JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Covid-19 Vaccine Research, Development, Ingredients and Reactions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 793 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 hours ago, zoebarry said:

ANY damage to the heart is PERMANENT... The heart is the only organ that cannot heal.... any damage done to it is permanent and you’ll have to live with the repercussions of the damage.... The article has been highlighted where it says the vaccines DRAMATICALLY increase the inflammation of the heart tissues.....

Grace, that is very exaggerated. The vaccine increases the chances of suffering myocarditis or pericarditis during a couple months. None of those are "serious damage". They are just an inflammation that is easy to treat with common drugs such as aspirin or ibuprofen. As I mentioned before, I suffered from acute pericarditis some years ago (before the pandemic). One aspirin three times a day for a couple weeks and it was healed. Those are not serious issues.

Dying or suffering permanent lung damage or having some limb amputated due to covid is a lot worse than that and much more common than harm from the vaccine.

On 11/27/2021 at 1:03 AM, sunshine said:

I hope nobody takes this badly and its just a question, but does anyone think Jehovah is protecting his people from the possible accute adverse side effects of the vaccines?

Since Jehovahs people are mostly all vaccinated and we are not experiencing any deaths (or heart damage , brain damage or any of the more accute effects reported in government reporting systems and/or acknowledged by the producers) through these vaccines, could it be we are being miraculously protected even though we dont know it?  

Just a thought, does it make sense?

I'm thinking of this too... ("hoping" is the word).  I tried to study and research a lot about these mRNA vaccines from their release dates 01/2021 since I have an autoimmune condition.  I was concerned of the "genetics" approach.  Technology is  too advanced and revolutionary (mRNA) and the first global rollout in humans.  While doing that I was in parallel researching on early therapeutics or alternatives just in case I contracted Covid and acquired all of those from my friends (physicians).   They're ready in my cabinet.  Then to torture myself I guess, I joined support groups including medscape of folks who have the same condition as mine and saw how many of them are enduring neurological mRNA vaccine effects and their quality of life is massively degraded with depressions and all . 

So this made me very hesitant and pushed it back. 

I had a lot of questions in my prayers like "what about natural immunity? the children? the heart issues? the ones who got side effects "? 

But the GB Updates are consistent. Not changing. Pushing the vaccine almost in a begging kind of way. Loving. Discreet.   Using words and phrases like  "this is the way walk in it", "with eyes of faith", "advice", "instruction", "direction", "guidance".  

And then the question of Bro. Splane: "What does Jehovah know?" 

So maybe Jehovah's got our backs on this one?  And He's telling us  "stop researching at this point, just listen to me"

At the end of the day,  I  trust that Jehovah is the greatest scientist in the universe and the only One who understands all the intricacies of the mechanisms of DNA/RNA and my trust goes to Him ...    

I'm wishing our loving Father Jehovah says "Humans are messing this up way too much I will have to do a wee a bit of miracle to protect my people .. " . Just a wish... You know His name means "He Causes to Become" so...

that's just me.  sorry if this post comes across as unrealistic.

Edited by YayaMichelle

Just  to be clear I was not talking of protection from COVID I was talking about protection from adverse effects of the VACCINES.  Update #9 seemed very clear to me, based on the brothers own figures (not relying on'outside sources) , there is nothing to fear from the vaccine and more importantly, Jehovah would not allow the GB to recommend something harmful to the brotherhood.  The brothers have already shared the numbers  on the Bethel families and there's little doubt the majority of the friends have followed their lead.... is it outside the realms of reason that Jehovah protect his people from any serious adverse effects?

Just wondering is all ...

(As a side point, have all' the recipients in biblical miracles known while it was happening they were benefiting from divine protection /intervention?!)

Edited by sunshine

54 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Just  to be clear I was not talking of protection from COVID I was talking about protection from adverse effects of the VACCINES.  Update #9 seemed very clear to me, based on the brothers own figures (not relying on'outside sources) , there is nothing to fear from the vaccine and more importantly, Jehovah would not allow the GB to recommend something harmful to the brotherhood.  The brothers have already shared the numbers  on the Bethel families and there's little doubt the majority of the friends have followed their lead.... is it outside the realms of reason that Jehovah protect his people from any serious adverse effects?

Just wondering is all ...

(As a side point, have all' the recipients in biblical miracles known while it was happening they were benefiting from divine protection /intervention?!)

Yes,  that's what I  totally got from your post -   adverse effects from VACCINES. 

We can safely assume there are no miraculous protection from COVID as many of our faithful brothers/sisters have already died from it.

28 minutes ago, YayaMichelle said:

We can safely assume there are no miraculous protection from COVID as many of our faithful brothers/sisters have already died from it.

Correct.  Everything is a check and balance. There is risk to nearly everything.  What we do in every situation is we weigh the risks and we determine if the rewards outweigh the risks. 

There is a chance that wearing a seat belt will injure you in a car accident.  There is a chance that the seat belt will prevent you from getting out of the car. Is that risk worth not wearing a seat belt or will you more likely survive an accident if you are wearing a seat belt? Is the injury you might receive from the seat belt or air bag worth the increased chance of surviving a car accident?  

COVID: Vaccine-derived blood clots seem solvable

Researchers think they know why some people developed blood clots after taking the AstraZeneca or Johnson & Johnson jabs. They may also have a solution.

https://www.dw.com/en/covid-vaccine-derived-blood-clots-seem-solvable/a-59996321

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

14 minutes ago, Woanders said:

COVID: Vaccine-derived blood clots seem solvable

https://www.dw.com/en/covid-vaccine-derived-blood-clots-seem-solvable/a-59996321

Interesting.  If the vaccine had not been injected into the bloodstream, the blood clots might not have occurred.   The label clearly states that the vaccines should NOT be administered intravenously, and yet the injections continue to be given without aspirating the needle to see if the tip has penetrated a vein, or not.   

In very rare cases, the scientists suggest, "the viral vector may enter the bloodstream and bind to PF4, where the immune system then views [it] as foreign." They believe this misplaced immunity could result in the release of antibodies against PF4, which bind to and activate platelets, "causing them to cluster together and trigger blood clots in a very small number of people after the vaccine is administered."

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

7 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Interesting.  If the vaccine had not been injected into the bloodstream, the blood clots might not have occurred.   The label clearly states that the vaccines should NOT be administered intravenously, and yet the injections continue to be given without aspirating the needle to see if the tip has penetrated a vein, or not.   

This is why i made sure and was annoying to the pharmacist to make sure he aspirates and injects it into my deltoid muscle. I flexed my arm a but so he sees clearly. He was pretty good. He was like “i know what i’m doing, definitely intramuscular!” 

On 11/29/2021 at 6:25 AM, YayaMichelle said:

I'm thinking of this too... ("hoping" is the word).  I tried to study and research a lot about these mRNA vaccines from their release dates 01/2021 since I have an autoimmune condition.  I was concerned of the "genetics" approach.  Technology is  too advanced and revolutionary (mRNA) and the first global rollout in humans.  While doing that I was in parallel researching on early therapeutics or alternatives just in case I contracted Covid and acquired all of those from my friends (physicians).   They're ready in my cabinet.  Then to torture myself I guess, I joined support groups including medscape of folks who have the same condition as mine and saw how many of them are enduring neurological mRNA vaccine effects and their quality of life is massively degraded with depressions and all . 

So this made me very hesitant and pushed it back. 

I had a lot of questions in my prayers like "what about natural immunity? the children? the heart issues? the ones who got side effects "? 

But the GB Updates are consistent. Not changing. Pushing the vaccine almost in a begging kind of way. Loving. Discreet.   Using words and phrases like  "this is the way walk in it", "with eyes of faith", "advice", "instruction", "direction", "guidance".  

And then the question of Bro. Splane: "What does Jehovah know?" 

So maybe Jehovah's got our backs on this one?  And He's telling us  "stop researching at this point, just listen to me"

At the end of the day,  I  trust that Jehovah is the greatest scientist in the universe and the only One who understands all the intricacies of the mechanisms of DNA/RNA and my trust goes to Him ...    

I'm wishing our loving Father Jehovah says "Humans are messing this up way too much I will have to do a wee a bit of miracle to protect my people .. " . Just a wish... You know His name means "He Causes to Become" so...

that's just me.  sorry if this post comes across as unrealistic.

While researching the vaccine, I did run across many non-witness scientists and doctors who all admit that our immune system is god-given.  Further evidence of Jehovah in “creation” meaning in the way we are made.  It gives evidence of his superior knowledge and is humbling when we realize how complex and awesome our god-given immune system is.

Promising good news: "As 80% of epitopes in the spike protein recognized by CD8+ T cells are not affected by the mutations in the Omicron variant, two doses may still induce protection against severe disease"

Source: https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-provide-update-omicron-variant

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

I heard this about Moderna on German radio yesterday, so did a bit of research regarding it and Omicron:

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/which-vaccine-is-best-for-you-what-to-know-as-omicron-spreads-boosters-increase/2586219/

Pfizer said that while two doses of its vaccine may not be protective enough to prevent infection, lab tests showed a booster shot increased by 25-fold people's levels of virus-fighting antibodies

Meanwhile, the risk of suffering a breakthrough COVID-19 infection with the delta variant after being fully vaccinated with the Moderna vaccine may be much lower than the risk for those who received the Pfizer vaccine, according to new Mayo Clinic study released in August.

Although the symptoms of Omicron are not as serious as Delta, it is interesting to note that Moderna seems to have a better protection rate - at least at this preliminary stage of the new variant.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

2 hours ago, Woanders said:

it is interesting to note that Moderna seems to have a better protection rate

It was already the case at the beginning, Moderna had less issues and was more efficient, that's why my family and I picked Moderna.

I have a question. Some people who have been injected with corona vaccine get body pain and some people get fever and some people get body pain and fever. But for some, none of this will happen. Why? 

Does the absence of any of these mean that the immune system is high?Maybe fever and body pain mean that the immune system is deficient?

30 minutes ago, Arumuga Raja said:

mean that the immune system is deficient?

See answer here.

it no longer register any response from my immune system. ☹️

Edit : the vaccine doesn't trigger any response from the immune system.

Edited by happiness IS

On 11/27/2021 at 10:20 AM, Qapla said:

The answer may be more along the lines of that the side-effects are "possible" - not guaranteed, normal or frequent.  Perhaps it is less "Jehovah protecting his people" and more "the side-effects are being blown out of proportion" because they make "better" (more sensational) news than saying things are working as they should.

I work in healthcare.  I have seen some (though very rare in my limited experience) of the negative reactions to the vax  (in non Witnesses). I do NOT consider the reactions I saw to be minor in the least; to be honest they were horrible.  I'm not saying this to scare anyone, I'm saying it because it's true.

Regarding Jehovah protecting us from reactions; I find that thought-provoking .  I know Jehovah can do anything.  I pray constantly to do whatever He wants me to do because I love Him. I have not vaxed yet due to having an autoimmune disorder; still, if I feel Jehovah wants me to take the risk, I trust that He will make it work out for my good, whatever the results. 

Edited by Michelle81

As it was said in the Bulletin, do you think the brothers at Bethel, the brothers in the governing body would get the vaccine if it wasn't safe? Jehovah wants everyone to be in the land of the living,Jehovah's organization did not stop. Many reactions are actually fear, anxiety, panic, fear of needles, because it takes a while for the vaccine to take effect, those that once they have taken the vaccine react in some way, most are panic, or other health problems, DON'T BE AFRAID TO TAKE A VACCINE! If this is your decision, don't be afraid!

Booster shots.... I wasn't sure myself why it was necessary.  But upon reading this explanation, it makes sense why a booster is the best option (along with masking, social distancing etc).  One thing this pandemic is teaching me is just how amazingly we are made - our immune system attests to a wonderful loving Creator.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59639973

"Fighting coronavirus is something your immune system has to learn.

One option is to figure it out on the job when you encounter the virus for real. However, there is a risk of getting it wrong and ending up seriously ill.

Vaccines are more like a school - a safer environment to further your immune system's Covid education.

The first dose is the primary school education that nails the fundamentals.

Your second and third doses are comparable to sending your immune system to secondary school and then university to dramatically deepen its understanding. It's not just repeating primary school over and over.

"The immune system is left with a richer knowledge and understanding of the virus," said Prof Jonathan Ball, a virologist from the University of Nottingham.

He said for all the talk of the dastardly tricks of Omicron, a highly-trained immune system is "an incredibly difficult and hostile environment" for the virus and its variants."

On 12/12/2021 at 4:05 PM, Michelle81 said:

I have not vaxed yet due to having an autoimmune disorder; still, if I feel Jehovah wants me to take the risk, I trust that He will make it work out for my good, whatever the results. 

I, too, have an autoimmune disease plus a number of other health issues, as well as being old.  I was very concerned about getting vaccination and particularly the AZ, which was the only one available in the early days for my age group, so I spoke to my doctor about it and he said no. 

However, when the Pfizer became available for my age group, I thought about it, and wanted to do what I felt the slave was advising, so I went online to book and about an hour before I did that, the health minister had released the Moderna for all age groups, which was my preferred option. I felt a lot better about getting it.

I had a localised reaction which appeared after a few days but soon went away.  With my second jab I had nothing.  I don't think having an auto-immune disease makes a lot of difference to your body's response to the vaccination.

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Bad News: The Omicron Covid variant has been found to multiply about 70 times quicker than the original and Delta versions of coronavirus in tissue samples taken from the bronchus, the main tubes from the windpipe to the lungs, in laboratory experiments that could help explain its rapid transmission.

Good news: The study, by a team from the University of Hong Kong, also found that the new variant grew 10 times slower in lung tissue, which the authors said could be an indicator of lower disease severity.

Caution: “It is also noted that by infecting many more people, a very infectious virus may cause more severe disease and death even though the virus itself may be less pathogenic,” he said. “Therefore, taken together with our recent studies showing that the Omicron variant can partially escape immunity from vaccines and past infection, the overall threat from the Omicron variant is likely to be very significant.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/15/omicron-found-to-grow-70-times-faster-than-delta-in-bronchial-tissue

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I had another long talk with my doctor about getting vaccinated but still a no go due to certain medical conditions and history.  She said although the serious side effects are rare, they are very real.  She had lost a patient just a week before due to the vaccine.  So still a no go for me.  She told me she will continue to do curbside service for me so I will not have to go inside the clinic.

Sometimes I feel like I'm being left behind because I can not get vaccinated.  It's very depressing, discouraging.  

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".