JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Covid-19 Vaccine Research, Development, Ingredients and Reactions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 794 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

I had long covid for 12 months

it was 😣 awful

I also see in the news that children are developing long Covid and other severe effect from the virus including heart inflammation. Infertility is also a concern for all who get Covid-19, both male and female.

https://www.cuimc.columbia.edu/news/heart-problems-resolve-majority-kids-covid-inflammatory-syndrome

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/sexual-health/covid-vaccine-doesnt-cause-infertility-disease-might-rcna2868

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

5 hours ago, rocket said:

I also see in the news that children are developing long Covid and other severe effect from the virus including heart inflammation. Infertility is also a concern for all who get Covid-19, both male and female.

https://www.cuimc.columbia.edu/news/heart-problems-resolve-majority-kids-covid-inflammatory-syndrome

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/sexual-health/covid-vaccine-doesnt-cause-infertility-disease-might-rcna2868

some scientists say the virus remain stable inside your intestines.... others say that the imune system is over stimulated. So far no consensus. I believe in my research that corona awakes dormant viruses, like Herpes and CMV. That was what happened to me.  

I still have immunity against this SARS COV 2 (I measure it frequently) even though I had covid in january 2020. 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

some scientists say the virus remain stable inside your intestines.... others say that the imune system is over stimulated. So far no consensus. I believe in my research that corona awakes dormant viruses, like Herpes and CMV. That was what happened to me.  
I still have immunity against this SARS COV 2 (I measure it frequently) even though I had covid in january 2020. 

Sofia, how do you measure your immunity? Are you measuring antibodies or something else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, DonnaR said:

Sofia, how do you measure your immunity? Are you measuring antibodies or something else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I measure my T cells against sars cov 2 in a special lab

it requires a lot of blood a lot of time and a lot of money 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 11/17/2021 at 6:45 AM, YayaMichelle said:

sis Sophia, et al., just asking for personal opinion - do u suggest a healthy, normal weight 15 year-old boy who is homeschooled with vaccinated parents who both work from home, should get the jab too or wait? Concerned about myo/pericarditis on boys. thank you.

Michelle, I understand that choices that have to do with our kids are very stressing. If this helps you a bit, the chances for young people to suffer serious harm either from covid or from the vaccine are very very low. Your boy should be quite safe whether you choose one path or the other.

That being said, harm from the vaccine is much rarer than from covid. Even in the unlikely event that he might develop myocarditis or pericarditis, that's quite easy to treat. I had acute pericarditis myself (long before the pandemic) and I was treated simply with ibuprofen (which I replaced with aspirin which I like better). It disappeared in a few weeks.

42 minutes ago, carlos said:

Michelle, I understand that choices that have to do with our kids are very stressing. If this helps you a bit, the chances for young people to suffer serious harm either from covid or from the vaccine are very very low. Your boy should be quite safe whether you choose one path or the other.

That being said, harm from the vaccine is much rarer than from covid. Even in the unlikely event that he might develop myocarditis or pericarditis, that's quite easy to treat. I had acute pericarditis myself (long before the pandemic) and I was treated simply with ibuprofen (which I replaced with aspirin which I like better). It disappeared in a few weeks.

Very helpful!!!! Thank you Bro.Carlos

So I got my results back from what my antibodies levels are currently from the COVID vaccine I got back in June from J&J. Minimum values to be considered having positive antibodies is 35. Mine came out at 95. But my doctor suggested I should still get the booster. Those minimum levels are apparently debatable. .

Edited by Woanders

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

2 hours ago, Woanders said:

So I got my results back from what my antibodies levels are currently from the COVID vaccine I got back in June from J&J. Minimum values to be considered having positive antibodies is 35. Mine came out at 95. But my doctor suggested I should still get the booster. Those minimum levels are apparently debatable. .

Where did you go for an antibody test and how did that work and what was the cost?

59 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Where did you go for an antibody test and how did that work and what was the cost?

I just went to my normal GP doctor. It's not covered by medical insurance, so I paid out of pocket 25 euros. But that's for here in Germany...I can imagine it's different in the US or elsewhere. I am glad I got it done. Helps in making decisions going forward. :)

They just took my blood and sent it to a lab. Results came a week later.

Edited by Woanders

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

1 hour ago, vern said:

Sophia question.

What was the name of the lung complication from the corona virus pre Covid 19?

It was called atypical pneumonia…

1 hour ago, Woanders said:

I just went to my normal GP doctor. It's not covered by medical insurance, so I paid out of pocket 25 euros. But that's for here in Germany...I can imagine it's different in the US or elsewhere. I am glad I got it done. Helps in making decisions going forward. :)

They just took my blood and sent it to a lab. Results came a week later.

That's not bad.  Relatively affordable, too.  I don't know if we have that option here, though.  Would be interesting to find out.

18 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

That's not bad.  Relatively affordable, too.  I don't know if we have that option here, though.  Would be interesting to find out.

In Portugal now, pharmacy antigen tests (to detect the disease) are free for all.

Edited by Sofia

it was developed an intranasal vaccine against severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) using the replication-incompetent human parainfluenza virus type 2 (hPIV2) vector BC-PIV, which can deliver ectopic gene as stable RNA and ectopic protein on the envelope. BC-PIV expressing the full-length prefusion-stabilized spike gene (K986P/V987P) of SARS-CoV-2, S-2PM, possessed a corona-like viral envelope. Intranasal vaccination of mice with BC-PIV/S-2PM induced high levels of neutralizing immunoglobulin G (IgG) and mucosal IgA antibodies against the spike protein. Although BC-PIV showed hemagglutinating activity, BC-PIV/S-2PM lacked such activity, in accordance with the presence of the massive spike protein on the viral surface. Furthermore, single-dose intranasal vaccination of hamsters with BC-PIV/S-2PM completely protected the lungs from SARS-CoV-2 at 11-week post-immunization, and boost vaccination two weeks before the challenge conferred virtually complete protection of the nasal turbinates against SARS-CoV-2. Thus, this chimeric hPIV2/spike intranasal vaccine is a promising vaccine candidate for SARS-CoV-2 to curtail virus transmission.

source:https://www.cell.com/iscience/fulltext/S2589-0042(21)01350-X

Thank you for your information. 

If you could, please explain it to me if I was a teenage boy or hamster. 

Thanks 😁

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

7 hours ago, AH173 said:

Thank you for your information. 

If you could, please explain it to me if I was a teenage boy or hamster. 

Thanks 😁

Here it goes

the intra nasal vaccine is a chimera.

It's body is a harmless virus where some spike proteins we’re inserted so it can’t replicate.

The goal is to carry spike protein to stimulate immune system 

It stimulates LOCAL immune IgA at the nasal mucosa preventing transmission.

These are second generation vaccines developed to prevent transmission.

At the same time they prevent severe lung covid disease.

They are easier to apply as well.

i was hesitant in getting the vaccines for many months due to my medical situation, but the consecutive GB Updates# made me get the jabs. I felt much better knowing Im following GB’s clear direction.

However things like this make me anxious. This is from american heart association.  Anyone, pls. alleviate my fears.. 

https://www.thecardiologyadvisor.com/home/topics/acs/acute-coronary-syndrome-acs-biomarkers-mrna-covid19-vaccine/

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/circ.144.suppl_1.10712

Thinking about the statistics of brother Lett GB 8 — seems like 100% of vaccinated Bethel Fam, missionaries are all doing fine right?  I know there are no miracles now but who knows with the meaning of Jehovah’s name, He’s probably making things happen :)

Edited by YayaMichelle

On 11/22/2021 at 8:52 AM, YayaMichelle said:

i was hesitant in getting the vaccines for many months due to my medical situation, but the consecutive GB Updates# made me get the jabs. I felt much better knowing Im following GB’s clear direction.

However things like this make me anxious. This is from american heart association.  Anyone, pls. alleviate my fears.. 

https://www.thecardiologyadvisor.com/home/topics/acs/acute-coronary-syndrome-acs-biomarkers-mrna-covid19-vaccine/

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/circ.144.suppl_1.10712

Thinking about the statistics of brother Lett GB 8 — seems like 100% of vaccinated Bethel Fam, missionaries are all doing fine right?  I know there are no miracles now but who knows with the meaning of Jehovah’s name, He’s probably making things happen :)

While that's probably true, in my mind, it boils down to this:  Which would you rather?  Something that attacks your entire system, puts you in the hospital, struggling to breath, causing pain and suffering, etc. etc. even with potential for long-hauling symptoms (COVID)?  Or something that might have a few side effects (Vaccine)?

We all got inflammation, all the time. It's how our bodies react to different attacks and how our bodies try to heal.  When that's the biggest concern, there are easy things you can do to reduce it if you feel you need to.  Take Vitamin D.  Drink Turmeric tea.  Take CBD oil.  Avoid stress (as much as possible).  Get quality sleep.  etc.

Personally, not worried about a little bit of inflammation...  :whistling:

PS - On a side-note, I wonder how much inflammation a flu shot causes?  Or any other vaccine for that matter?  I would bet it is comparable.  We just haven't paid such close attention to the others, as we have with this one...

Edited by computerwiz

More thoughts.

1 hour ago, computerwiz said:

While that's probably true, in my mind, it boils down to this:  Which would you rather?  Something that attacks your entire system, puts you in the hospital, struggling to breath, causing pain and suffering, etc. etc. even with potential for long-hauling symptoms (COVID)?  Or something that might have a few side effects (Vaccine)?

Going to the hospital, struggling to breathe, causing pain and suffering, etc....those are also things that MIGHT happen....getting Covid IS NOT an automatic death sentence....

8 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

Going to the hospital, struggling to breathe, causing pain and suffering, etc....those are also things that MIGHT happen....getting Covid IS NOT an automatic death sentence....

That should be understood by now without needing to be said, but I do see how my comment is a little biased. :whistling:

In any case, when you look at who fills the hospitals, is it COVID cases or vaccine cases? The point remains... go with the more favorable odds.

1 hour ago, zoebarry said:

It is for many that are of advanced age. For those still young it has about the same odds as Russian Roulette in causing serious long term effects. Five times out of six everything will turn out fine. :facepalmpo2:

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 11/22/2021 at 3:52 PM, YayaMichelle said:

Michelle, those studies show that in some people the vaccine increases the risk of having heart issues. However, that doesn't mean that all or most people taking the vaccine suffer those consequences. Most people who experience that side effect will have their ACS markers high for a time, then go back to normal. As you mention, of thousands of brothers and sisters under the supervision of the branch that were vaccinated, none died as a result.

Many millions of JWs worldwide have already been vaccinated and the elders are reporting their evolution to the branch. If many friends had suffered serious effects the GB would have been clear and frank about them, but they haven't mentioned anything.

Last time I had a strong toothache I took some paracetamol pills. The prospect warned that if you took more than six of those pills in 24 hours they could cause permanent harm to your liver or even death. Yet millions of people take paracetamol without hesitating, and very very few actually die from it.

So please don't be stressed. If you have a chance, get your heart tested by a doctor, so that you can make sure everything is ok.

Question comes to mind. As Jehovah's scriptural “channel of communication” with his organization, would we be misread since it’s our source of spiritual feeding then mislead us in something so serious as the foretold “pestilence” now upon us, I mention update “ https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=702021088&srcid=sharecurrent update # 9 regarding trust of not being mislead about vaccination then cautioning we cannot judge one another as to decision making. I had held inaccurate thinking personally due to serious illness and additionally just do not do well with any chemicals. Yet, trying to be reasonable, using a spirit of a sound mind. I made an educated decision. I questioned what in particular did I object to? What information for and against to weigh them and the flavor of Jehovah’s direction through his channel. My question is do we trust Jehovah, his organization if we are to survive tribulation? This may add to and just maybe

(https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/library/r1/lp-e/all-publications/watchtower/the-watchtower-1957/may-1)

We are being trained aren’t we? Isn’t it true if any misleading would put us in harms way as an org Jehovah would take up the cause,      Phil 1:10.    personally, I found thai is comforting to me. (https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1982528?q=What+if+elder’s+direction+is+misleading&p=doc)

May we all have success in decisions along with our prayers. Psalm 115:17.

Billie