JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Covid-19 Vaccine Research, Development, Ingredients and Reactions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 809 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/covid-19-booster

You can certainly look at antibody levels, and that does offer some indication of how much protection lasts. But even if they have waned, that doesn’t necessarily mean the body’s capacity to respond to exposure is gone,” Dr. Shaw says. “One of the most amazing parts of the immune system is immunologic memory of past infections or vaccines. If you are re-exposed to something [via a booster shot, that follows the original exposure by vaccination], the memory response is even more vigorous than the original. This memory response includes antibody responses, but also includes an additional arm of the immune system controlled by a different group of white blood cells called T cells or T lymphocytes.

For now, Dr. Shaw emphasizes that the most important thing any of us can do is get vaccinated. And if you are already vaccinated, know that the situation is being closely monitored by the scientific and public health communities. 

“The booster question is being worked out as we speak,” Dr. Shaw says, noting that the open possibility of the need for a booster shot doesn’t represent a failure of the existing vaccines. “People get confused—or they think something is wrong—when guidance changes with COVID-19, but we have to remember that we are learning about this as we go."

(boosters are used in routine childhood vaccines such as chickenpox, tetanus, diphtheria, mumps, measles, and rubella—to name a few. These are recommended because you need the extra doses to get longer lasting protective immunity. So it’s not a “new” thing).

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Antibodies circulating in body are easier to measure 

that’s why governments want us to take boosts so often

its hard to measure memory T cells….

But nobody is measuring my antibodies.  I understand what you are saying, but who is being measured?

57 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

(boosters are used in routine childhood vaccines such as chickenpox, tetanus, diphtheria, mumps, measles, and rubella—to name a few. These are recommended because you need the extra doses to get longer lasting protective immunity. So it’s not a “new” thing).

They aren't given 6 months after the initial vaccine, either.  Childhood boosters are years later.

4 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

They aren't given 6 months after the initial vaccine, either.  Childhood boosters are years later.

Just given as an example of how boosters are needed.  This situation for Covid and the vaccines used are different for these childhood diseases.

8 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

But nobody is measuring my antibodies.  I understand what you are saying, but who is being measured?

Everyone should check their antibodies level weeks after the last jab

to make sure the vaccine has worked 

I don’t understand why it’s not mentioned 

if you had antibodies then the jab worked

no need to boost anymore for now

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

Its rarely mentioned as there are very few places that will actually test you for antibody count.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

4 hours ago, trottigy said:

Its rarely mentioned as there are very few places that will actually test you for antibody count.

Makes sense to do it

how do you know you became protected? What if the vaccine was spoiled before given? How  do you know? 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

7 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Makes sense to do it

how do you know you became protected? What if the vaccine was spoiled before given? How  do you know? 

Thanks for the interesting point about antibody testing.

Reminded me of this article by Dr Leong. He explained how an antibody test for the Sinovac vaccine showed few antibodies.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/fear-of-complications-or-side-effects-main-reason-some-seniors-spurn-covid-19-vaccine

Dr Leong said he has had “dozens” of patients from Indonesia who had the Sinovac vaccine and found in subsequent antibody tests that they had little or no immune response to the virus.

A Hong Kong University (HKU) study which tracked the antibody response of 1,000 people who had received either the Pfizer-BioNTech or the Sinovac vaccine also found that people who were vaccinated with the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine had “substantially higher” levels of antibodies than those who received Sinovac’s, Dr Leong said.

All I can find are places that will test if you are positive for antibodies. I can't find any in Nevada that will give you a count.

What is a COVID antibody test?

An antibody test can detect antibodies that developed as a result of exposure to COVID-19. It is important to remember that COVID-19 antibody testing should not be used to determine or validate the effectiveness of a COVID-19 vaccine. It should also not be used alone to confirm a diagnosis of a current infection. Patients who test positive for antibodies should continue to be vigilant about following CDC guidelines to prevent COVID-19 infection including social distancing, wearing masks/face coverings in public, and all patients regardless of immune status should receive the COVID-19 vaccine.

https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/clinic-locator/nv/lasvegas/antibody-testing.html

This was interesting, "COVID-19 antibody testing should not be used to determine or validate the effectiveness of a COVID-19 vaccine"

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

22 minutes ago, trottigy said:

All I can find are places that will test if you are positive for antibodies. I can't find any in Nevada that will give you a count.

https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/clinic-locator/nv/lasvegas/antibody-testing.html

This was interesting, "COVID-19 antibody testing should not be used to determine or validate the effectiveness of a COVID-19 vaccine"

I wonder why....

In fact this matter is so complicated and involves a lot of issues.

Your body develops antibodies for a certain indefined period of time, after which are no longer needed, drop and fall almost to zero.

Its important to know if you develop antibodies shortly after being vaccinated. Because after a few months they may no longer be able to be measured. Does that mean you are not protected? no! but you no longer can be certain of that unless you measure the memory T Cells and B- cells that produce antibodies. That´s hard, expensive, and slow process.

Because of this drop and this issue, governments are saying for population at risk to take a 3rd dose. and because you may be protected even if the antibody tests dont say so.

In no time they will ask for more dosis.

Without measuring the people imunity....This makes no sense at all. You may be protected and how can you know?

Other big issue is that vaccines used currently DO NOT CARRY the whole virus.

If the antibody tests are not targeted to the same viral parts of the vaccines, then you can be protected from the virus but the antibody test wil say you are not if the test cant detect the antibodies the vaccine has produced.

Antibody tests dont detect ALL antibodies... that´s a flaw from the system.

The testing has flaws, the vaccines have flaws, everything is falling apart in this wicked world of satan.

This information is sooooooooo complicated in this site for the public. Even I find it hard to understand: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/antibody-testing-not-currently-recommended-assess-immunity-after-covid-19-vaccination-fda-safety

Why do they do it? 

Politic talking?

or simply... cant simplify what´s so complicated. :wall:

Edited by Sofia

I am not sure if I like sound of this...hmmm (boosters for many years)

The announcement came as Victoria recorded 1173 new coronavirus cases and nine deaths on Sunday morning, with the peak pharmacy body suggesting Australians will be receiving vaccination boosters for years to come.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/victoria-records-1173-new-covid-19-cases-nine-deaths-20211107-p596n1.html

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

8 hours ago, Qapla said:

You mean like flu shots are yearly and tetanus boosters are usually at 10 years ...

You're not mandated to get those shots, though. I for one have never taken a flu shot and haven't faced a threat of being barred from aspects of life over it. Also, based on what we've seen so far, there would more than likely be multiple boosters each year. I'm not sure how healthy that would be, and truth be told, they don't really know either. 

Edited by runner92

The corona virus use to be part the flu.cold season.....

Covid 19 is the complication in your lungs...

Covid 19 is not common.... I.ve not met anyone with it....

The cold . flu.....   Ok... Sure...

Corona virus.... Use to be just another cold or flu....

Why all the fuss.....  Shakes head..

To all who actually lost a loved one.... So sorry.

so i worked at a company with 600 employees.... No covid... No deaths....

Not heard of anyone dieing of covid where i am.

Non of my family....

Only heard of 1 dieing in here sleep who wasn.t sick at all.... Mystery....

I can say what i see.

I.m not sure what you call minimizing.... Death happens all the time in many wayz...

Apparently you would think during a pandemic the average death would go higher... But some say its stayed the same....  Thats just a fact... Not misinformation...

I can say what i see... Doesn.t mean its not in the world....

And i did say to those that had a dead loved one....

So i feel baited in having to reply...  Should i be insulted?

1 hour ago, vern said:

I.m not sure what you call minimizing.... Death happens all the time in many wayz...

Posts like the one above give the impression that this pandemic is being blown out of proportion. The implication being Covid-19 is either non-existent, or is no worse than the average yearly flu. Such comments result in division and do not serve to unify the congregation.  The lead of the Governing Body is this pandemic is real, it is worse than the typical Influenza, and has caused the Organization to take unprecedented steps in keeping Christians safe and healthy. 

Vern, your thoughts and opinions are yours.  We can't and won't change your mind.  You are fortunate to not know a single individual who has gotten sick with covid.  I'm actually shocked that you live in Northern California and have not known anyone with covid. Perhaps you simply don't know or haven't heard, but that's neither here nor there.  

Regardless, let me be clear. We cannot and will not tolerate on this site divisive commentary. We will help and hear anyone who is honestly and sincerely working through the situation and sorting facts from fiction. However, we are no longer permitting members to use our community as their soap box to rail against the current state of the pandemic. This is the reality we live in and no amount of casting aspersions or sewing doubt will improve our lives right now. 

Edited by Shawnster

4 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Nobody in your congregation? 

I guess the friends on here such as @carlos don't count? 

I got it also. Not a pic nic... not at all

4 hours ago, rocket said:

Having lost a family member to covid-19, I find it to be quite an insult to see someone minimize the seriousness of the disease. She died because of the anti-vaccine propaganda her family bought into.

Im deeply sorry :(:( hugs, big hugs. I had covid as well, very early in time, in january 2020

6 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Nobody in your congregation? 

I guess the friends on here such as @carlos don't count? 

One of my fleshly brothers caught C-19 last year. At a super-spreader type event.. he is a right-wing person who thinks- still thinks- that masks, covid, etc are exaggerated government plots. 🙄 

Currently, my former sister-in-law, her new husband, one of her toddler twins, and one of my nieces are extremely sick with covid. Not antivaxx..  just never got around to getting it. ☹

A brother in my congregation caught it- put my son and several other friends in quarantine as a result. Fortunately no one else caught it.. they were vaccinated.

Disappointed at @vern's nonchalance, but that's his right, I suppose.. 🤨😐

Over 750,000 dead in the US alone sounds like a lot to me- and nearly 20k Witnesses-  but perhaps higher numbers would be more impressive? 🤔 

At least 3 in my congregation, including my father in law. 

Maybe me, my wife, her mom, and her grandmother.  We will never know. We all were terribly ill in January 2020.  All diagnosed with something different but we were all sick at the same time and all caught it from my wife's grandmother. Nobody heard of covid them, so we weren't tested obviously and never gave it the first thought until mid March. Even then they thought covid wasn't in the states before February.  I've heard since then they think maybe December 19 it was here. 

My sister died of covid a year ago this month.  My brother and another sister both had Covid. 

My wife had 2 childhood friends die of covid.  A close friend of my mother in law's nearly died of covid. 

A dear brother in the congregation I grew up in just died of covid. He was a week younger than my mother. 

That's just off the top of my head. 

Edited by Shawnster

My coworker, a sister, and her husband are recovering from Covid. They were both vaccinated but he got it from work. They are still in recovery mode two weeks later. She sounds terribly congested and the way she describes getting out of breath so quickly, reminds me of the time I had pneumonia.  I can’t imagine how bad she would be without being vaccinated. 
I have other friends who also swear they must of had Covid in January 2020. I think it was spread before they knew anything. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

On 11/2/2021 at 2:05 AM, Sofia said:

Thanks for this info. We got J&J in June and I am getting a “recommendation“ from my corona app to get a booster. I just called my doctor‘s office and I can get a blood test done to measure the antibodies if I pay out of pocket as it’s not covered from my insurance, which would cost 25€. The alternative is to get the booster for free. Have to chew on that.

Edited by Lieblingskind

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11