditions. :o It's very doubtful we'll be part of any pilot project.

Meanwhile, the number of new infections is dropping here, as are hospitalizations.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 778 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.