JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Covid-19 Vaccine Research, Development, Ingredients and Reactions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 794 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I am not pro-vaccine

I am not antivaccine

Everyone has to make up their own mind whether or not to get the vaccine.  I am fine with that.

The GB has definitely strengthened what I already believed about the vaccine.  I have to go with the science.  This will probably be my last comment on this post.  I see no reason to post anything else.

10 hours ago, Lance said:

So we may disagree with that direction…

Dear Lance, did I miss this? Did they direct me to take the vaccine? Or rather did they make their own choice known as a guide instead. 

I know some who are loudly proclaiming that the Governing Body will rue the day that they recommended this coarse of safety and that they will have blood guilt on their hands.😳

Sad but true.

I agree with much of your post indeed! 😀 however I have NEVER heard a brother or sister say such a thing as you quote here. 
Surely nobody would say such a thing. I only hope now that when people read these posts they don’t subconsciously think: “oh those unvaccinated individuals have such an unkind or rebellious spirit to the FDS!”

Because the only place I ever heard this came from YOU. 🤐

Getting into debates solves nothing and protects no one from the divisive tactics of Satan.. 

Acts and Romans are full of debates. Are we no longer allowed to do this?
Should it be done respectfully of that there is no doubt.

I had no intention of adding anything to my last quite comprehensive post , but I couldn’t let people read this thinking that I (or the many other brothers and sisters who feel similar) would even dream of pointing the finger at the FDS for blood guilt, as they have clearly said it’s our own choice.

It might be another matter if one felt bullied into taking something they hadn’t truly consented to (unless you count consent by coercion as true consent).  Informed consent is quite comprehensive and as a dental nurse it’s something we always are careful to extract from a patient. Whether it’s implied consent (they listened to the risks and nodded) or signed consent, but it should always strive to be “informed”

I’ll assume that those who received their vaccine got the “insert” stating the risks and that it’s safety data is as yet unknown (not possible in this short period it takes 10+ years) and that they consented to receiving a drug that is still under stage 3 clinical trials (that’s you and me dear reader we are stage 3). Also that you realise the pharmaceutical companies have indemnity against vaccine injury and your life insurance (may) not cover you. If you consented to this that’s true INFORMED consent.

If one feels they didn’t want to take it JUST YET (taking a waiting attitude) but then were told they had to for their job or other mandatory reason then this IS consent albeit consent by coercion.

…..sorry I realised I went on about consent there because it’s drummed into us in clinical practice, but I don’t know if people realise these things…

Sorry I didnt agree with you fully Lance I mean no disrespect at all and in fact I pray before every post hoping to not offend at all. If I do then that’s not my intention. 
My only intention is truth.

kind regards 

Jo

I think for me the neighbors I come across in the world who aren't vaccinated are very vocal about it and feel that it's some kind of conspiracy from the government, without really understanding fully how vaccines work or what's in them. I think many are led to believe that the vaccine = poison.

In contrast, it's great that the brothers and sisters who haven't taken the vaccine are doing their best to educate themselves and done their own research to find out the ingredients and how it personally affects their own health. I have researched, too, and have learned the science of how our bodies naturally use mrnA's as a transportation method on a cellular level. It is nothing new and is used in our bodies in a physiological, normal functioning way. The physiology of our bodies is amazing that it can produce by itself what is needed to fight off viruses or infections. But with some strains of aggressive viruses, the body alone can't fight it without going into dangerous, even life-threatening situations in some people. Thus the world declares -> pandemic.

As the data has shown worldwide, the number of people who have died from COVID-19, and compared to the length since it has appeared is far more dangerous than the common cold. Regardless if we personally know of those who have died or not. Maybe we don't see or hear it, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, right?

For my anti-vaccine neighbours, I have asked them personally why they feel that way, and sad to say, it's not based on factual information, especially a few elderly ones. It's often a result of they themselves receiving misinformation on their phones, or having contact with others who refuse it but don't have the medical information to back up their view. The danger comes when we start talking like the vaccine is from the devil, as some in the world actually do believe it is. When asked "are you vaccinated?" by such individuals this can be a test of our neutrality when we explain our reasons. I always direct them to our official stance on our website, and trying to avoid the politics of it, but instead use it as a way to witness about better times.

Because even when we agree with them, what benefit does it serve to start talking about the politics of COVID-19, vaccination or government restrictions/mask wearing? That a certain number of people died from not being vaccinated, or from being vaccinated would only fuel the fire. Yes the world is about economics and yes, it doesn't always have the best interests of citizens, but like Jesus said we are "no part of the world." Jesus didn't encourage his disciples to start protesting against the Romans at that time, nor do we today.

Of course we are all concerned about people's health, and of each other, but we trust that everyone is old enough to do their own research and make their own conscience decisions. I have known ones to have literally put terrible fear into their relatives about taking a certain course of actions, that it has unfortunately pushed them out of the truth - not saying anyone on here does that, but let our views be balanced!

I don't post or hate on those against the vaccine on here. The majority who have been vaccinated on the forums, have lived to say that the vaccine didn't kill them, although maybe had some kind of side effect, but served to strength their immune systems. For those with long-covid, getting vaccinated has even cured them of the long symptoms they dealt with after being infected naturally.

Those who haven't gotten vaccinated for health reasons need to take extra precautions, and those who just don't want to have to remember that it serves no purpose to advertise the possible dangers of the vaccine or its ingredients, especially to those with weaker immune systems, and in effect playing doctor, which last I checked with the exception of 1-2, no one is, and could have grave consequences for some who do not build their immune response.

Great that everyone has done their own research...be proud that we are no part of the world...stay firm in that we don't engage people in the world or in the truth to start debating about the pros and cons of vaccination, and thereby falling into politics. Like the apostle Paul wrote: "Good health to you!" - Acts 15:29

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

1 hour ago, Honeybarrel said:

I agree with much of your post indeed! 😀 however I have NEVER heard a brother or sister say such a thing as you quote here. 
Surely nobody would say such a thing. I only hope now that when people read these posts they don’t subconsciously think: “oh those unvaccinated individuals have such an unkind or rebellious spirit to the FDS!”

Because the only place I ever heard this came from YOU. 🤐

Josephine, have you been able to watch the Governing Body update #9 that was released Nov. 12, 2021?  Here is the exact wording from the broadcast.

They aren’t motivated by some personal view or political agenda. They love us. They want the best for us. I hear someone ask, ‘What do they know?’ Wrong question. I think the right question is, What does Jehovah know? It comes down to this, friends: ● Do I really believe that Jehovah is directing this organization today? ● Do I believe that Jehovah will give insight to his faithful people so they can remain “in the land of the living,” as the psalmist said? ● To repeat the question we often raise in field service, Does God really care?

Notice the part that I made bold.  The Governing Body has heard people complain about the direction and example being given from the Governing Body.  Now, Lance's words are not an exact quote from the update, but they do convey the same thought.  There are people in Jehovah's Organization that have made negative or critical comments about the lead and example being set for us.  Governing Body updates #7 - #9 have been presented to us in response to the negative comments that are being made.  It's wonderful that you have not heard any negative comments about the Governing Body or their example and direction during this pandemic, but it's clear that the Governing Body has heard negative and critical comments.

Acts and Romans are full of debates. Are we no longer allowed to do this?
Should it be done respectfully of that there is no doubt.

What is there to debate?  Some Christians want and accept the vaccine.  Some Christians don't.  There is nothing to debate.  (Galatians 6:5) For each one will carry his own load.  If each one of us minds our own business and only worries about ourselves, there is nothing to debate.  

Josephine, I'm going to share the exact wording from the direction to the elders that was in a letter dated September 27, 2021.  Up until now we've shared the substance of this direction, but now I'm going to share the exact wording of just this one paragraph:

2. Branch offices have reported that some elders have voiced strong personal opinions against COVID-19 vaccination. Why is this of concern? Romans 13:1 says that “the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God.” Also, the study note on Romans 13:5 says: “A Christian submits to human governments when a command does not contradict God’s laws.” Romans 13:2 states: “Whoever opposes the [secular] authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God.” Thus, elders should be careful not to voice personal opinions that contradict direction from the superior authorities. If an elder has been doing so, now is the time to stop. (Matt. 22:21; Rom. 13:4-7) Otherwise, he could become guilty of causing divisions in the congregation.

The paragraph starts out stating that some elders have voiced strong personal opinions against COVID-19 vaccination.  The direction to the elders is clear and concise.  STOP.  DO NOT VOICE PERSONAL OPINIONS THAT CONTRADICT DIRECTION FROM THE SUPERIOR AUTHORITIES.  Context of the paragraph indicates this includes voicing strong personal opinions against the vaccine.  

The time for debate on this board is over.  If anyone wishes to debate the vaccine, they can do so in PM or somewhere else.  Yes, there are debates recorded in Acts and Romans, but we are no longer debating those issues, either.  The time for those debates ended centuries ago and the record of those debates is still available to us today.  Likewise, the record of vaccination debate on this discussion board is still available to us today, but the time for debating the topic is over.  

Edited by Shawnster

I write my message above while dealing with a persistent dry cough, waking up repeatedly at night, and feeling like something took a hit to my immune system in a terrible way...took a corona test and was negative yesterday, but this dry cough is truly annoying. Hopefully not, but if it turns out to be, I actually feel relieved that I got the vaccine...but that's just me!!

- Read the Bible daily 

20 minutes ago, Woanders said:

I write my message above while dealing with a persistent dry cough, waking up repeatedly at night, and feeling like something took a hit to my immune system in a terrible way...took a corona test and was negative yesterday, but this dry cough is truly annoying. Hopefully not, but if it turns out to be, I actually feel relieved that I got the vaccine...but that's just me!!

My granddaughter gave me a cold that she caught from her mom.  My daughter-in-law had a negative Covid test and was on antibiotics, so I was quite confident I didn't have Covid.  Still, because my doctor recommended getting tested anyway (and also ordered antibiotic for me), I went ahead and got tested.  I was negative.  

Man, that test though....   the struggle is real.

1 minute ago, Shawnster said:

Man, that test though....   the struggle is real

Are you talking about the nasal swab test? 

I had my 1st one about 3 Thursdays ago while being admitted to local hospital and I barely noticed the nurse swabbing my nostrils. 

I had always feared it but when I 1st experienced it, for me it was no problem. Maybe it was the trained nurse who performed the test. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 minute ago, AH173 said:

Are you talking about the nasal swab test? 

I had my 1st one about 3 Thursdays ago while being admitted to local hospital and I barely noticed the nurse swabbing my nostrils. 

I had always feared it but when I 1st experienced it, for me it was no problem. Maybe it was the trained nurse who performed the test. 

Yeah.  I did the self test through Rite Aid pharmacy.

Insert swab halfway up your nostril.  Don't worry, you'll know when you get there.  OK, now rotate the swab 5 FULL rotations.  OK, now hold for 15 seconds.  

Now repeat in the other nostril.  DO WHAT?!  I gotta do this again?   Plus try not to sneeze for fear I'll jam this swab into my brain?  LOL.    The first one was fine and I made it through with no tears (but it was close).  The second one though, I started coughing and sneezing during the 15 second hold.  

Honestly, it's not as terrible as people seem to make it out to be on social media.  Now, I'm not saying it's a picnic.  Obviously I thought it was rough but it's not like so excruciating that I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out or something.  Necessary evil, like changing a toxic baby diaper.

Wow. 

I'm glad the nurse did it. 

For me I would have asked my rn daughter to administer the test. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I thought you only take antibiotics for bacterial infections?

I.ve only done antibiotics when i had pnemonia.... Fever over 103....  Heavy lung congestion...  Walking pnemonia...

Just had a cold cost me 2 weeks of wages....   All it was... 2 week cold...

31 minutes ago, Woanders said:

Towards the end of July I had very much the same symptoms as you have.  I too took a covid test and it turned up negative. The dr. didn't believe it so he put me on anti-biotics and scheduled me for an x-ray. I had pneumonia and a severe case of pleurisy of which I endured 3 surgeries to get under control. A second covid test confirmed that I did not have covid but what I had was just as bad in many ways. 9 different anti-biotics, more than a week in the hospital and 3 weeks on anti-biotic infusion and pills after I got home.  3 months later I still have a partially collapse lung.  Bottom line, don't waste any time getting checked out.  I waited 3 days from the onset of the cough and it was already to late. The only mistake the dr. made in the beginning was not getting a blood test to determine the bacteria/s I was infected with. Most of the 9 anti-biotics didn't work. They had to go to the last resort ones to fight it.  When ask why they didn't take a blood test first, the dr. just said "well most people don't get as sick as you did."  It seems like they could do a lot of blood test for the $80,000 hospital/dr. bill I got, of which $1,000 was out of pocket co-pay. The day I got out of the hospital there began a huge spike in the number of Covid cases admitted.  In the 3 months since I come home more than 7 member of the Cong. contracted covid in the ER waiting room. 

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

WOW - sorry to hear, brother. That sounds like quite an ordeal. As they say in German "Gute Besserung" - wish you a speedy recovery.

I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday morning as I went and got a blood test done on Friday to check my antibody levels from my COVID vaccination in June. Probably is low, but wanted to just find out. The dr's office asked me if I wanted to get an additional general blood test done regarding my health, which I gave too. That week was a week of blood tests for me from different doctors! 😅 My symptoms started creeping up on the weekend, so just a day after my blood being taken at the doc's office. But I will mention these new symptoms. I also had a general EKG and blood pressure check up. So far so good. I am actually fairly healthy and strong for my age, so this is really taking me off left field...🙄

- Read the Bible daily 

37 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

My granddaughter gave me a cold that she caught from her mom.

Yeah I wonder if I caught something from my daughter. She isn't allowed to get COVID vaccinated as she's under 12, and now since about a week, the government has allowed all the kids to remove their masks during class instruction. Hardly any distance with the kids. Plus she had a minor dry cough, but has since improved. I dunno. I am not taking any meds and hardly meet anyone except the odd neighbour or two regarding business, but the kids are often around each other. So even though I am one of those "unlikely ones" to get COVID, we might just get it. Plus flu season started here. Yay.

- Read the Bible daily 

29 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Honestly, it's not as terrible as people seem to make it out to be on social media.  Now, I'm not saying it's a picnic.  Obviously I thought it was rough but it's not like so excruciating that I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out or something.  Necessary evil, like changing a toxic baby diaper.

haha That last line.

My daughter has to give herself the nasal test every other day in school - some schools the kids have to test even everyday.

Now when I did it to myself yesterday, I really must have hit the wrong fiber muscles or nerves as the tears and pain automatically came straight away. 😅

- Read the Bible daily 

sis Sophia, et al., just asking for personal opinion - do u suggest a healthy, normal weight 15 year-old boy who is homeschooled with vaccinated parents who both work from home, should get the jab too or wait? Concerned about myo/pericarditis on boys. thank you.

You have to keep in mind how closely the location of neighboring organs are, so if something affects the lungs, the heart will be susceptible. I would definitely consult his cardiologist for perhaps case examples regarding the vaccine. Also, the reformulation of the Pfizer vaccine may make it safer, but that is something to talk with your doctor with. Keep in mind, that the vaccination only alleviates your symptoms, but doesn’t necessarily prevent spread. Definitely a doctor who knows your son‘s case history should advise you and your family.

I found these links regarding it:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/myocarditis.html

https://www.consumerreports.org/covid-19/risk-of-covid-19-and-heart-disease-a8267215629/

- Read the Bible daily 

3 hours ago, YayaMichelle said:

sis Sophia, et al., just asking for personal opinion - do u suggest a healthy, normal weight 15 year-old boy who is homeschooled with vaccinated parents who both work from home, should get the jab too or wait? Concerned about myo/pericarditis on boys. thank you.

Dear Michelle,

This choice must be yours and his. Every person will act differently. 
What I CAN say is that my son Luke just turned 16. So he too has this choice, we weighed up couple things. His risk from covid, and his risk from the vaccine. His risk from covid is extremely low especially as my son is healthy -this relates to 99.68% survival rate. He goes to school, your son does not so you can then weigh up his interaction with other people -he is maybe even less Likely to cross infect than mine. According to Dr. Pat Morrissey from ireland his own clinical experience has indicated that there is a 1/350 ratio of developing myocarditis for boys. There will be people who will debate his figure of course but when it’s your OWN son you do tend to weigh all this up seriously.  Even If you take lower ratio figures that indicate it’s more rare than dr Pat suggests, one would still be left with a figure higher than the less than 0.32% risk of covid that he is subject to.

Thus my son has indicated he would personally rather not -as the benefit does not outweigh the risk (and that’s with the risks that are KNOWN), as there is still no long term safety data and we do not know what the near future holds. 

I hope you and your son prayerfully make your OWN considered decision.

GALATIONS 6:5 “ for each one will carry his own load”

kind regards

Jo, Michael, Naomi, Jacob, Luke and Hector.

According to Dr. Pat Morrissey from ireland his own clinical experience has indicated that there is a 1/350 ratio of developing myocarditis for boys.

The 1/350 ratio means a 0.29% chance. But this nature.com article shows its much much lower than what's quoted by Dr Pat Morrisey. I've only worked out 2 of the percentages from the article. 

Heart-inflammation risk from Pfizer COVID vaccine is very low

Two studies from Israel quantify the risk of myocarditis following the Pfizer–BioNTech shot, with one suggesting the chance of developing the condition is about one in 50,000. (0.002%)

But young men aged 16–19 had a 15 in 100,000 (0.015%) chance of developing myocarditis after their second shot. The vast majority of these cases were mild and eventually resolved. The researchers also found that myocarditis was more likely to develop after the second vaccine dose than the first

I appreciate brother Williams math. No doubt he is correct in the math he has at his fingertips and might take those risks for his son. 👍🏽
I will not argue with him.

I only wrote what has guided our family.

while I’m writing this I think it’s somewhat perturbing that I can overhear my husband who is sat on a business zoom call (he’s a senior programme HR manager ) and everyone is discussing their vaccine  adverse events. Like it’s funny! 😱

When did this become “normal” ?

It’s really not ok.
-and when did people start getting complacent about each other’s health ? People appear to care less and less about each other.

I only hope that within our body, our organisation, that even though we have different views we still care about each other.🙏

The world is gearing up for detesting certain groups of people. It’s already happening in Austria and now Germany. (The unvaccinated are to be locked down only allowed work and food) It will get worse. The hate is ramping up. I hope all the brothers are aware this is going to get even harder right up to and including the great tribulation. So we all need to guard our hearts.

I love you all whether you are vAccinated or not.

Christian love 

Jo 

I gave my 12 year old son his own choice on the vaccine. Gave him all the data. Told him another young brother 18 had the inflammation around the heart but it resolved after a week or so with no further issues. 

He chose to be vaccinated and was fine. 

Was I nervous? Yes. I looked at the reaction both his mother and myself had to it so was pretty confident he wouldn’t have any side effects from it. 
We are all different though. 

8 hours ago, YayaMichelle said:

The decision it totally up to the boy/parents 

the issues are in the viral part of the vaccine not in the excipients.

studies show that catching the virus is far much dangerous than taking the jab ( less viral parts so if is there any side effects they should be less than the viral infection).

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Honeybarrel said:

. I hope all the brothers are aware this is going to get even harder right up to and including the great tribulation. So we all need to guard our hearts.

I love you all whether you are vAccinated or not.

I don’t doubt our brothers and sisters will stand by each other. We are governed by the law of love, and love “believes all things” 1 Cor 13:7.

in the Insight book under “love”:

“Love also trusts in God’s direction of the Christian congregation and his appointed servants and backs up their decisions based on God’s Word. (1Ti 5:17; Heb 13:17)

However, love is not gullible, for it follows the counsel of God’s Word to “test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God,” and it tests everything by the measuring rule of the Bible. (1Jo 4:1; Ac 17:11, 12)

Love produces confidence in one’s faithful Christian brothers; a Christian would not suspect them or disbelieve them unless there was absolute proof that they were wrong.—2Co 2:3; Ga 5:10; Phm 21.”

Keep safe, my spiritual family. ❤️

12 minutes ago, Sofia said:

The decision it totally up to the boy/parents 

the issues are in the viral part of the vaccine not in the excipients.

studies show that catching the virus is far much dangerous than taking the jab ( less viral parts so if is there any side effects they should be less than the viral infection).

And from experiences from 2 twin sisters in my fsg, the long haul effects of of Covid-19 is something to be avoided if possible. 

I noticed the announcements for November (Australia) said this:

Personal Decisions During the Pandemic: As a reminder, each family head must prayerfully consider how best to care for the physical and emotional needs of his family during this pandemic. This includes deciding whether to socialize with others in person, if this is considered safe in your area by “the superior authorities.” (Rom. 13:1) Whatever decisions you make, we are confident that you will reflect reasonableness as well as a high regard for the sanctity of life. Also, please show respect for the decisions that others make in such personal matters, recognizing that “each one will carry his own load.”—Gal. 6:5.

I have confidence in our fellow brothers and sisters that we will continue to show this respect. 

8 minutes ago, AH173 said:

And from experiences from 2 twin sisters in my fsg, the long haul effects of of Covid-19 is something to be avoided if possible. 

I had long covid for 12 months

it was 😣 awful

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”