JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Covid-19 Vaccine Research, Development, Ingredients and Reactions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 836 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, zoebarry said:

Such a shocking fact would be recorded by other sources.  Are there any other sources other than this website that actually admits its biased against mainstream media?

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

Such a shocking fact would be recorded by other sources.  Are there any other sources other than this website that actually admits its biased against mainstream media?

https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/news/2021/07/28/iceland_to_be_put_on_red_list_thursday/

Its easy to find  other sources, IF YOU LOOK....

Try using duckduckgo.com instead of Google for a change....

Some of you are worryed about mRNA vaccines undergo reverse transcriptase enzyme and end up being incorporated in our DNA?
No. This is NOT possible. Humans don’t have reverse transcriptase and are unable to synthesize it, unless we get infected by a retrovirus. If we’re infected by a retrovirus that exact thing does happen, with a viral genome.
Why are so many anti-vaxxers indifferent about an infection with a virus that obviously does get incorporated in your genome (like HIV) but frightned, absolutely frightned an mRNA vaccine that can’t do that anyway will do the same?
If you’re afraid of how the mRNA vaccine might change your genome then you must be absolutely terrified other viral infection (HIV, Leukemia virus), because they do change something in your genome. Ok, we will not be transformed in non-humans! But our genome can be altered. 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

4 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Iceland is experiencing its largest Covid-19 wave to date despite nearly 100% of all adults being vaccinated

https://dailyexpose.co.uk/2021/08/09/iceland-is-experiencing-its-largest-covid-19-wave-to-date-despite-nearly-100-of-all-adults-being-vaccinated/

Grace, think of what those figures actually are saying.

In Iceland, a country with a population of 350,000, there are 1,384 cases detected and only 24 covid patients sick enough to be in hospital.

Now compare those figures to, for example, Alabama, one of the US states with the lowest vaccination rate. Population 4,900,000, roughly fourteen times that of Iceland. This last week there were 17,509 cases detected and 1,964 hospitalized patients (according to https://www.alreporter.com/mapping-coronavirus-in-alabama/).

With a population 14 times bigger the number of cases is 13 times higher, a little less than expected. Yet the number of people in hospital is 1,964 vs 24, that is, 82 times bigger!

So what those numbers prove is that, while the vaccine will not prevent people from catching the virus, it will reduce enormously the chances of ending up in hospital or dying due to it.

Edited by carlos

30 minutes ago, carlos said:

So what those numbers prove is that, while the vaccine will not prevent people from catching the virus, it will reduce enormously the chances of ending up in hospital or dying due to it.

Which means, as has been said all along, that the vaccines are doing exactly what they have been designed to do, and are in fact performing better than what had been expected.

Funny that the headline says "Iceland is experiencing its largest Covid-19 wave to date despite nearly 100% of all adults being vaccinated" and yet the first paragraph admits "as of the 6th August 77% of the entire population had been vaccinated."

How's that for crazy sensationalism :D

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Interestingly CNN has this article today:

(CNN) — France and Iceland are among seven destinations added on Monday to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's highest risk category for travel.
Travel should be avoided to locations carrying the "Level 4: Covid-19 very high" notice, according to CDC guidance. Anyone who must travel should be fully vaccinated first, the agency advises.
The seven destinations added to the Level 4 list on August 9 are:

• Aruba
• Eswatini (formerly Swaziland)
• France
• French Polynesia
• Iceland
• Israel
• Thailand
In its wider travel guidance, the CDC recommends against all international travel until you are fully vaccinated.
"Fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to get and spread Covid-19. However, international travel poses additional risks, and even fully vaccinated travelers might be at increased risk for getting and possibly spreading some Covid-19 variants," the agency said.
?atr=cnn,CNNtravelnewsleafbst

21 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer the questions.>:D<

You are so wellcome 🤗

thank you so much for your time on transcripts 🙏🙏🙏

we all can do something here for the benefit of all 😘

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, carlos said:

Grace, think of what those figures actually are saying.

In Iceland, a country with a population of 350,000, there are 1,384 cases detected and only 24 covid patients sick enough to be in hospital.

Now compare those figures to, for example, Alabama, one of the US states with the lowest vaccination rate. Population 4,900,000, roughly fourteen times that of Iceland. This last week there were 17,509 cases detected and 1,964 hospitalized patients (according to https://www.alreporter.com/mapping-coronavirus-in-alabama/).

With a population 14 times bigger the number of cases is 13 times higher, a little less than expected. Yet the number of people in hospital is 1,964 vs 24, that is, 82 times bigger!

Exactly 

thank you!

17 minutes ago, Nancy M said:

Travel should be avoided to locations carrying the "Level 4: Covid-19 very high" notice, according to CDC guidance. Anyone who must travel should be fully vaccinated first, the agency advises.

Excellent advice from the CDC. It's a no-brainer if you think about it. 

18 minutes ago, Nancy M said:

Fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to get and spread Covid-19.

^ Truth!

18 minutes ago, Nancy M said:

even fully vaccinated travelers might be at increased risk for getting and possibly spreading some Covid-19 variants,

^ Also true. 

That would be like putting on SPF 50 and then taking a trip to the sun, lol.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Then why did you ask for other sources than the original?

Because we were given some wonderful instructions on trusting the media.  Specifically we were given guidelines in the December 2013 Awake! on how we can be balanced in what news outlets we trust:

A Need for Balance

While it is wise not to believe everything we read in the news, it does not follow that there is nothing we can trust. The key may be to have a healthy skepticism, while keeping an open mind.

The Bible says: “Does not the ear itself test out words as the palate tastes food?” (Job 12:11) Here, then, are some tips that will help us to test out the words we hear and read:

PROVIDER: Does the report come from a credible, authoritative person or organization? Does the program or publication have a reputation for seriousness or for sensationalism? Who provide the funds for the news source?

SOURCES: Is there evidence of thorough research? Is the story based on just one source? Are the sources reliable, fair, and objective? Are they balanced, or have they been selected to convey only one point of view?

PURPOSE: Ask yourself: ‘Is the news item primarily to inform or entertain? Is it trying to sell or support something?’

TONE: When the tone of a news item is angry, spiteful, or highly critical, it suggests that an attack is under way and not a reasoned argument.

CONSISTENCY: Are the facts consistent with those in other articles or reports? If stories contradict one another, be careful!

TIMELINESS: Is the information recent enough to be acceptable? Something thought to be correct 20 years ago may be discounted today. On the other hand, if the news item is a breaking story, it may lack complete and comprehensive information.

So, how does "Daily Expose" match up with this list?

Provider - Are they a credible, authoritative person or organization?  Do they have a history of reliable news reporting and journalistic integrity?  

Tone - What is the tone?  The tone of "Daily Expose" is "mainstream media cannot be trusted because they always lie to you."  Speaking in absolutes is rarely a tone of integrity.  

While their "about us" statement vilifies mainstream media for telling lies and half truths, spins the narrative to support a point of view, and that they are tired of the fear mongering, the linked story about Iceland seems to be the exact opposite.  As pointed out above by @Dismal_Bliss and @carlos, the Iceland story headline is sensationalized, fear mongering, and promoting a spin.  In fact the headline stating "nearly 100% vaccinated" and the first paragraph stating "77% vaccinated" really illustrates this point.  You and I might, in casual conversation, say that a $77 fee is "nearly $100," but a news headline carries more weight than casual conversation.  

Now, Daily Expose is not making the information up.  As confirmed by the Iceland Monitor and the CNN references, Iceland is an area of concern.  

It's good to have other sources.  As a skeptical person, I don't trust a news source that appears to be biased and playing on people's fears and Daily Expose appears to be that type of site.  

30 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Because we were given some wonderful instructions on trusting the media.  Specifically we were given guidelines in the December 2013 Awake! on how we can be balanced in what news outlets we trust:

So, how does "Daily Expose" match up with this list?

Provider - Are they a credible, authoritative person or organization?  Do they have a history of reliable news reporting and journalistic integrity?  

Tone - What is the tone?  The tone of "Daily Expose" is "mainstream media cannot be trusted because they always lie to you."  Speaking in absolutes is rarely a tone of integrity.  

While their "about us" statement vilifies mainstream media for telling lies and half truths, spins the narrative to support a point of view, and that they are tired of the fear mongering, the linked story about Iceland seems to be the exact opposite.  As pointed out above by @Dismal_Bliss and @carlos, the Iceland story headline is sensationalized, fear mongering, and promoting a spin.  In fact the headline stating "nearly 100% vaccinated" and the first paragraph stating "77% vaccinated" really illustrates this point.  You and I might, in casual conversation, say that a $77 fee is "nearly $100," but a news headline carries more weight than casual conversation.  

Now, Daily Expose is not making the information up.  As confirmed by the Iceland Monitor and the CNN references, Iceland is an area of concern.  

It's good to have other sources.  As a skeptical person, I don't trust a news source that appears to be biased and playing on people's fears and Daily Expose appears to be that type of site.  

So while I agree with the reasons for additional sources, I was confused why then after I did provide an additional resource, you then stated you didn’t care. 

4 hours ago, Nancy M said:

Interestingly CNN has this article today:

(CNN) — France and Iceland are among seven destinations added on Monday to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's highest risk category for travel.
The seven destinations added to the Level 4 list on August 9 are:

• Aruba
• Eswatini (formerly Swaziland)
• France
• French Polynesia
• Iceland
• Israel
• Thailand
In its wider travel guidance, the CDC recommends against all international travel until you are fully vaccinated.
"Fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to get and spread Covid-19. However, international travel poses additional risks, and even fully vaccinated travelers might be at increased risk for getting and possibly spreading some Covid-19 variants," the agency said.
?atr=cnn,CNNtravelnewsleafbst

All these posts about travel sound to me like sc-fi as Australian borders are completely shut. (Apart from buble travel when we are not in lockdowns, namely travel to New Zealand) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Question. Travel should be avoided...  CDC recommends...  So, are the borders open or shut to these locations? 

I mean, the US Canada border just reopened Monday and that is only for US citizens going to and from Canada.  Canadian citizens still cannot enter the US but that is scheduled to change on the 21st.  

It's one thing to recommend not going to another country, and quite another to actually close the border and restrict travel. 

Question. Travel should be avoided...  CDC recommends...  So, are the borders open or shut to these locations? 

I mean, the US Canada border just reopened Monday and that is only for US citizens going to and from Canada.  Canadian citizens still cannot enter the US but that is scheduled to change on the 21st.  

It's one thing to recommend not going to another country, and quite another to actually close the border and restrict travel. 

Only fully vaccinated Americans can cross border to Canada
Three pieces of evidence required:
1. Vaccination proof (app)
2. Negative test within 72 hours
3. Passport

Let’s see what August 21 brings when USA supposed to lift travel ban.

On 8/10/2021 at 1:33 PM, Shawnster said:

We have a trip to the US scheduled for the end of September, but so far Europeans are not allowed to enter the US, even if fully vaccinated (aside from a few exceptional situations). We are hoping that restriction is softened on August 21st. Otherwise we will have to organized a different vacation.

In Europe there are recommendations not to visit certain areas but the borders are not shut, you can go there if you wish (or need to).

Edited by carlos

On 8/10/2021 at 6:33 AM, carlos said:

Edited yesterday at 06:43 AM by carlos

Yes thankyou I don’t know why people the media etc are not understanding this!

Even if you have the vaccine even double dosed you can still catch the virus, it just mean your risk ending up in hospital or ICU are extremely lower. I think the media just like talking about the rise in cases even though people are vaccinated. 

Can someone more medically trained than my knowledge explain this to me?

I, like others who are afraid have been waiting for a more traditional vaccination, or something besides the 'newish but not new' technology shots. So novavax was one I was keeping an eye on...

Now I get that a shot should be FDA approved as has been tradition (most shots took years). But the mRNA NEWER technology ones were emergency approved and given everywhere. And we still don't know long term of those. Novavax which is using more traditional and thus longer tried methods, and ones we know more about even if we don't know them all in THIS virus, gets instantly shut down until it's approved and not allowed to get emergency approved?

Seems kind of unfair... Especially for the vaccine hesitant that have been waiting on this.

unknown.png

Edit: Whole Article : https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/08/covid-19-vaccinemaker-novavax-faces-manufacturing-setback

Edited by Nirex

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

Looks like quality control stepped in, here. 🤷🏽‍♀️.  How is that unfair?

Keep in mind that the FDA only has power in the US - current vaccines around the world don't need their approval. FDA aren't the end all/be all to ultimate safety. The fact that they've approved what we do have for emergency usage in the US- and we're indeed in an emergency situation- seems fine to me.

I've been super okay with my Pfizer jabs, like millions of other people. I'm definitely not interested in a vaccine shut down because of inconsistent quality issues 🧐

38 minutes ago, Nirex said:

Can someone more medically trained than my knowledge explain this to me?

Im here. Any questions I can answer.

There´s a lot of political issues on these vaccines.

It´s not usual to find a jab for a respiratory virus and give it into a muscle.

It´s simply weird.

but that´s what they came up as fast as possible. those are called EMERGENCY jabs because in fact better developed ones will certainly apear with time.

In Portugal scientists are developing a intra nasal vaccine, which makes more sense, has less side effects and it stimulates the local immunity. possible preventing the virus spreading, unlike those intra-muscular jabs.

but its far from being aproved....

This is a Satan World... politics rule it... it´s all so imperfect.

If we are waiting for the perfect vaccine to apear, we can get the virus.

Some...covid  it´s not very harmful

Others covid can be deadly

Others survive but suffer long consequences months after getting it :( like me and my family

of course the decision is up to the person. But we all must be aware of what I wrote here.

Hugs, sister Regina :)

I just like to remind everyone: the main protection against Sars Cov 2 lies upon T-Cells. Memory cells in your bone marrow.

Not in antibodies.

we cannot have a lot of antibodies PERMANENTLY circulating in our blood stream. So when you read or hear that the immunity is fading away in covid recovered or covid vaccinated simply disregard it.

Its NORMAL that antibodies wean after months, 4 months after I got covid I had almost ZERO levels of IgG! antibodies against sars Cov 2

But I was full of T-cells, in fact till now.

Our marvelous imune system Jehovah has created is very powerful, well designed to protect us.

I dont believe in third shots because antibodies declined... 😕😕 

That´s rubbish. 

Our bone marrows still have memory, still can produce again the antibodies necessary if we get in contact with coronavirus again.

Edited by Sofia

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

That´s rubbish. 

Our bone marrows still have memory, still can produce again the antibodies necessary if we get in contact with coronavirus again.

What about the 'Big bone' ones of us like me? 

Will I have more big boned memory in my marrow? 

😃

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible