JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Covid-19 Vaccine Research, Development, Ingredients and Reactions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 809 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, vern said:

Origin and Preclinical Analysis

Ofatumumab was generated in transgenic mice using the following protocol: Transgenic mice were immunized with human CD20 transfected cells using a prime-boost strategy. Hybridoma that secreted human IgG1 anti-CD20 antibodies were extracted from successfully immunized mice.13,14 Using genetic engineering techniques, heavy and light chain genes from one human anti- CD20 cell line, 2F2, were transfected into a murine myeloma cell line (NS/O) for production of ofatumumab.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2726602/

Hi Vern..You posted information on a drug for MS..interesting, but how does this relate to Regeneron?

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

So... The first link had a list of mono.... Whatever its spelled.... List of 20 items thats basiclly the same thing.

Try those links...

Perhaps you.ll see.

On a phone.... Busy...

Trying to to offend poeple.... But its all right there if younwant to see it.

Will people who have contracted Covid will inevitably fall victim to brain problems? Is it reversible?

https://www.rfi.fr/en/france/20211022-eu-research-reveals-long-term-brain-damage-caused-by-covid

(RFI is a French news broadcaster)

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

53 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Will people who have contracted Covid will inevitably fall victim to brain problems? Is it reversible?

https://www.rfi.fr/en/france/20211022-eu-research-reveals-long-term-brain-damage-caused-by-covid

(RFI is a French news broadcaster)

Too soon to tell

i had brain fog for 12 months

i fully recovered. those who were set up in coma and ventilators suffer more

due also to poor oxigenation

i know some have not recovered yet

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

After hearing this video, I think it is best to request for the vaccine injection to be aspirated to make sure its not an intra-veinous injection.

Are poor injection techniques causing blood clots and myocarditis?
The normal way of doing an intramuscular injection is to aspirate i.e. after the needle is injected to pull it out for a little to see if there is blood. If there is blood then is an intra-veinous injection.

1:09 It seems the WHO & CDC decided not to aspirate for injecting vaccines but it means a small percentage may get an intra-veinous injection.

11:30 The HongKong Lab studies showed mice with vaccine injected intra-veinously developed myocarditis or pericarditis.

13:24 I have encouraged my patients  who are getting vaccinated to politely ask the nurse pharmacist or is vaccinating to aspirate  before injecting. You can watch them of course aspirate if you're so inclined.

Too soon to tell
i had brain fog for 12 months
i fully recovered. those who were set up in coma and ventilators suffer more
due also to poor oxigenation
i know some have not recovered yet

“Taking the example of the Spanish flu, which happened just over a century ago, people who didn't die from it had a greater probability of developing neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's later in life.”

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I am scheduled to take the monoclonal antibodies tomorrow morning. It is day 3 after my first positive result, i was negative 4 days ago.  I have zero symptoms.  I don't know if it's just too early or maybe I'm not going to get sick? I was vaccinated. I'm just not sure about taking this treatment. I'm going to pray about it some more and keep reading but I'm getting conflicting information even from here. I may just cancel.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/your-unvaccinated-friend-is-roughly-20-times-more-likely-to-give-you-covid-19/43645752-e9b9-4321-b669-bded1bb339ab

What exactly is the risk of catching COVID from someone who’s unvaccinated? What’s the relative risk?

Recent reports from the Victorian Department of Health find that unvaccinated people are ten times more likely to contract COVID than vaccinated people.

We also know that vaccinated people are less likely to transmit the disease even if they become infected. The Doherty modelling from August puts the reduction at around 65 per cent, although more recent research has suggested a lower estimate for AstraZeneca. Hence for this thought experiment, we’ll take a lower value of 50 per cent.

If I were spending time with an unvaccinated person, then there’s some probability they’re infected and will infect me. However, if they were vaccinated, they’re ten times less likely to be infected and half as likely to infect me, following the numbers above.

Hence we arrive at a 20-fold reduction in risk when hanging out with a vaccinated person compared to someone who’s not vaccinated.

Increasing our coverage across the board will help protect those who aren’t fully protected by vaccination, whether that’s by eligibility, medical reasons or choice. Those at higher risk also enjoy the risk reduction if they’re able to mix primarily with vaccinated people.

The calculation holds true whether you yourself are vaccinated or not. But being vaccinated provides a ten-fold reduction for yourself, which is on top of the risk reduction that comes from people you’re mixing with being vaccinated.

The takeaway: 

We arrive at a 20-fold reduction in risk when hanging out with a vaccinated person compared to someone who’s not vaccinated. The calculation holds true whether you yourself are vaccinated or not. But being vaccinated provides a ten-fold reduction for yourself, which is on top of the risk reduction that comes from people you’re mixing with being vaccinated.

C7D470D9-3B99-4E16-88E3-FF079D20A7D4.thumb.jpeg.225021be69345d146a70b90c5456f0d4.jpeg

** The rider is that these figures hold true for a set of circumstances, but things are always changing. If you’ve  had your vaccination more than 6 month ago, then you’ll need a booster to maintain this sort of immunity. The type of vaccine also affects the numbers.

However I thought it useful to post to show that you are far more protected having vaccination and hanging around vaccinated people (up to 200-fold), and each one of us can see how this affects us and who we choose to hang out with, including places that allow mixed vaccination status. 

7 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

then you’ll need a booster to maintain this sort of immunity.

But what happens 6 months after booster? another booster? :facepalmpo2:I not sure if I am comfortable to keep receiving series of boosters...hmmm (I am double vaccinated now) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Unvaxx would need to have the virus active to spread it... Once a person has immunity.they don.t spread it. Hence the 10 day quarantines....   At some point enough have immunity.....   There no one left to infect without immunity...

What happened to tbe original numbers of it being less deadly then the flu?

And the vaccunes don.t prevent spread... They have been upfront about this all along.... So i.m not sure why all the fuss.... Mandates are hog wash... I don.t want russian roulette with side effects.

I.ll wear a badge if it makes poeple feel better.  But taking my job is.... Insert choice word...

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

But what happens 6 months after booster? another booster? :facepalmpo2:I not sure if I am comfortable to keep receiving series of boosters...hmmm (I am double vaccinated now) 

No need to keep the antibodies up

the memory cells limphocytes carry the necessary immunity 

they don’t fade away but are not easily measurable 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, M.J. said:

@Sofia Are you saying after the first booster, or no need for any booster at all?

And what about if the virus keeps changing, wouldn't we need a booster that has an updated formula to protect against the new variants?

Am saying that in a good body imune system just a shot is enough

two better 

but I don’t see needing for more shots

giving the actual scientific evidence 

variants?

the virus is the same. Only a few nucleotides change

this virus is very stable doesn’t change so

the pity is the inefficiency of jabs if they are not well preserved 

you may get a totally useless jab if the preservation in cold was disrupted 

I advice everyone to measure you antibodies level at a pharmacy or lab about a month up to 3 months after last jab 

then you know 🥰

2 hours ago, vern said:

Once a person has immunity.they don.t spread it.

If you’ve been exposed you can potentially spread it.

Once a person has been quarantined and they don’t display symptoms after a negative test, then it’s safe to say they aren’t spreading it. That’s if you’ve been vaccinated or not.

“If you are not fully vaccinated, a 14-day quarantine remains the best way to avoid spreading the virus to others after you've been exposed to someone with COVID-19. According to CDC guidelines, you may discontinue quarantine after a minimum of 10 days if you do not have any symptoms, or after a minimum of seven days if you have a negative COVID test within 48 hours of when you plan to end quarantine.“ From Harvard Health website. Most countries have something similar.

Vern, what I quoted above shows that without the vaccine, you are much more likely to catch covid. If you’ve already had covid, either caught it or have the protection from a vaccine, your chances improve dramatically of not passing it on or catching it, but that depends on a number of factors including who you are mixing with.

11 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

We arrive at a 20-fold reduction in risk when hanging out with a vaccinated person compared to someone who’s not vaccinated. The calculation holds true whether you yourself are vaccinated or not. But being vaccinated provides a ten-fold reduction for yourself, which is on top of the risk reduction that comes from people you’re mixing with being vaccinated.

Stay safe my brother.

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

I advice everyone to measure you antibodies level at a pharmacy or lab about a month up to 3 months after last jab 

then you know 🥰

I do not know anywhere that offers this service.

Additionally, my understanding is that antibody levels naturally decline, but it's the T Cells that contain the memory. So, since my last jab was April, I don't have that many active antibodies but, since I am vaccinated, my memory T cells are on stand by and ready to "recruit" new antibodies if needed. 

COVID vaccines stronger than natural immunity: CDC study | PIX11

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – A new study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) suggests that vaccines offer much stronger immunity to COVID-19 than natural immunity.

Researchers analyzed data from nearly 200 hospitals across the country, and concluded that COVID vaccines still offer better protection than a previous COVID infection. Specifically, the CDC report found that unvaccinated adults with previous COVID infection were 5.49 times more likely to be re-infected than fully vaccinated individuals with no previously documented infection.

Doctors say this study contains good information for vaccine holdouts, or people looking to gain immunity by simply getting sick with COVID-19. The latter, experts say, is especially risky, because it can lead to hospitalization or death. 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 hours ago, Shawnster said:

since I am vaccinated, my memory T cells are on stan

Shawn.... I think the vaccine doesn.t give you memory abilities... I think its natural immunity that does....  The vaccine seems to be a pre done program to spew out protiens that hopefully will in someway be usefull.... Being that vaccinated need  .boosters.   It doesn.t give memory.  

Thats my understanding.... 

The boosters from what they said here on the news we’re required as it takes 7 to 10 days for the response to be robust enough and new variants build up much quicker.
I believe but can’t remember exactly  that the delta variant can take only 3 days + to build up to bad levels. 
So boosters will help to attack quicker. 

Probably makes no sense but I confirmed the t cells response time before typing. 😊

4 hours ago, vern said:

Thats my understanding.... 

The purpose of vaccines is to train your body to recognize invading viruses. 

This is the same thing that happens when someone contracts a virus. Their natural immunity is trained to recognize and fight the invading virus.  The drawback, or downside to this is that you are invaded by the virus.  A war wages inside your body. In some cases the virus overwhelms the patient and they suffer the consequences, sometimes including death. 

The goal or purpose of a vaccine is to train tour body's natural immune system without actually contracting the virus.  Your body is not a war zone and you don't risk being overwhelmed by the invading virus. In the future, if you are exposed to a virus that attempts to invade, your body is prepared and can fight the invaders off without your body falling victim to a full scale war. 

So, no, this vaccine is not different in the ultimate goal.  It's only different from a traditional vaccine in how your body's immune system is trained to fight. 

2 hours ago, vern said:

So you don.t need boosters so early?

I shared a post back in September:  FDA advisory panel rejects widespread Pfizer booster shot

So, no, I don't fully understand the push for the booster.  The way @Sofia explains it is that the antibodies do die off, but your T-cells keep the memory.  So, yes, 6 months after the vaccine your antibody count will be lower than right after the shot, but the same is true even if you catch Covid - 6 months or so after you recover your antibody count is lower.  That's the way our bodies work.  The antibodies are not always active and they don't need to be.  When the war is over the soldiers go home, but the body remembers how to make soldiers for any future invasion.

What the boosters do is put new soldiers in your body.  Once again you have active anti bodies that are immediately ready to fight the covid virus if you encounter it.  The active antibodies may prevent you from contracting covid.  

I'm sure @Sofia can explain it better.

3 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

I shared a post back in September:  FDA advisory panel rejects widespread Pfizer booster shot

So, no, I don't fully understand the push for the booster.  The way @Sofia explains it is that the antibodies do die off, but your T-cells keep the memory.  So, yes, 6 months after the vaccine your antibody count will be lower than right after the shot, but the same is true even if you catch Covid - 6 months or so after you recover your antibody count is lower.  That's the way our bodies work.  The antibodies are not always active and they don't need to be.  When the war is over the soldiers go home, but the body remembers how to make soldiers for any future invasion.

What the boosters do is put new soldiers in your body.  Once again you have active anti bodies that are immediately ready to fight the covid virus if you encounter it.  The active antibodies may prevent you from contracting covid.  

I'm sure @Sofia can explain it better.

Antibodies circulating in body are easier to measure 

that’s why governments want us to take boosts so often

its hard to measure memory T cells….