JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Covid-19 Vaccine Research, Development, Ingredients and Reactions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 781 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 12/27/2021 at 7:58 PM, Hope said:

Brother Rutherford sure was something else, eh? :(

I took my grandfather to a 2 day KH build in 1982 because earlier that day we had been listening to  a JW broadcaster on the radio and he made the statement "that man sounds like Judge Rutherford!"   My Gramps was Scots Presbyterian a very introverted man until my grandma passed...   I was so tickled that he outed himself as interested in religious discourse and then he slipped back into his private independant life.   

Here is a link to a Health Canada Organization vid report on Covid Research...   The inventor of the mRNA application posted this on his social acct and got booted a couple hours later.

The Pfizer Inoculations For COVID-19 – More Harm Than Good – VIDEO – Canadian Covid Care Alliance

5 hours ago, Geralyn said:

Here is a link to a Health Canada Organization vid report on Covid Research...   The inventor of the mRNA application posted this on his social acct and got booted a couple hours later.

Calling Robert Mallone the inventor of mRNA vaccines is an exaggeration.

The Atlantic has this to say about Robert Mallone being the inventor of mRNA vaccines:

In any case, it’s clear enough that Malone isn’t singularly responsible for mRNA vaccines. The process of achieving major scientific advancements tends to be more cumulative and complex than the apple-to-the-head stories we usually tell, but this much can be said for sure: Malone was involved in groundbreaking work related to mRNA vaccines before it was cool or profitable; and he and others who believed in the potential of RNA-based vaccines in the 1980s turned out to be world-savingly correct.

7 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

Calling Robert Mallone the inventor of mRNA vaccines is an exaggeration.

The Atlantic has this to say about Robert Mallone being the inventor of mRNA vaccines:

In any case, it’s clear enough that Malone isn’t singularly responsible for mRNA vaccines. The process of achieving major scientific advancements tends to be more cumulative and complex than the apple-to-the-head stories we usually tell, but this much can be said for sure: Malone was involved in groundbreaking work related to mRNA vaccines before it was cool or profitable; and he and others who believed in the potential of RNA-based vaccines in the 1980s turned out to be world-savingly correct.

The article, no doubt, purposefully omits one crucial part of the story: patents. Dr Malone was the first, following his successful studies and experiments of mRNA in-vivo, patented his work resulting in nine patents and numerous publications. Hence, the inventor.

His filed patent and disclosures included in-vivo RNA transfection, mRNA as a drug, mRNA production, transient gene therapy and also methods for mRNA stabilization.

1 hour ago, X-Tryman said:

The article, no doubt, purposefully omits one crucial part of the story: patents. Dr Malone was the first, following his successful studies and experiments of mRNA in-vivo, patented his work resulting in nine patents and numerous publications. Hence, the inventor.

His filed patent and disclosures included in-vivo RNA transfection, mRNA as a drug, mRNA production, transient gene therapy and also methods for mRNA stabilization.

Thanks. That's interesting 😁

This article shows the patents are expiring soon.

The tangled history of mRNA vaccines (nature.com)

Some of the furore in discussions of credit for mRNA discoveries relates to who holds lucrative patents. But much of the foundational intellectual property dates back to claims made in 1989 by Felgner, Malone and their colleagues at Vical (and in 1990 by Liljeström).

These had only a 17-year term from the date of issue and so are now in the public domain.

Even the Karikó–Weissman patents, licensed to Cellscript and filed in 2006, will expire in the next five years. Industry insiders say this means that it will soon become very hard to patent broad claims about delivering mRNAs in lipid nanoparticles, although companies can reasonably patent particular sequences of mRNA — a form of the spike protein, say — or proprietary lipid formulations.

Nobel debate
As for who deserves a Nobel, the names that come up most often in conversation are Karikó and Weissman. The two have already won several prizes, including one of the Breakthrough Prizes (at $3 million, the most lucrative award in science) and Spain’s prestigious Princess of Asturias Award for Technical and Scientific Research. Also recognized in the Asturias prize were Felgner, Şahin, Türeci and Rossi, along with Sarah Gilbert . . . .

16 hours ago, Geralyn said:

The Pfizer Inoculations For COVID-19 – More Harm Than Good – VIDEO – Canadian Covid Care Alliance

This is what I find interesting about sites like this. Note their disclaimer:

The information is provided with the understanding that the authors and publishers are not herein engaged in rendering medical, pharmaceutical, nutritional, mental health, legal, or any other professional advice or services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation and advice from a licensed professional in the specific field of interest who will provide recommendations based on your particular situation and factual background.  Do not make any decisions based on the information contained or presented on this website without consulting an appropriate professional.

Not "medical advice"? Sure seems like it. Also, "Do not make any decisions based on the information contained or presented" umm, then why give advice that you KNOW people should NOT rely on. Would you trust someone who just told you,  "DO NOT TRUST ME!"?

Craziness. And yet here is where the world is. It reminded me of this little clip I saw:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

The media presents all kinds of opposing views and you never know what interests are behind them. On the other hand the Slave has given clear advice: get the vaccine if possible.

So in the end it's a question of whom to trust. Trust the Slave or a guy you don't know on Youtube? The answer is a no-brainer for me.

3 days ago i take 3rd shot, Moderna, after 1st and 2nd Astra zeneca 5 months ago..

i had fever one day, now is good. i follow advices we have given on boadcasts and monthly GB talks, to take vaccine if it s available. i think "obedience is more valuable than sacrifice"

1 hour ago, .Ivan. said:

3 days ago i take 3rd shot, Moderna, after 1st and 2nd Astra zeneca 5 months ago..

i had fever one day, now is good. i follow advices we have given on boadcasts and monthly GB talks, to take vaccine if it s available. i think "obedience is more valuable than sacrifice"

Ivan I haven’t taken due to a medical condition and advice from my doctor. I follow advice as well from governing body in regards to masking and social distancing and have high regard to sanctity of life which is why I’m very selective to the best of my ability about what physical  foods and nutrition I put into my body.  Does this mean I’m not obedient ? Did I not sacrifice ? 

The above mentioned for me started 4 years ago so before the pandemic. When the vaccine rolled out I was very interested but due to a sister who has similar condition had a heart attack 4 days post 2nd dose Pfizer. All this is so hard and scary at the same time. We have to do our best we can to folllow direction while still working amongst our imperfect flesh. The best I understand GB is it’s a personal decision and feel I’m still obedient to there direction. 

23 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

The above mentioned for me started 4 years ago so before the pandemic. When the vaccine rolled out I was very interested but due to a sister who has similar condition had a heart attack 4 days post 2nd dose Pfizer. All this is so hard and scary at the same time.

Welcome to the JWTalk Community. We do hope you find it to be enjoyable.

I know of one person in real life who says their doctor said not to get the covid vaccine due to her unique health situation. It makes it all the more harder and scarier, I'm sure. If that were the case for me, I would avoid people like the plague, especially since were surging with omicron at the moment, even to the point of Door Dashing my groceries.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Yep it is no time to be cavalier… the GB and most brothers and sisters understand that there are some very scary scenarios with regard to certain health conditions and almost any medical treatment when one is dealing with frail health.. no easy answers in this sick system of things .. please be cautious ❤️

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

8 hours ago, .Ivan. said:

I understand, my sister-in-law died of a blood clot 10 days after the Johnson vaccine, otherwise she was healthy at just 50 years old.

Terrible Ivan I’m sorry to hear that unfortunately nothing is perfect on this side of the system including the Covid vaccines.

If we end up needing the shots to get back to meetings at some point I’m hoping for a more traditional vaccine my doctor is more comfortable with for me,  was starting to do research on Novavax if gets approved hopefully GB will give us an update. 

On 1/5/2022 at 10:45 PM, Jimmy said:

If we end up needing the shots to get back to meetings at some point I’m hoping for a more traditional vaccine my doctor is more comfortable with for me,  was starting to do research on Novavax if gets approved hopefully GB will give us an update. 

We just had an announcement this week at the meeting that the Novavax vaccine doesn't contain any blood or blood fractions. I hope it's soon available for those who cannot take the mRNA ones.

Same pharmacist gave my son and I a booster today. He didn’t feel his needle at all. I’m sitting there and finally was like owwwwww!  Here’s hoping we don’t have any illness. This is his first time with mRNA. He had the Jand J before 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

8 hours ago, carlos said:

We just had an announcement this week at the meeting that the Novavax vaccine doesn't contain any blood or blood fractions. I hope it's soon available for those who cannot take the mRNA ones.

Carlos are you in the states at all? Wondering because not sure if Novavax is FDA approved yet here im pretty sure they submitted tho 

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Carlos are you in the states at all? Wondering because not sure if Novavax is FDA approved yet here im pretty sure they submitted tho 

No, I'm in Spain. :) I am not sure if Novavax has been approved for use in Europe yet.

But some months ago we received the same announcement about the Russian Sputnik vaccine, which is not approved, as far as I know, either in Europe or the US. It seems the branch informing us about blood fractions (or lack thereof) in vaccines is not related to their being approved.

• 1 month later...

Next generation vaccines against Covid: Intra-nasal.

Here´s the study :)

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(22)00145-3

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

BA.2 variant

Now 100% genome in South Africa.

https://www.ft.com/content/efa3ceaf-b777-4a06-b4ef-bf1330f105d6
Scientists who track coronavirus mutations are closely monitoring an uptick in cases of an Omicron sub-variant named BA.2, just as countries were beginning to hope the worst of the latest wave of coronavirus infections had passed. The strain has been detected in 57 countries, according to the World Health Organization, and now accounts for about a tenth of Sars-Cov-2 genome sequences uploaded to the global repository Gisaid.

Edited by Shawnster

Excerpts only. Do not copy entire articles.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

35 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Next generation vaccines against Covid: Intra-nasal.

Here´s the study :)

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(22)00145-3

This makes sense as we already know the effectiveness of nasal cleansing with Covid or any viruses. 

Conclusion Patients who initiated isotonic saline nasal irrigation after a positive COVID-19 PCR test were 19 times less likely to be hospitalized than the national rate. Further research is required to determine if adding povidone-iodine to irrigation reduces morbidity and mortality of SARS-CoV-2 infection.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.16.21262044v1

It worked well for me with the virus as I was not vaccinated and had very mild symptoms. In fact I would not test positive on rapid antigens twice were thinking due to the the consistent nebulizing and nasal cleansing. It was not until I was able to get a PCR that picked it up and then later confirmed with positive Igg and Igm antibodies on bloodwork. 

5 hours ago, Sofia said:

Wow Natural immunity 80-100% effective. In fact the article says only 0.7% of those who previously had covid got reinfected! 💪👍🏽🤗

thinking of all those in less affluent countries :) 

19 hours ago, Honeybarrel said:

Wow Natural immunity 80-100% effective. In fact the article says only 0.7% of those who previously had covid got reinfected! 💪👍🏽🤗

thinking of all those in less affluent countries :) 

Even if it was Omicron? That's what I had. 

I was trying to understand the Covid19 vaccines, in order for them to help you get immunity do you have to contract the virus?

Can you get immunity without contracting Covid19 or a variant of it? Is that how other vaccines work, like polio or Smallpox, do you have to contract polio to become immune to it?

Do they know these things yet as the vaccine trials have been going on for over a year now?

I just read this....

[Acquired immunity from vaccination is certainly much safer and preferred.]

Is the Covid19 vaccines capable of giving acquired immunity? Or does that happen after the breakthrough infection?

Edited by Daphne

On 2/15/2022 at 8:46 PM, Daphne said:

I was trying to understand the Covid19 vaccines, in order for them to help you get immunity do you have to contract the virus?

Can you get immunity without contracting Covid19 or a variant of it? Is that how other vaccines work, like polio or Smallpox, do you have to contract polio to become immune to it?

No, you don't need to contract the virus.

Traditional vaccines contain a dead or weakened sample of the virus. But most covid vaccines are different to that. They teach your body to recognize a specific part of the virus and attack it. So you become immunized even without contracting the virus.

I found this graphic that explains the difference 

20220217_091629.thumb.jpg.25fde04f13039e29e24e34b9c29b8988.jpg

Key Takeaways

• DNA and RNA vaccines have the same goal as traditional vaccines, but they work slightly differently.
  • Instead of injecting a weakened form of a virus or bacteria into the body as with a traditional vaccine, DNA and RNA vaccines use part of the virus’ own genetic code to stimulate an immune response.