JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Governing Body Announces That Some In-Person Meetings Will Resume in Select Areas

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 778 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

12 minutes ago, jwhess said:

We have some Zoom attendees that would be about an hour away by car.  If we all go to the hall, can they be included somehow?

I’m sure the pilot program includes a both solution in person+ zoom

some will love to come together while others will remain happy at their homes by zoom

as I see if all goes well this method will expand as the pandemic allows

if it causes division less attendings and unhappiness or isn’t safe then the Gb will see that the zoom only is here for stay at least for a longer time

thank you Jehovah for the fds ❤️ We know we CAN trust them 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

30 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Thank you Br. Anthony.  Perhaps what I said came across as flippantly simplistic.  The updates and videos explained about Covid vaccinations and rates in the pilot areas so I just included them in my 2 sentence observation.

Others might know of some requirements to continue the pilot program but I have no idea.  Does it include attendance?  We have about 91 publishers.  We have about 100 that attend every meeting on Zoom.  If we go to the hall and our attendance drops to 91 is that OK?  If we stay about 100 is that OK?  If we are just allowed 50% at a time, what if one group has 50 in attendance and the other group has 35.  Is that a "successful" arrangement? 

I don't have any idea, clue or inkling.  We have some Zoom attendees that would be about an hour away by car.  If we all go to the hall, can they be included somehow?  We are just entering the season for bad weather, in our area (winter is coming).  What about our older publishers? Do we say, stay home and stay safe during a storm or snowfall?  The list of what I don't know or understand is enormous.  

What I was trying to say in my original comment was "Pray for success" but I don't know what it will look like until I see or hear or read what the GB tells me.  That was all I meant.  It was not supposed to be a focus on the pandemic...sorry...💗

Hey Brother! I didn’t take your comments to mean anything else, my comments were in addition to, not in correction of what you said 😊

1 hour ago, Hope said:

Wonderful explanation- may I share with friends, please? 😃😊

You sure can! 

14 hours ago, Anthony said:

Either way, the program will be successful. The goal is for one thing and one thing only: to determine the direction Jehovah wants the organization to go. I can tell you that the places they are doing the pilot in are safe enough where death is not really the measuring stick, otherwise they wouldn’t have taken a chance. Believe it or not, I was told by a friend in the coordinator’s office that the pilot is not simply looking at the physical (no or almost no infections) but also how the pilot will affect the friends spiritually and unity wise. If the pilot works well, it will be a clear indication that is the direction Jehovah wants the GB to go. If It does not, then it still served it’s purpose because it will be a clear indication to the GB that Jehovah wants them to stay the course with zoom. Regardless, let the will of Jehovah take place! And I’m sure it will ☺️ Let’s all keep praying Jehovah’s spirit be with his hardworking Slave, as we know it will be! Exciting times… 

Feels like a nice preparation for us all to listen to Jehovah's direction... the GT is close

50 minutes ago, Dages said:

Feels like a nice preparation for us all to listen to Jehovah's direction... the GT is close

It sure is !

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 10/27/2021 at 12:45 PM, Bluebell said:

In Germany the meeting trial is stopped because of increasing covid cases in the country......

I don't know if this apply to other countries too.....

On 10/27/2021 at 3:59 PM, Bluebell said:

The whole territory of the european branch....

On 10/27/2021 at 4:02 PM, Thesauron said:

That is, the Central European Branch.. Other branches might change the pilot program too, or call it off.

If I may ask a question on the above conversation...?

What, exactly, is the Central European Branch? All of the countries in central Europe seem to have their own branch offices; i.e.: Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, etc. So, where is this "Central European Branch" office? What countries does it cover?

If I may ask a question on the above conversation...?

What, exactly, is the Central European Branch? All of the countries in central Europe seem to have their own branch offices; i.e.: Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, etc. So, where is this "Central European Branch" office? What countries does it cover?

The Central European Branch is located in Selters, Germany, and covers Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, and Switzerland. But it prints literature for many more countries. The correct name is The Central European Branch Office of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Here is a brochure about it:

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_publication/1d/fo_s-Ge_E.pdf

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Alfonso said:

I am a brother from Italy and my congregation was chosen for the pilot project. it was really exciting and can't be compared to zoom in the least. Bethel has given us precise instructions, and the meetings are proceeding well😊

Amazing 🤩 

Seems that with this USA Branch map update today  - (elder provided list for special full time servants) 

1 blue 1 st level island territory =low risk

1 yellow 2nd level Island state yellow =medium risk

15 orange 3rd level states =significant risk

Red 4th level - The rest are red level 4 =high risk

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 hours ago, AH173 said:

Seems that with this USA Branch map update today  - (elder provided list for special full time servants) 

1 blue 1 st level island territory =low risk

1 yellow 2nd level Island state yellow =medium risk

15 orange 3rd level states =significant risk

Red 4th level - The rest are red level 4 =high risk

It is the first time I have seen a "blue" since the end of July...wow

From this interview it sounds like the branch are pilot testing meetings in Puerto Rico, which is at level one. Its the only place in the branch territory in the United States that’s qualified to invite guests vaccinated. And going to be testing out for the next four to six weeks. We're going to look at what the issues are, how they make these meetings hybrid and virtual at the same time, so that we can look to roll out to the rest of the world  (at some point).

https://www.click2houston.com/video/local-news/2021/11/07/houston-newsmakers-jehovahs-witnesses-go-virtual-door-to-door/

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

4 minutes ago, rocket said:

Pilot program, Meetings

3:35 "invited guest, vaccinated..."

I guess this is Ceasar's law direction (AFAIK in Australia vaccinations are not obligatory).

BTW, a very nice host. He mentioned our November campaign and jw.org

Very encouraging :)

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

Heard from a friend in Canada. Their Congregation has been selected for the pilot program and they will begin in-person meeting at the KH next Sunday.

A few things he told us about it:

• Only those who are fully vaccinated can attend
  • Proof of vaccination must be shown at every meeting
  • They will be wearing masks
  • They are to ask others before shaking hands or hugging as some may be hesitant
  • As long as they all wear masks they will not have to socially distance

He said that local conditions and regulations play a part in why they have to follow these guidelines

He is going to let us know how things go

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

And for those who are not vaccinated and or have walking difficulties or other issues, can be on zoom.  The announcement by Br. Splane, was terrific.  My elders will be waiting from direction from the Branch in my neck of the woods.   And too, local government rules.  Covid is picking up again in my state.  So we'll wait and see what happens in 2022 or beyond.  But it was really great news! 

6 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

My elders will be waiting from direction from the Branch in my neck of the woods

I'm sure all of the elders in the continental US are doing the same...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 10/16/2021 at 12:51 PM, careful said:

thats good to know..but why do we need boosters????

Someone may have already answered this, but I haven't had time to read every post.

The way I look at it is like a race.  When your body gets infected, the virus starts multiplying and the your body starts producing antibodies.  If the antibodies are produced fast enough you may never have symptoms.  That's why some people were asymptomatic.  They could spread the disease and never know they had it.

Many people (probably most) have immune symptoms that may not work as fast.  There bodies just do not produce antibodies fast enough, so they get sicker.

It also depends on how much of the virus gets into your body.  A small amount of the virus means that your body has more time to produce antibodies.  This might produce a milder form of the disease.

What all of this means to me is that I want a head start in the race.  Vaccines cause an immune response that produces antibodies ahead of time.  If you are in a race, do you want to start at the start line?  Or. since you can legally start 50 yards ahead, would you rather do that?  Because in this case, if your opponent wins, you just might die.

As the vaccines wane somewhat, you are still better off than the unvaccinated, but the booster increases that head start you have.  Yes, I definitely want the booster.  As a matter of fact, my wife and I already had the booster.

On 11/15/2021 at 10:17 PM, Shawnster said:

I've heard through the grapevine that congregations in Marin County, California (just north of San Francisco) are starting up in the pilot program. 

Due to the rising number of Covid cases in the area, the Marin County pilot programs has been postponed. 

That was fast. 

On 11/14/2021 at 5:58 AM, Dages said:

I'll pick the Valneva for my booster. It's a classic vaccine

Wish we had that here in the US.   We have Novavax -  a traditional (protein subunit) vaccine that many have been waiting for including NASA engineers. I had been awaiting Novavax too but after GB updates,  providing proper food at the proper "time",  I went ahead with Pfizer.

2 hours ago, Jf800 said:

Apparently in Uruguay the program of in-person meetings will be suspended. The government established a one-hour maximum protocol for religious meetings this week.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9S mediante Tapatalk

We have to listen to the Superior Authorities.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am kindly asking if there was a circular that can be shared from the branch, specifying the in person meeting attendance regulations. 

Are the regulations the same for all the congregations or it can differ as not requiring one to be vaccinated in order to attend?

Thank you 

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 778 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.