JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Covid-19 Vaccine Research, Development, Ingredients and Reactions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 807 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I’ve mentioned to some local friends that I don’t understand why this is what some choose to throw their gauntlet down over. The sister who does my hair mentioned another unnamed sister went into a rant about vaccines at her appointment. “The GB are not inspired. They make mistakes. The government could kill me and I would never take the vaccine.”  Is this really what we want to go to battle over?

As bagwell said. At least this direction has sense. We will probably get directions in the future that don’t make sense to us. Best to learn to follow direction now even if we have questions in our minds. Take the doubts to Jehovah and let his Holy Spirit work on your mind, heart and attitude. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

1 hour ago, BLEmom said:

I’ve mentioned to some local friends that I don’t understand why this is what some choose to throw their gauntlet down over. The sister who does my hair mentioned another unnamed sister went into a rant about vaccines at her appointment. “The GB are not inspired. They make mistakes. The government could kill me and I would never take the vaccine.”  Is this really what we want to go to battle over?

As bagwell said. At least this direction has sense. We will probably get directions in the future that don’t make sense to us. Best to learn to follow direction now even if we have questions in our minds. Take the doubts to Jehovah and let his Holy Spirit work on your mind, heart and attitude. 

People don't understand the fears people have. I for one have had multiple issues with my eyes. There have been side effects involving vision issues after getting the shot. I don't want to lose my sight over a shot that can't even 100% protect me. Do you understand how very mad I would be if I took the shot and something crazy happened? I know the new system is coming, but I'm only 28 years old and we don't know how long we have in this system. I don't want to wreak the life I have now for a shot that isn't 100%. I understand having faith, but what if something crazy happens? I'd honestly rather die than go through something that I could've avoided if I didn't get the shot. That might be extreme, but that's how I feel. There are a few countries that have now banned Moderna for people under 30. Why are they doing that? 

There are very real fears and I don't want to live with regret or mad that something happened to me. I'm just very scared and paranoid as it is. I'm not trying to be contrary. This is not how I normally am. I don't think many understand all the fears people have. 

I'll stop now though, because I know this isn't a welcome discussion at this point. I'll more than likely end up going through with it. I just pray I don't regret doing it. 

Edited by runner92

2 hours ago, runner92 said:

People don't understand the fears people have. I for one have had multiple issues with my eyes. There have been side effects involving vision issues after getting the shot. I don't want to lose my sight over a shot that can't even 100% protect me. Do you understand how very mad I would be if I took the shot and something crazy happened? I know the new system is coming, but I'm only 28 years old and we don't know how long we have in this system. I don't want to wreak the life I have now for a shot that isn't 100%. I understand having faith, but what if something crazy happens? I'd honestly rather die than go through something that I could've avoided if I didn't get the shot. That might be extreme, but that's how I feel. There are a few countries that have now banned Moderna for people under 30. Why are they doing that? 

There are very real fears and I don't want to live with regret or mad that something happened to me. I'm just very scared and paranoid as it is. I'm not trying to be contrary. This is not how I normally am. I don't think many understand all the fears people have. 

I'll stop now though, because I know this isn't a welcome discussion at this point. I'll more than likely end up going through with it. I just pray I don't regret doing it. 

I wasn’t referring to legitimate health issues but rather to the worldly propaganda and conspiracy theories that some have adopted. And those who are willing to criticize the GB for the way they are handling things. 
For your concerns, it would probably be best to consult some physicians to get a few opinions to help reassure you the best step to take. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

3 hours ago, runner92 said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-europe-moderna/fact-check-some-european-countries-halted-moderna-covid-19-vaccines-for-young-people-idUSL1N2RE22K

Partly false. The use of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine has been paused in Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland for use in young people.

Pfizer's vaccine is recommended for younger people in those countries.

There is risk in all medications. hundreds of people have died taking Aspirin and Tylenol. There is a risk in everything we do but the benefits of following the lead and direction of the FDS far outweigh the risk of taking a vaccine.

Edited by Ludwika

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

4 hours ago, vern said:

Far as i see it.  The GB aren.t making vaccines a non choice... They are favorible to vaccine but still allow it to be a choice.  Yet again individuals take a more extreme take on the GB example.

I believe in the safety and efficacy of vaccines.  I also believe that people each have to make their own decisions.  I don't even ask people if they are vaccinated, because it really is not my business. If I have to have a worker come to my house to repair something, I will ask if he is vaccinated.  If he will be inside the house working, I have a right to know.

Edited by Witness1970

4 hours ago, vern said:

Far as i see it.  The GB aren.t making vaccines a non choice... They are favorible to vaccine but still allow it to be a choice.  Yet again individuals take a more extreme take on the GB example.

They lead by that example.
They don’t need to say anything more than that. 
Nobody is being extreme mentioning that. 

Edited by Mykyl

There are legitimate health reasons to avoid certain medications. I used to take Enalapril for high blood pressure. I developed a really bad dry cough.

Did that mean I only hade two options ... 1) live with the cough 2) quit taking medicine for high blood pressure? 

NO!

The doctor changed my prescription. Instead of taking Enalapril I now take Losartan. It helps keep my blood pressure in check and I no longer have a dry cough.

Did changing medicine cure me of high blood pressure? No. If I quit taking the pills my blood pressure will go up.

Are there people who cannot take Losartan? Sure there are. I know some who have had adverse reactions to it just like I had adverse reactions to Enalapril. However, I did not refuse to try the Losartan proclaiming it as "evil" because some people can't take it - nor do I try to convince others they should not take Enalapril just because I can't take it.

The same holds true of the vaccines. 

Some people hear of "problems" with one vaccine and label them all as "evil". Some just assume that, because "some" people have had issues with a particular vaccine, that they will also have those issues.

Consider, there are three vaccines readily available in the US. If you have particular health concerns about Moderna due to issues some have had, you might consider one of the other two. If you are concerned because you have hear of issues concerning all three of the vaccines - ask your doctor like I did when Enalapril was causing me issues.

Before getting the vaccine, I asked my doctor if it was OK for me to take it and I asked if there was any particular one I should avoid.

I might add, one thing I did NOT do with my blood pressure medicine or the vaccines, was search the Internet of "horror stories" on the evils of these medicines. I also did not dwell on the negative things some claim will happen if a person takes any of these nor did I just assume that I would have the negative reactions. 

I consulted with my doctor for a professions, informed opinion and them made my decision.

While it should be clear what direction the FDS advises on the vaccines by their comments, example and even following the local mandates that require vaccines for those attending meetings - they have allowed for each of making our own decision based on our individual medical situation.

A few things to keep in mind when we have made our decision.

• If we decide NOT to get the vaccine, we should make sure it is based on good medical reasoning and not propaganda and misinformation propagated on the Internet and the anti-vaxx agenda of the world
  • We must be willing to accept any restrictions we may face at meetings and special activities (like the LDC)
  • We should not try to convince others they should make the same decision we have made.

One thing we may try when making such a decision - use the time making the decision by consulting Jehovah in prayer instead of spending that time on the Internet reading conflicting posts about vaccines.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Governing Body Update #9

Psalm 27:13: “Where would I be if I did not have
faith that I would see Jehovah’s goodness in the land of the living?”

Psalm 32:8. He says: “I will give you insight and instruct you in the
way you should go. I will give you advice with my eye upon you.”

(FDS)They aren’t motivated by some personal view or political agenda.
They love us. They want the best for us. I hear someone ask, ‘What
do they know?’ Wrong question. I think the right question is, What
does Jehovah know?
It comes down to this, friends:
Do I really believe that Jehovah is directing this organization
today?

Do I believe that Jehovah will give insight to his faithful people
so they can remain “in the land of the living,” as the psalmist
said?

To repeat the question we often raise in field service, Does
God really care?

2. Jehovah Cares about us
Would Jehovah allow the Governing Body, the helpers,
missionaries, a huge percentage of the worldwide Bethel family,
and other full-time servants to engage in practices or receive a
COVID-19 vaccine that would be harmful?
Surely Jehovah wants
the brothers at world headquarters to continue providing spiritual
food. He wants to make sure that the work continues at our branch
offices and in the field. To do that, we have to be “in the land of the
living.”

On 11/12/2021 at 6:06 PM, bagwell1987 said:

This also reminds me when the GB warned us that "we may be given direction we personally don't understand or agree with", but what will we do? Keep with Jehovah's direction or defy it? We've now got the new update on the vaccine that firmly has Jehovah's blessing, we're being given direction that clashes with what some think but it's clear how JAH feels. Stay with the chariot or risk losing it all.

I am one that had to get a better understanding, I was reluctant to get the vaccination based on the new strands that was coming out and needing new vaccinations, after reviewing the GB videos I came to  understand that is one of those situations that we just don't  understand but it is directions coming from Jehovah, thanks

Some anti-vaxxers point to VAERS as evidence that the vaccine is dangerous.  With VAERS, if a 90-year-old man gets a vaccine and dies a month later from natural causes, it gets reported to VAERS.  It doesn't matter what the real cause of death is, doctors are required to report it.

Some time later research is done to decide if the vaccine caused the death.  So far there have been zero (0) confirmed deaths caused by the vaccine.  I repeat: The research done so far has not shown any deaths caused by the vaccine.

But anti-vaxxers act like if anyone dies after having the vaccine, it was caused by the vaccine.  It doesn't matter that the car they were riding in was totaled.  Just blame it on the vaccine.

The way to prevent new strands from developing is to get vaccinated and not let the virus grow in your body.

Edited by Witness1970

1 hour ago, Witness1970 said:

Some time later research is done to decide if the vaccine caused the death.  So far there have been zero (0) confirmed deaths caused by the vaccine.  I repeat: The research done so far has not shown any deaths caused by the vaccine.

Do you have a source for this? I'd be interested in reading more 

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

I have searched all through various reports and I can not find one verifiable death from the COVID-19 vaccine.  So far the reports on VAERS have all been coincidental rather than causal.  There are plenty of websites that talk about the vaccinations and deaths, but, I have searched many of them, and I cannot find one time that a COVID vaccine was actually the cause of the death.

6 hours ago, Witness1970 said:

4 hours ago, Shawnster said:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/sep/20/facebook-posts/no-evidence-covid-19-vaccines-causing-deaths/

And no evidence has established that a COVID-19 vaccine authorized in the U.S. caused any deaths, let alone hundreds of thousands. 

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7018e2.htm

Among 88 deaths reported after vaccination, three occurred in patients with CVST (8); after preliminary reviews, no other deaths appear to have an association with vaccination.

Is this thread nuetral?  Cause theres plenty of other arguments being said that vears is highly under reported.

Some say that proper autopsies aren.tbeing done. 

The entire medical documentaion isn.t being done well.

Puts in to question all sides of data.

3 minutes ago, vern said:

Is this thread nuetral?  Cause theres plenty of other arguments being said that vears is highly under reported.

This seems to be the same argument some have about the number of COVID 19 related deaths, like "what about the person who died in a car accident, bit he had COVID so he was marked as dying of COVID?"

All of this "rare" mistakes are often offset by the same error, but in the opposite direction.

Just stick to what is actually posted by legitimate sources. The slave has regularly quoted from the CDC. Use this one link for "legitimate" info about VEARs:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7018e2.htm

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, vern said:

I wish it was more neutral, I have tonnes of verifiable peer reviewed articles at my fingertips that show the complete reverse to what  witness1970 stated. However I feel that one gets labelled or worse if one disagrees with the main narrative. So instead it’s easier to not say anything… 😔 because we were told to double check our motives - and so I keep thinking that if folk have already made up their mind - then whats the point in showing an alternative medical or scientific  opinion, am I just trying to be “right” or am I truly worried for folks health? The honest answer is a mixture of both and since I don’t really know these brothers very well then my motive is more leaning towards being “right” rather than love …

I wonder about the motive from those who jump on anyone who thinks more conservatively, as it isnt often said very lovingly (if that is their reason/motive for their posts.)

We all have free will. If anyone wants information that’s unbiased or not tied to pharmaceutical lobbying then they will find it if they truly look.

Fact: FDS have said it’s our own choice.

Fact: NOBODY is “right” about the scientific data.

39 minutes ago, Honeybarrel said:

I wish it was more neutral, I have tonnes of verifiable peer reviewed articles at my fingertips that show the complete reverse to what  witness1970 stated. However I feel that one gets labelled or worse if one disagrees with the main narrative. So instead it’s easier to not say anything… 😔 because we were told to double check our motives - and so I keep thinking that if folk have already made up their mind - then whats the point in showing an alternative medical or scientific  opinion, am I just trying to be “right” or am I truly worried for folks health? The honest answer is a mixture of both and since I don’t really know these brothers very well then my motive is more leaning towards being “right” rather than love …

I wonder about the motive from those who jump on anyone who thinks more conservatively, as it isnt often said very lovingly (if that is their reason/motive for their posts.)

We all have free will. If anyone wants information that’s unbiased or not tied to pharmaceutical lobbying then they will find it if they truly look.

Fact: FDS have said it’s our own choice.

Fact: NOBODY is “right” about the scientific data.

Thank you. And one more fun fact:

The vaccine is WAY LESS harmful than COVID 19 - more than 5 Million dead are proof of this.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

6 minutes ago, vern said:

Time will tell.

No doubt, when the thousands of Bethel/ branch reps start experiencing terrible side effects and/or dying, we will hear about it and perhaps question whether Jehovah wanted them in "the land of the living" after all🤷🏽‍♀️😔

Edited by Hope

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

The vaccine is WAY LESS harmful than COVID 19 - more than 5 Million dead are proof of this.

Exactly!!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

It is very unfortunate that one’s health care has become a political football… with each side asserting their rights.. each side using emotional reasoning.. each side talking without really communicating. 
So what does one do when confronted with this barrage information? 
The world just gets louder and more aggressive. 

As followers  of Christ what shall we do?

There are no biblical commands on thou shalt take vaccinations or not?

So the next thing is to look at Biblical principles? 
Such as on love of neighbour.

Seeking direction on principles brought to us by our spiritual shepherds. 

So what are some of the basic facts or reality’s our brothers considered..

In the coming months and years the majority of humanity that interacts to any degree with each other …. Will get Covid 19 or one of its variants.. It doesn’t matter if you are vaccinated or not. 
What our dear brothers have observed on a global scale and in communication with trusted brothers and sisters is that those who are vaccinated fair better than those who don’t when exposed to this virus. That is a valid and life saving observation. 

In the coming months and years there will probably be other methods and means to deal with the effects of this disease. At this moment in time however there is no cure and just a few options to reduce the effects of this disease.

For some this is a life challenging decision because of real health issues …it has nothing to do with emotional reasoning they are caught between a rock and a very hard place and in this system may not survive because of the profound medical issues that are compounded in their life. Life as we know it is very fragile.

For the majority of our brothers and sisters taking recommended medical precautions is the coarse of cautious safety. This is the path our faithful shepherds have taken.

So we may disagree with that direction…..

That is our choice.. each one must carry his or own load.

Where it causes ruptures in our relationship with our spiritual family depends on how much we want to vociferously exercise our rights to take medical treatment or not for this disease.

To what end? 

I know some who are loudly proclaiming that the Governing Body will rue the day that they recommended this coarse of safety and that they will have blood guilt on their hands.😳

Sad but true.

So what shall we do.. 

Am going to go out and be the poster boy for vaccinations… No 

Am going to go out and be the poster boy for the opposite … No 

For whatever reason you may not want to follow the direction of of our faithful brothers.., here is the bottom line .. keep your own counsel and carry your own load. 

Getting into debates solves nothing and protects no one from the divisive tactics of Satan.. 

So to reiterate as a group of moderators on this  great forum we call JWTALK we will moderate  all divisive comments .. this may irritate you greatly  because you can’t say exactly what is on your mind..and in turn you may find that this forum is not a good fit for your unique  perspective, if you find our moderations too restrictive, we will respectfully except your resignation from this site. 

We all need peace and seek direction from those who exemplify it.

Edited by Lance

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.