JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Covid-19 Vaccine Research, Development, Ingredients and Reactions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 794 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

13 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

I don't think having an auto-immune disease makes a lot of difference to your body's response to the vaccination.

Yes I know a few with this disease and were vaccinated. Albeit one with some side effects, but notwithstanding much better than catching the virus and perhaps going through a more severe, serious outcome. But everyone's biological and physiological makeup are different, so a study with statistics would have a better way of determining this.

Edited by Woanders

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

11 minutes ago, Polka Dot said:

I had another long talk with my doctor about getting vaccinated but still a no go due to certain medical conditions and history.  She said although the serious side effects are rare, they are very real.  She had lost a patient just a week before due to the vaccine.  So still a no go for me.  She told me she will continue to do curbside service for me so I will not have to go inside the clinic.

Sometimes I feel like I'm being left behind because I can not get vaccinated.  It's very depressing, discouraging.  

Clearly You have a legitimate reason for not being vaccinated. Do not feel discouraged by that. You have done all you can to see if it was possible to be vaccinated despite your medical issues.

I am sure you are doing and will continue to do all you can to stay safe. Well done. 

39 minutes ago, Polka Dot said:

I had another long talk with my doctor about getting vaccinated but still a no go due to certain medical conditions and history.  She said although the serious side effects are rare, they are very real.  She had lost a patient just a week before due to the vaccine.  So still a no go for me.  She told me she will continue to do curbside service for me so I will not have to go inside the clinic.

Sometimes I feel like I'm being left behind because I can not get vaccinated.  It's very depressing, discouraging.  

It sounds like you have a very caring doctor Polka. 

1 hour ago, Mykyl said:

Clearly You have a legitimate reason for not being vaccinated. Do not feel discouraged by that. You have done all you can to see if it was possible to be vaccinated despite your medical issues.

I am sure you are doing and will continue to do all you can to stay safe. Well done. 

1 hour ago, Honeybarrel said:

It sounds like you have a very caring doctor Polka. 

I so deeply appreciate your encouraging words.  Thank you!!!

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

4 hours ago, Polka Dot said:

You can speak to me

please don’t be depressed

i not against vaccines 

but I also chose not take them

ive checked my immunity often and even today

just folllow GB directions at update #9

dont feel bad

We love you and most of all Jehovah does too

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

You can speak to me

please don’t be depressed

i not against vaccines 

but I also chose not take them

ive checked my immunity often and even today

just folllow GB directions at update #9

dont feel bad

We love you and most of all Jehovah does too

Thank you for your support and encouragement!

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

Below,  is a vide what has been happening in the hospitals we I work in as well, with our Fully vaccinated patients infected with Covi-19. We thought, that it was just our hospital, that were only getting the fully vaccinated patients in with very sick patients. But now our hospital knows it's has been happening worldwide.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/FRO1Hz62ZtCW/

6 hours ago, Enoch said:

Below,  is a vide what has been happening in the hospitals we I work in as well, with our Fully vaccinated patients infected with Covi-19. We thought, that it was just our hospital, that were only getting the fully vaccinated patients in with very sick patients. But now our hospital knows it's has been happening worldwide.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/FRO1Hz62ZtCW/

Enoch, that video doesn't support your statement that fully vaccinated people are getting sick and dying. It only repeats what we already knew, that vaccinated people can catch the virus and pass it to others. But few fully vaccinated people get seriously sick, and very few of them die from covid. The idea that most who die of covid are vaccinated is simply untrue.

Interestingly, the official site of the West Virginia government has that same governor, Jim Justice, urging people to get the booster shot as soon as possible to prevent more deaths. That Bitchute website where the video is posted is a radical right-wing conspiracy site. They took that video out of context to make it seem the governor supports their nonsense when he actually doesn't.

I don't understand why a Christian would resort to that kind of lie-spreading sites to get their information, when we have reliable and true information from the Governing Body that says the opposite.

On 12/6/2021 at 12:05 AM, vern said:

Good news?.... 

Well since its safe for adults and protects us against serious illness and death from Covid, how can it *not*  be good news they're testing to give the same thing to babies?  Even if its one baby in a million dies of Covid, thats one baby too many, so yes its good news.

Why wouldn't it be !?

Edited by sunshine

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 6:59 AM, Dages said:

It was already the case at the beginning, Moderna had less issues and was more efficient, that's why my family and I picked Moderna.

hmmm.. and then this:

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/moderna-covid-19-shot-more-likely-cause-heart-inflammation-than-pfizers-study-2021-12-17/

:( 

On 10/23/2020 at 7:16 PM, carlos said:

Nancy, you have all the right to refuse vaccines or any medical treatment for whatever reasons. But it's not fair to present our publications as opposed to vaccines.

Forgive me Carlos, I couldn't resist.  :lol1:

Once upon a time the organization had an entirely different view on vaccinations.  You'll have to admit, the article is hilarious, enjoy!

A 1939 Consolation (Pre-Awake) magazine
"The Crime of Vaccinations" starts on page 3

Ladies and Gentleman, fasten your seatbelts, you may fall off your chair!

Capture.JPG

1939_514_Consolation_May_31_1939.pdf

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

43 minutes ago, Loje said:

Once upon a time the organization had an entirely different view on vaccinations.  You'll have to admit, the article is hilarious, enjoy!

Capture.JPG

1939_514_Consolation_May_31_1939.pdf 12.64 MB · 2 downloads

My goodness - we have blessedly come a long way! 😮  There is so much in that magazine that is rather inflammatory and opinion-based; very little scriptural backing or even leaning, to my eyes.  Brother Rutherford sure was something else, eh? :(

1 hour ago, Loje said:

1939_514_Consolation_May_31_1939.pdf 12.64 MB · 3 downloads

30 minutes ago, Hope said:

My goodness - we have blessedly come a long way! 😮  There is so much in that magazine that is rather inflammatory and opinion-based; very little scriptural backing or even leaning, to my eyes.  Brother Rutherford sure was something else, eh? :(

During this time period the articles in the Consolation were reader submissions and not exclusively written by Brother Rutherford or any other representative of the Organization.   

There is a Golden Age, for example, that has both pro and anti vaccination articles IN THE SAME ISSUE! We will have to see if anyone can share that reference. 

It's also not fair to reach back nearly 100 years to try to support some idea on what our publications currently promote.  We've gotten much better over time, the light is brighter. 

But your post about that Consolation is still funny :lol1:

Edited by Shawnster

9 hours ago, YayaMichelle said:

"The researchers found only 1 case per 71,400 vaccinated with Pfizer-BioNTech and 1 case per 23,800 vaccinated with Moderna. Most of the cases had been mild, the study said.

Pfizer-BioNTech's vaccine was only associated with a higher risk of heart inflammation among women, the study said, contrasting with the results of the studies from Israel and the United States."

meh, I'm fine.

9 hours ago, Loje said:

I'm glad you mentioned that, Lori. I know you meant it as a joke, and it's funny! :lol: But it will also give us a chance to debunk a myth. :)

Many friends wrongly believe our organization was opposed to vaccines. Our opposers often point to articles in Golden Age or Consolation to accuse us of teaching all kinds of ridiculous things. But they overlook that those magazines only contained letters sent by readers. Those letters did not necessarily reflect the views of the organization. You can see that in the very issue you quoted, at page 14, under the title "Consolation is your magazine": "Help make it interesting to yourself and others by sending promptly, and in best, most readable form, accurate, specific information on any subject of general interest." Anyone could send a letter and have it published.

I am attaching here the October 12, 1921, issue of the magazine (from the time it was called Golden Age) that illustrates this perfectly. In page 8 it contains an absolutely antivax article titled "The Vaccination Infamy" by A. M. Wilton, M.D. Then in the next page there is an absolutely pro-vax article "Doctor Favors Vaccination". Both opposing views in the same issue of the magazine!

The purpose of The Golden Age or Consolation was just to keep the brotherhood in touch. Our official teachings were published in The Watchtower,  and I have never found any article about vaccines there. On the other hand, brother  Alexander Macmillan writes in his autobiography Faith in the March that when he and the other seven directors at Bethel were sent to jail in 1918, they were vaccinated against smallpox. And later, that when many young brothers went to prison in the US during World War II (shortly after that 1939 article was written), some of them refused the smallpox shot and the branch had to send Macmillan to tell them to stop being silly and take the jab.

This shows that as an organization we were never opposed to vaccines. But at the same time it shows that there has always been a wealth of different viewpoints among Witnesses regarding medical procedures. And that's fine. :)

1891102179_TheGoldenAge-October121921.pdf

22 minutes ago, carlos said:

I'm glad you mentioned that, Lori. I know you meant it as a joke, and it's funny! :lol: But it will also give us a chance to debunk a myth. :)

Many friends wrongly believe our organization was opposed to vaccines. Our opposers often point to articles in Golden Age or Consolation to accuse us of teaching all kinds of ridiculous things. But they overlook that those magazines only contained letters sent by readers. Those letters did not necessarily reflect the views of the organization. You can see that in the very issue you quoted, at page 14, under the title "Consolation is your magazine": "Help make it interesting to yourself and others by sending promptly, and in best, most readable form, accurate, specific information on any subject of general interest." Anyone could send a letter and have it published.

I am attaching here the October 12, 1921, issue of the magazine (from the time it was called Golden Age) that illustrates this perfectly. In page 8 it contains an absolutely antivax article titled "The Vaccination Infamy" by A. M. Wilton, M.D. Then in the next page there is an absolutely pro-vax article "Doctor Favors Vaccination". Both opposing views in the same issue of the magazine!

The purpose of The Golden Age or Consolation was just to keep the brotherhood in touch. Our official teachings were published in The Watchtower,  and I have never found any article about vaccines there. On the other hand, brother  Alexander Macmillan writes in his autobiography Faith in the March that when he and the other seven directors at Bethel were sent to jail in 1918, they were vaccinated against smallpox. And later, that when many young brothers went to prison in the US during World War II (shortly after that 1939 article was written), some of them refused the smallpox shot and the branch had to send Macmillan to tell them to stop being silly and take the jab.

This shows that as an organization we were never opposed to vaccines. But at the same time it shows that there has always been a wealth of different viewpoints among Witnesses regarding medical procedures. And that's fine. :)

1891102179_TheGoldenAge-October121921.pdf 2.62 MB · 0 downloads

EXCELLENT ! Bookmarking this !

13 hours ago, Shawnster said:

t's also not fair to reach back nearly 100 years to try to support some idea on what our publications currently promote.  We've gotten much better over time, the light is brighter.

How is it not fair? Sometimes the seed of an idea is found 100 years ago.....or 2000 years ago. Our publications may promote an idea currently that had it's roots in the past. Making your own mind up on certain issues may involve figuring out "what they were thinking" at the time, no matter when that time was. Besides....the post above was not trying to support a current idea but simply shine a light on what the thinking was at the time.

50 minutes ago, Janet Hart said:

How is it not fair?

If we no longer believe a certain teaching, it is not fair to go back that far to try to say we still believe what we used to. 

For example, it's not fair to talk to an adult about his current understanding about "monsters living under his bed" by talking about how he used to believe such. 

Typically it's people who want to discredt Jehovah's people by brining up the past.  1975 is one example. 

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

If we no longer believe a certain teaching, it is not fair to go back that far to try to say we still believe what we used to. 

i agree.  since we no longer say that vaccination could be wrong scripturally, it would be wrong to go back 100 years to find an  article in our literature that talked bad about vaccination. that only proves that we used to lean that way,,,it doesnt speak to what we currently believe.    but to use Shawnster's illustration.....an adult who doesnt believe in monsters under the bed wouldnt say  ' how dare you insinuate that i used to believe in monsters under my bed!!!!"    you did.  you were young.  now you have matured.

11 hours ago, carlos said:

1891102179_TheGoldenAge-October121921.pdf 2.62 MB · 1 download

Thanks. This is very interesting :)

On 12/18/2021 at 5:34 AM, sunshine said:

Even if its one baby in a million dies of Covid, thats one baby too many, so yes its good news.

Why wouldn't it be !?

If you compare the vaccine injury rate per million to the possibility of saving one child(or infant) of COVID which already has a miniscule death rate for youths you will find some interesting comparisons.  I find interesting how it is being tested...  10 years ago I knew of friends horrified that animals (lot of beagles!!  sob!!) were used to test these things...  How is it being tested these days? What acceptable injury rate spread over our children and grands?  All should be considered, yes?

On 12/28/2021 at 10:52 AM, Shawnster said:

people who want to discredt Jehovah's people by brining up the past.

Oh, we would be in a pickle then!  

14 minutes ago, Geralyn said:

If you compare the vaccine injury rate per million to the possibility of saving one child(or infant) of COVID which already has a miniscule death rate for youths you will find some interesting comparisons.  I find interesting how it is being tested...  10 years ago I knew of friends horrified that animals (lot of beagles!!  sob!!) were used to test these things...  How is it being tested these days? What acceptable injury rate spread over our children and grands?  All should be considered, yes?

Oh, we would be in a pickle then!  

This whole world is a sad thing!

We clearly need the Kingdom! But until then, we have to do our best to be submissive to the Superior Authorities. This is good tests of our faith and will prepare us well for what's to come. Can we stay neutral and do what we are supposed to now - regardless of our personal thoughts, or not?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....