JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Governing Body Announces That Some In-Person Meetings Will Resume in Select Areas

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 783 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

7 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Are the regulations the same for all the congregations or it can differ as not requiring one to be vaccinated in order to attend?

The conditions are different in every zone, even inside the same country. It depends on the local circumstances and laws. In some places there is no attendance limit, in others it is 50 percent or less. In some zones only those vaccinated can attend the meetings, while in others all are invited.

On 12/9/2021 at 8:34 AM, Eejay said:

It appears that social distancing is applied in some areas whereas hugs are permitted elsewhere.

Yep, we saw that in the GB update #9.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

On 12/9/2021 at 10:34 AM, Eejay said:

It appears that social distancing is applied in some areas whereas hugs are permitted elsewhere.

So, you've had the "booster" yes, what about the flu? We ain't taking no chances here! Got proof? Not on me , then go home and return when you can show PROOF OF THE JABS!!!! My life not yours! Oh please, yes, please!

Get The Shot Community GIF by Kev Lavery

Hello,
I am kindly asking if there was a circular that can be shared from the branch, specifying the in person meeting attendance regulations. 

Are the regulations the same for all the congregations or it can differ as not requiring one to be vaccinated in o

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

7 hours ago, walkr2 said:
On 12/9/2021 at 2:03 AM, Twinkle said:
Hello,
I am kindly asking if there was a circular that can be shared from the branch, specifying the in person meeting attendance regulations. 

Are the regulations the same for all the congregations or it can differ as not requiring one to be vaccinated in o

As several have mentioned, regulations for any in-person meetings will vary from Branch to Branch (even by state or locality).  If you become part of a "pilot" program, you will be given instructions.

In the US Branch elders have been given instructions for various interactions (like assisting the Special Full-Time Servants, non-meeting use of the Kingdom Hall, and so on).  These are not generally circulated documents.  There may be special concerns about publishers even cleaning the Kingdom Hall.

The LDC and DRC have posted regulations for their volunteers.  If you are invited to any type of project you will be told what is the minimum requirements (Yes, currently they require such a volunteer to be vaccinated).

The rules of the government change every week (even every day) so we have to comply with these mandates as well.  If you were inside a public building in New York this week, you would have to be vaccinated or wear a mask and social distance.  Witnesses would comply.

So basically, to answer your question, there is no all-encompassing, general set of rules for the whole organization.

I was asked last week about looking at a problem with the carpet at a CO apartment in our area - one of the questions was if I am "fully vaccinated" - in our area, this is a requirement to work on (or even enter) the CO apartment.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, harmania said:

Are they still doing these test meetings with lots of unknowns with this new variant?

Yes, over here in WA we're still doing meetings at the hall and over zoom, for now. Cases have started in our community, so things might change at any time. The government has mandated masks in indoor settings, so that’s now our new normal.

WA = Western Australia

Edited by hatcheckgirl

We've done hybrid meetings. The Hall is open if you follow regulations, but you can still attend on Zoom if you want. We've had talks given over Zoom, answers provided over the sound system... At least two thirds of our Cong still attend from home, myself included.

With the new variant, people are nervous; because infection rates are skyrocketing.

Gotta be honest, I'm kinda hoping it stays on Zoom come the New Year.

11 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

We've done hybrid meetings.

Gotta be honest, I'm kinda hoping it stays on Zoom come the New Year.

Amen

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

In my area of the world there are too many stiff-necked recalcitrant people for In person Meetings anytime soon.  In the world one might not be surprised to see people acting like a class of recalcitrant 15-year-olds but it is surprising to see it in the brotherhood.

recalcitrant

Spoiler
having an obstinately uncooperative attitude toward authority or discipline.
"a class of recalcitrant fifteen-year-olds"

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

13 hours ago, rocket said:

In my area of the world there are too many stiff-necked recalcitrant people for In person Meetings anytime soon.  In the world one might not be surprised to see people acting like a class of recalcitrant 15-year-olds but it is surprising to see it in the brotherhood.

recalcitrant

Reveal hidden contents
having an obstinately uncooperative attitude toward authority or discipline.
"a class of recalcitrant fifteen-year-olds"

My brother, in these last days we will see many that will fall.  In the days of the ancient nation Isreal, they wondered through the wilderness because of their lack of faith and being stiff necked.  Do not be surprise today.

We are being refined.  We lost alot of friends to Covid.  Maybe some got though they were cautious but, most got it because they did not want the vaccine.  Go figure.  Still a lack of obedience.

Stand firm. Stay the course!

56 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Maybe not exactly "obedience" but a failure to analyze, research and follow the lead of the Governing Body and their pointed advice...💗

Many also died during the first year of pandemic or so when there were no vaccines available. And many others were elderly or had health issues and they could not make it, with or without the vaccine.

I mean, we cannot say someone in particular died because they were disobedient. Some did. Jehovah knows.

Jehovah knows how we are and that we take much time for instructions to sink in... 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️

Especially in the beginning of the pandemic it was total caos and a lot of fear.

Remember Lot...very hesitant...the Angel had to resort to "drag" him out of the city!

By now yes, we have been lovingly  encouraged by the GB to vaccinate. What a relief! Because that is for sure a guideline that we can trust.

However... many are still very hesitant.

Let us continue to take this opportunity to allow Jehovah continue our training:

Obedience 

Patience

Loving kindness 

We don't grow all at the same time, but certainly wish we all did!

Imagine as we enter the great tribulation... The GB will be sending us directives... in which we might need to ACT SWIFTLY...

Let us pray for His Holy Spirit to guide us through. 

🤗

1 hour ago, carlos said:

Many also died during the first year of pandemic or so when there were no vaccines available. And many others were elderly or had health issues and they could not make it, with or without the vaccine.

I mean, we cannot say someone in particular died because they were disobedient. Some did. Jehovah knows.

This true but the GB video specifically stated how many "vaccinated" publishers died (in comparison with the much larger number who were not vaccinated).  Since the number who died grew a lot since an earlier update on the numbers, we can see it is an "on-going" problem.  The elders received additional instruction indicating this is a current view or problem.

As a general, worldly view, I do believe vaccine injury can occur to a very small percentage of people, and would never deny this happening to anyone suffering such associated symptoms. But with that said, looking at the history of where vaccine hesitancy began in modern times, and came across a German documentary. It notably sourced from a man who was a former practicing doctor in the UK, but who was stripped in 2010 of his medical accreditation. He was involved in a 1998 study that falsely claimed a link to autism from the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine (MMR). Andrew Wakefield. After resigning as surgeon in London in 2001, he moved shortly thereafter to the US, and began working in Austin, Texas. He perpetuated this theory through working in Texas, and publishing studies of later non-reproducable findings. He was later found out to be unethically working against the interests of his patients -  instead profiting financially in the sums of millions from his studies and test kits. Because he was found to be guilty of misconduct, it resulted in his license being revoked in the UK in 2010. But by then began the campaign towards vaccine hesitancy and the seeds of doubt were already planted, and without scientific proof or verification. In effect Texas was known to become the "epicenter" of the modern-day, worldwide movement of anti-vaccination.

Vaccine hesitancy has evolved more into a political, right-wing movement about "freedom of liberties".  As a result, former preventable childhood diseases, such as measles, made a stunning resurgence in the past few years, even though back in 2000 WHO declared measles in the US to be cured. With the growing movement, and more vaccine hesitancy, this highly contagious disease would resurge in the US due to spread coming from travelling to other countries, where the unvaccinated would catch it from coughing and sneezing. In worst cases, the disease would lead healthy children to acute encephalitis, which resulted in permanent brain damage. Or in some children respiratory and neurological complications resulting in death. Something completely preventable from taking the vaccine.

Wakefield's influence and notoriety would spread globally, with many supporters, and groups of anti-vaccine protestors gathering together to hear Wakefield speak around the world, in a sect-like manner. When just watching a glimpse of these protests and speeches from the German documentary, the one thing they had in common was the following: fight, fight, fight against the establishment, along with aggressive demonstrations, and dramatic claims. There is no scientific basis regarding this claim of autism due to the MMR vaccine, nor many other claims that Wakefield and his followers have promoted. Many of it is has turned into a big business. His test treatments alone for an everyday family cost $5000. USD.

With that said, every person must make informed choices about whether or not to take the COVID vaccine, and must weigh this against his or her individual health profile, or if there are any potential allergic reactions to ingredients that could be induced. The problem today is that most people don't know where to start searching, are unfamiliar with medical terminology, perhaps have inborn fears of the vaccine or needles, and may find the best or perhaps easiest route is to simply resist and start falling into the hands of radical activists. This is where soundness of mind comes in, and also very important, a thorough discussion with one's own doctor to understand the facts and science about the vaccine, and how it could affect one's own health.

Already millions around the world have been vaccinated with the COVID vaccines. The test trials have never been done with so many participants compared to other vaccination trials before. But there is that dividing line of politicization that we are careful not to get influenced by.

The GB has been clear in it's message about the need for vaccination and to remain in the "land of the living." There is a plethora of scientific evidence and medical proof for doing so. 🙏

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

• 3 weeks later...

Listen...this is the only reason I decided to be vaccinated for COVID. I have great doubts if the shot is really effective due to the cases still happening despite being vaccinated. But if this is what the GB wants me to do to be back with my spiritually family, I shall heed the counsel of Jehovah's chosen slave. That's what makes it worth it to me. I hate needles, I have no faith in these greedy medics around me here, or in their limited knowledge. But again, if the GB recommends it, I will obey them. Soon NO NEEDLES OR MEDICS will be a "modern thing", but more a thing of the past.

In-person meeting for my congregation (not sure of rest of Western Australia) is on hold for Tuesday and Saturday this week. We have mask mandate again due to Omicron cases increasing in the community. But also, we are expecting another week of temperatures in the low 40s, so wearing a mask at the meeting is uncomfortable. 

So we are zooming again, and I’m thankful our elders are being prudent and looking carefully at the situation as it changes. The announcement we got said it will be reviewed after Saturday. And we know how fast omicron can spread. A week is a long time. But, we’ll wait and see if the pilot program continues for much longer over here. 

3 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

temperatures in the low 40s. ????

Perhaps low 30's (centigrade) Probably next week, expect temperature to hit the low 40's. Even now Perth is expected to have a maximum temperature of 39 ° C. Wow that's really hot. 

image.png.a6b0fc203556c70723c7b7d2de9d2db6.png

Edited by happiness IS

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 783 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.