JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Governing Body Announces That Some In-Person Meetings Will Resume in Select Areas

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 778 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

We will use boom mics once we are back to the hall.  The audience should not need to touch the mic

One thing I never liked about boom mics is that the brothers always held it in my line of sight when I'm commenting. I'd have to move it down so I could see the material. Handheld was much better- but I understand why booms have to come back  😦

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

We will use boom mics once we are back to the hall.  The audience should not need to touch the mic

Lesson 10 from live for ever book 🤗

0C6E5AD3-054E-400E-B80E-EEA0EC4951A3.jpeg

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

And by we I meant my congregation.  We were using cordless hand mics.  We bought booms right as pandemic began and we all shut down. 

We did too. I'd love to draw a happy face on the yellow foam covers....😁

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

And by we I meant my congregation.  We were using cordless hand mics.  We bought booms right as pandemic began and we all shut down. 

We had bought the booms and they were on the property but we never had a chance to get them assembled before we closed down.  Our LDC inspection last week had a "check box" about having the boom mikes.  I showed the brother the booms and he said he would pass it but to be sure to get them installed before any meeting was approved.

Our boom mics have used wireless mics for many, many years

Most of the new or renovated KH's I worked in sound on with RBC/LDC got wireless boom mics with the new sound system ... many of them already used boom mics, but for some it eas something new

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Just now, Dismal_Bliss said:

We had been using wireless boom mics for a few years before the pandemic. Our sister congregation wouldn't touch them, lol

Animated GIF

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 hours ago, Hope said:

One thing I never liked about boom mics is that the brothers always held it in my line of sight when I'm commenting. I'd have to move it down so I could see the material. Handheld was much better- but I understand why booms have to come back  😦

My wife had the same problem. 

On 10/17/2021 at 11:39 AM, hatcheckgirl said:

Hey Terri, I’m in your camp - the hoping we can zoom until Armaggedon. But, let’s just see how it goes. You are our guinea pig test case 😹

And it seems other congregations North of the River are involved too, as per MullumMiss's post.

Welcome sister Linda to the forum! Waving from Perth 👋. I have family in Sydney too, so understand the great divide 👍

Just a heads up I am not in Sydney.  I'm in Northern NSW in a little town called Mullumbimby.  We are in the Byron Bay shire.  Most know Byron but don't know Mullumbimby.  Though they may now have heard of Mullumbimby because we are talked about often as the Anti Vax Capital of Australia.  

I witness with a friend in Tasmania on Mondays and asked are they involved in the trial and she said so far they haven't heard anything.  Tasmania are much like WA and Qld with very few if any cases.

On 10/17/2021 at 3:56 AM, Sofia said:

My wardrobe is so small now. I have saved a lot of cash in clothes and shoes these past 20 months. On the other hand, more investments on make up :D:D:D 

Yep, my daughter needs new meeting  shoes as her feet have grown, but has enough dresses still. How did your wardrobe get so small? Did you sell or give away lots of your meeting clothes? I wanted to, but kept the majority of skirts/dresses for when of if we do go back. But I could use a good one-time sweep through give away. Yes too many clothes. 😇

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

3 hours ago, MullumMiss said:

Just a heads up I am not in Sydney.  I'm in Northern NSW in a little town called Mullumbimby.  We are in the Byron Bay shire.  Most know Byron but don't know Mullumbimby.  Though they may now have heard of Mullumbimby because we are talked about often as the Anti Vax Capital of Australia.  

Oh I know where you are.  Thanks for clarifying it though.  Mullimbimby is around 800km north of Sydney in a gorgeous part of North NSW. 

17 hours ago, Janet Hart said:

It will be interesting to see how the pilot program works..... But going forward my husband and I are wondering what will happen if meetings resume and someone from the public wants to attend. Will we turn them away? Will we require a vaccination ID? What if they are not wearing a mask? -- If we have been instructed NOT to study with an individual unless it's on Zoom, then how are we going to sit next to a stranger in the KH? We have a long way to go before we can resume meetings and feel safe doing so. IMO. 

Janet, these in-person meetings we are talking about are just a pilot program, an experiment. They are not open to the public nor even to the whole congregation. Only a few fully vaccinated publishers will be invited to the KH while the rest of the congregation will join by Zoom. The purpose of those meetings is to see how well the mixed in-person/Zoom system works and detect issues that might appear.

As you say we still have a long way to go before we resume meetings as we did in the past. :)

4 hours ago, Lieblingskind said:

How did your wardrobe get so small? Did you sell or give away lots of your meeting clothes?

Oh yes I did 😉

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, carlos said:

Janet, these in-person meetings we are talking about are just a pilot program, an experiment. They are not open to the public nor even to the whole congregation. Only a few fully vaccinated publishers will be invited to the KH while the rest of the congregation will join by Zoom. The purpose of those meetings is to see how well the mixed in-person/Zoom system works and detect issues that might appear.

As you say we still have a long way to go before we resume meetings as we did in the past. :)

They are doing a "testing of the waters" so to speak.  Just like Noah when he sent out the raven and then the dove to test to see if the waters had receded.

They are being extremely cautious about re-opening  KHs.  It will probably be awhile before we are all up and running.

In the meantime may we all be obedient to their directions.

I was wondering will they go by a state /county /city /community level with the rollout. 

Ohio state is at level 4 and Connecticut is at 2 so far on Branch map. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, cme said:

They are doing a "testing of the waters" so to speak.  Just like Noah when he sent out the raven and then the dove to test to see if the waters had receded.

This is a very nice analogy. Thanks! 

14 minutes ago, AH173 said:

I was wondering will they go by a state /county /city /community level with the rollout. 

From what I've read on here it looks like it's on an individual congregation basis.  So, I guess you could say community basis.  Definitely not every congregation in a state or large region (or even a circuit) 

I don't see this happening anywhere in the United States anytime soon, but I've been wrong so often that I really don't know. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 hours ago, AH173 said:

Ohio state is at level 4 and Connecticut is at 2 so far on Branch map. 

Br. Ashley, it may just have been a typo but no state (of the 50 US states) are on the map at Level 2 (Yellow).  Maryland and Connecticut are the only two at Level 3 (Orange).  Everybody else is Level 4 (Res).  The latest map is dated 10-13-21.  A couple of Caribbean nations (under US Branch oversight) have Level 2 status.  

The US is a total hotspot.  And our state of Ohio is one of the worst.  Back on August 1st, Ohio was Level 2 (Yellow) and many (nearly 15) of our nearby states were still in Level 1 (Blue).  What a change 60 days can make.

Sorry the orange caught me off guard. They are indeed orange or 3rd level. Puerto Rico is a 2 yellow. 

My bad. 

Its Monday also. :bringiton:

Edited by AH173

Correction

23 hours ago, Qapla said:

Dwelling on the negative aspects of the how-to's of meetings resuming does not really serve a useful purpose. I am sure the FDS has thought things out quite thorougly and "all things [will] take place decently and by arrangement" (1 Corinthians 14:40)

Instead of wondering how it will be done - why don't we wait until those who participate in these "pilot program" meetings report back to us and get the "facts" - not engage in speculations and possible problems.

I am not dwelling on the negative....only speculating on how we will meet in the future should the Society open the KH again. The world has changed dramatically and I think it's normal to wonder how those changes will affect us.

On 10/17/2021 at 9:09 AM, Qapla said:

get the "facts" - not engage in speculations and possible problems.

That would shut down this entire discussion board...:lol1:

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 778 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.