JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Governing Body Announces That Some In-Person Meetings Will Resume in Select Areas

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 779 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I'm not so concerned with meeting at the halls but, what concerns me is the mentality of people. 

They are very quick to point a gun at you if they don't like the way you look, dress, race or religion is different.

Where I live and, this is farm country neighbor shot neighbor and then proceeded to kill himself.  All over the news today.  And that was his neighbor.  Now we come and do witness work and the mentality of the people is so different then before Covid.

Police presence is sparse because of Covid vaccine mandates and defund the police movement.

Lord help us!

Since the announcement was about "meetings" and it was stated that:

1. it is a "pilot program"
  2. Resumption of door-to-door activity was not even hinted at

it just seems to me that our discussion should be about the benefits and encouragement we will get from such a pilot program instead of coming up with potential problems, exclusions and difficulties as well as activities that are not being resumed at this time.

Just my opinion, of course.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, Qapla said:

Since the announcement was about "meetings" and it was stated that:

1. it is a "pilot program"
  2. Resumption of door-to-door activity was not even hinted at

it just seems to me that our discussion should be about the benefits and encouragement we will get from such a pilot program instead of coming up with potential problems, exclusions and difficulties as well as activities that are not being resumed at this time.

Just my opinion, of course.

It is just a matter of concern my brother.

2 hours ago, cme said:

I'm not so concerned with meeting at the halls but, what concerns me is the mentality of people. 

They are very quick to point a gun at you if they don't like the way you look, dress, race or religion is different.

Where I live and, this is farm country neighbor shot neighbor and then proceeded to kill himself.  All over the news today.  And that was his neighbor.  Now we come and do witness work and the mentality of the people is so different then before Covid.

Police presence is sparse because of Covid vaccine mandates and defund the police movement.

Lord help us!

i completely agree.   every;thing is different now.  and ill be honest....a few years befor the virus began, i admittedly was scared out in service....i felt everything was different from a safety viewpoint.   i felt like going to someones door was really taking a big risk.  i wondered then how much longer will we be doing this and then suddenly as if out of the blue....the virus.   now i feel even more so that it is truly dangerous to do what we did for years.

Lord help us!

He will!…. Reflect on the current year text:
“Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust.”

Agape

I think the objective is to resume meetings on a larger scale on the beginning of 2022.

The pilot program will show the problems that can arise while meeting amidst the current circumstances. At the moment only a few selected congregations are chosen for the pilot program. Even if there are more congregations that could fit the requirement not all of them are selected (we don't need a large sample, just some congregations per context)

Portugal will also have this pilot program but only selected congregations. The LDC is involved in selecting the congregations, which must have all the conditions in place, like good air flow, ability to have the required distance, the hygienic devices in place, etc...

All publishers will have a zoom training from the LDC on health and hygiene in preparation for the return to the KH. I assume this to be applied to all congregations weather they are on the pilot program or not. 

Our congregation is part of the pilot program. We are back at the hall next Tuesday. Not much else said except that we obey superior authorities, and use the check in app for contact tracing.  No covid at all here in Western Australia so no other restrictions necessary. I’ve heard that it includes all congregations in Western Australia.

Field service remains on zoom.

Further details:

Heb 10:24, 25 was read out to have encouragement together again, for those who feel apprehensive.

Remember to stay home if unwell

zoom is still an option, but it will be different

we sign in with QR code for contact tracing 

Cleaning touch points and ventilation will be addressed

we'll meet as long as it’s safe to, the brothers are monitoring it very closely

Edited by hatcheckgirl

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Our congregation is part of the pilot program. We are back at the hall next Tuesday. Not much else said except that we obey superior authorities, and use the check in app for contact tracing.  No covid at all here in Western Australia so no other restrictions necessary. I’ve heard that it includes all congregations in Western Australia.

Field service remains on zoom.

And there goes the crow… Gen.8:7 😉

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Further details:

Heb 10:24, 25 was read out to have encouragement together again, for those who feel apprehensive.

Remember to stay home if unwell

zoom is still an option, but it will be different

we sign in with QR code for contact tracing 

Cleaning touch points and ventilation will be addressed

we'll meet as long as it’s safe to, the brothers are monitoring it very closely

Apologies for the questions, but are they allowing the entire congregation to come back? Or is only for fully vaccinated individuals? What about Bible studies and interested ones - will they have to prove their vaccination status?

On 10/16/2021 at 12:12 PM, Anthony said:

No, everyone will be allowed to come. That’s one of the reasons this is only in select areas, the vaccination rates have to be VERY high and the infection rates VERY low, almost nil. For this first round. Which is why, as far as I’ve heard, I don’t think the US branch will be participating at all, at least not within the contiguous US. The GB wants places where practically everyone in the population is vaccinated or very close to it (think 90+) and/or because of the strict mandates, numbers are extremely low. Like in Australia. You really do see their wisdom. Got to know this is Jehovah’s organization!  

Only those fully vaccinated will be allowed to attend meetings.  In most areas of the pilot program, kingdom halls will be limited to 50% capacity at this time

27 minutes ago, Adam! said:

Apologies for the questions, but are they allowing the entire congregation to come back? Or is only for fully vaccinated individuals? What about Bible studies and interested ones - will they have to prove their vaccination status?

It seems only a limited number of publishers, selected among those vaccinated, will be at the KH. The rest of the congregation, as well as students and interested people, will join on Zoom.

The purpose of these pilot meetings is to identify possible issues with the hybrid in-person/Zoom system.

22 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

It is just a matter of concern my brother.

(Matthew 6:27) 27 Who of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his life span?

Jesus said there are some things we should not worry about until it's time to worry about them.  Unless our congregation is part of the pilot program, there is no reason or benefit to concern ourselves. 

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

(Matthew 6:27) 27 Who of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his life span?

Jesus said there are some things we should not worry about until it's time to worry about them.  Unless our congregation is part of the pilot program, there is no reason or benefit to concern ourselves. 

True and I cannot add a cubit to my life span too.

58 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

True and I cannot add a cubit to my life span too

What about a cubit of chocolate?? 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

5 hours ago, Adam! said:

All are allowed to come- vaccinated and unvaccinated. That may change when our interstate border comes down covid enters the state. The government may then mandate restrictions on movement as we see in other places. But for now, all publishers belonging to our congregation only at this time. Vaccination status not an issue, but we check in for covid tracing and wash hands, boom mikes, etc

So the situation of who can attend and how many is also by location not one rule for all. Makes total sense. 😊

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

5 hours ago, CharlieJ said:

Only those fully vaccinated will be allowed to attend meetings.  In most areas of the pilot program, kingdom halls will be limited to 50% capacity at this time

Is Arkansas also partaking in the pilot program? Western Australia is unique in that at the moment there is no covid here in the community because our state is closed off from other Australian states. We have free movement for now. The state has 60% vaccination rate for 12years and up double dose, but still lags behind Sydney which has 80%, but has covid cases and has come out of lockdown. There are no pilot congs there.

Edited by hatcheckgirl

As this is a sensitive situation and an unprecedented time, perhaps the course of wisdom is to only share details about the pilot program only if we are involved personally?  We all know what happens when we spread second or third or more hand information.  Facts get distorted, embellished, left out, etc... 

We need to also keep in mind the rules for one congregation in the pilot program may not be the same as the rules in another congregation. We might expect the rules to be the same but what we expect may not be what happens. 

Yes, in Update #8 he did say that the meetings being held at the US Branch were in accord with NY law.

It would make sense that all pilot meetings would be subject to the local laws as well as GB direction

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

28 minutes ago, Qapla said:

It would make sense that all pilot meetings would be subject to the local laws as well as GB direction

That’s exactly right. As of now we have no covid here, but we know that the border will go up within a couple of months as we hit higher vaccination rates. Then the state government will bring in some restrictions so WA can have a  “soft landing” and that may reduce capacity, and also mask wearing indoors. It’s a moveable feast.

Really, Western Australia could have had meetings all this time since we remained covid-free in the main, but we follow the directions that keep us all safe, and stayed on zoom with the rest of our brothers.

8 hours ago, Shawnster said:

As this is a sensitive situation and an unprecedented time, perhaps the course of wisdom is to only share details about the pilot program only if we are involved personally?

Yeah, that’s wise. I’m personally interested to first-hand experience of hybrid meetings. I’m sure the first time is going to be a bit rough but in time it’ll much easier. I know because last school year most of the classes at my business were conducted this way. 

Im really grateful for brothers and sisters who pioneer this new solution for the whole brotherhood. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

On 10/19/2021 at 5:28 PM, hatcheckgirl said:

Is Arkansas also partaking in the pilot program? Western Australia is unique in that at the moment there is no covid here in the community because our state is closed off from other Australian states. We have free movement for now. The state has 60% vaccination rate for 12years and up double dose, but still lags behind Sydney which has 80%, but has covid cases and has come out of lockdown. There are no pilot congs there.

No, we have not received a letter yet regarding our state, and I don't think we will anytime soon. We have a mixture of pro vax and anti vax people her, including among our brothers.

On 10/16/2021 at 1:25 PM, jayrtom said:

I was expecting my country to be on the list but we didn't receive any letter as of today

We had this announcement tonight

i was a bit surprised 😮 

Covid is increasing every where😱

it’s only for a few congregations, a pilot 2 month program 

then the letter mentioned the crow from Noah.

I kinda liked that 🤗

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 779 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.